• Created
  • Last Reply
JR Gg

I'm predicting this lands at a healthy 75 :vegas:

With most scores between 75 - 90 and snobbish 40 to 60s :saladga:

Vitleysingur

Esquire

Why You Should See A Star Is BornBefore Listening to the Soundtrack

The standouts of both the soundtrack and the film, however, are Lady Gaga's ballads. "Always Remember Us This Way" and "I'll Never Love Again" are stunning on their own, but downright tearjerking knowing the movie. And, of course, the duets between Gaga and Cooper—"Shallow," "Music to My Eyes," "Diggin' My Grave," "I Don't Know What Love Is"—are fueled by the romance of the story. 

As I often do with soundtracks like these, I don't as much listen to them simply for the music, I listen to transport me back to the experience of this cinematic journey. The music is good, but it's part of an entire package that deserves to be taken as a whole. So, go see A Star Is Born this weekend, then listen to the soundtrack to feel it again whenever you want.

I read it as 70/80. It's doesn't count for MC tho.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/amp23610251/a-star-is-born-soundtrack-review/

@Max Vandeburg The review from WP is originally posted by Associate Press. Hundreds of news outlets in North America have reposted it.:vegas:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Review: Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper Shine Bright on the ‘A Star Is Born’ Soundtrack

Its most powerful moments are among the best of Gaga’s career.

By 

BRITTANY SPANOS

As the movie and album progress, the focus becomes Ally. She is rightfully scouted by a manager after touring with Jackson. Excellent piano-bop “Look What I Found” launches a series of pop singles that are catchy, wonderful and The Fame-adjacent in their execution. These songs are placed in the film to call the pop music world vapid and soul-crushing but they’re written by one of the 21st century’s most trailblazing stars, so even if they are supposed to underscore the idea of Ally losing her writing voice, they’re still deliciously fun. The most shocking of that pop nose-dive is from her Saturday Night Live performance: the Diane Warren co-penned “Why Did You Do That?” It’s meant to be slightly ridiculous but it’s a highlight, a moment of easiness in between the heaviness of the love songs.

4/5

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/review-lady-gaga-and-bradley-cooper-shine-bright-on-the-a-star-is-born-soundtrack-733184/

monsterdino
3 hours ago, JR Gg said:

This isn't accurate. The Guardian and I forgot (Telegraph may be too) are top critics, their weightage are higher

3 hours ago, BenG said:

MC has different weights for each publisher

Yeah i said that this is not accurate lmfao :rip: 

Thomas P
14 minutes ago, NathanRajz said:

A 81 score when all the ratings are below 80?

Don’t question it. :huntyga:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived