💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

"I'll Never Love Again" is simply put: Gaga's best song.

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

There's no other way to put it. For me, this is her best song. And no I'm not hyped. I know when a song is good and when it's not. Actually I was criticized for bluntly saying Shallow didn't sound as good as I thought it would be. When I first heard this song, my impression was totally different. Her emotions struck me from the very first verse.

I don't know when she recorded this. But it's clear she really reached so deep in her soul to sing this. No other Gaga song sounded as raw, vulnerable and moving. Really, "Million Reasons" isn't even comparable to how good this song is.

Don't listen to the leaks really. I just didn't think it would be as good as this. And it's better to listen to it in the context of the movie for the first time. You may actually cry but it's a better experience.

Gaga has matured and I'm really proud today! The lyrics are on a total different level from "Just Dance, it's gonna be OK" and mainstream Pop. Maybe this is who she finally wants to be? I think it's time to never ask for TF and TFM stuff again. She has clearly moved on from that. And I can tell she's even much better at writing and singing ballads now, than dance music. She is inching closer to Adele's playground. And maybe it's time to embrace that. So yeah, don't expect LG6 to be anything like her old stuff. 

I genuinely think that if promoted right, this will the career-defining song of Gaga. This is the song people will remember her for decades from now. And this is the song people will play when she passes away decades from now. 

StarstruckIllusion

best ballad… is what I’ll say… def top half of the discography. maybe even quarter. but holy **** that was the most emotional thing she’s ever put me through. I understand the praise. Amazing song. 

aaronyoji

wow!! really?! i guess i won't listen to the rest of the leaked album and wait til i see the film! 

StarstruckIllusion
Just now, aaronyoji said:

wow!! really?! i guess i won't listen to the rest of the leaked album and wait til i see the film! 

oh absolutely 

do NOT listen to that song until the movie. 

lanceryan23

I completely agree. I’m still emotional from that scene of the movie. It’s powerful, emotional, and just simply beautiful.

Ryusei
6 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Gaga has matured and I'm really proud today! The lyrics are on a total different level from "Just Dance, it's gonna be OK" and mainstream Pop. Maybe this is who she finally wants to be? I think it's time to never ask for TF and TFM stuff again. She has clearly moved on from that. And I can tell she's even much better at writing and singing ballads now, than dance music. She is inching closer to Adele's playground. And maybe it's time to embrace that. So yeah, don't expect LG6 to be anything like her old stuff. 

I haven't heard the song or seen the movie but this is Ally's song in context of the movie. Yes it's performed/written by lady gaga but it's in context of the movie as you said. This doesn't have to represent what Gaga wants to do as Gaga. She is as she said "shape-shifting" she is always in the mood for something else and she shouldn't have to or should limit herself to one type of music.

Musery

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

I haven't heard the song or seen the movie but this is Ally's song in context of the movie. Yes it's performed/written by lady gaga but it's in context of the movie as you said. This doesn't have to represent what Gaga wants to do as Gaga. She is as she said "shape-shifting" she is always in the mood for something else and she shouldn't have to or should limit herself to one type of music.

Gaga has never put as much effort/emotions in singing any other song as much as she did here. It's clear this is probably her favorite song. When you'll hear it, you'll understand. It feels like this is her own "I will Always Love You". 

FATCAT
9 minutes ago, aaronyoji said:

Definitely wait, it will ruin the movie (some have said)

Purr more, hiss less.

FadMadonsterStan

Just saw the movie the song was beautiful :messga: although I lied the way it ended I thought the song would have a climax note maybe on the extended edition? Either way what a heartbreaking song :diane:

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, Californian100 said:

Just saw the movie the song was beautiful :messga: although I lied the way it ended I thought the song would have a climax note maybe on the extended edition? Either way what a heartbreaking song :diane:

Yes. The extended version is perfect, but long. I like it long to be honest. It's worth it.

YourWhiskyMouth

Hearing it for the first time while seeing the movie tonight I immediately felt it's the first song since My Heart Will Go On to move an audience like I Will Always Love You. It deserves that iconic place in entertainment history. My whole theater gasped when the song ended and half the theater was in tears.

doppelganger
1 minute ago, YourWhiskyMouth said:

Hearing it for the first time while seeing the movie tonight I immediately felt it's the first song since My Heart Will Go On to move an audience like I Will Always Love You. It deserves that iconic place in entertainment history. My whole theater gasped when the song ended and half the theater was in tears.

i'll probably add "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" to the list too

Archived