❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

Worst Decision Gaga Ever Made

highlikegaga

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

The soccer moms thing happened - we turned a blind eye. "They are the minority LoL"

The Ed thing happened - we turned a blind eye. "They are the minority LoL"

Now, the Venom thing happened - we are yet again ignoring it and calling them the few trolls.

Do you see where I'm going?

If sh*t like this keeps on happening, maybe the vocal ones are not the minority and the sane and normal ones are actually the minority.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't care about the Venom drama, I wanted to use the moment as an example and start a conversation. But since most people don't seem to get that and call me attention seeker, Imma leave it at that.

The soccer mom thing was stupid, but it was a harmless joke, a bunch of people here participated sharing jokes and what not. Even Gaga participated in it - liking tweets and stuff and a bunch of outlets like Digital Spy claimed it was 'Genius', Popcrush called it "Hilarious". The reaction certainly wasn't "They are the minority! LoL", nor did people here turn a blind eye, a lot of people here participated motivated mostly by just messing around, having fun and sharing inside jokes.

As for Ed and Venom - what do you expect people to do? Spend their time hunting down internet trolls and begging them to stop? I just think this rant is directed towards the wrong audience. There are crazy stans in every fanbase, nobodies going to convince them to not be crazy, when somebody has millions of fans there are going to be a few that takes things to far.

This Venom thing is honestly nonsense, you can find the same behaviour with literally every other fanbase on twitter when a project comes out that is seemingly 'competition' to their faves - Buzzfeed ran with it because they can link it to the soccer mom's, make a narrative and keep people on their site clicking through their articles on that. The rest of the media ran with it for the clicks. It's not that serious, it won't stop people from watching the movie, it's not going to hurt Gaga's chances at an Oscar or any BS, nobody is going to be hurt - there's no point in overreacting.

There are trolls on the internet, there are always going to be trolls on the internet, people kinda know there are trolls on the internet, the world will move on. The Beehive going crazy and spamming bee emoji's on the social media profiles of anyone that criticises Beyonce gets media attention for their stunts - but that doesn't stop the media praise or commercial success Beyonce receives. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry
11 hours ago, Impostor said:

Not so much

I don't agree with the OP but this is literally an individual :rip: The GP and critics are loving the song as seen by the unanimously positive reviews and the fact that the song is still #1 on WW iTunes after almost an entire week. That says more than one YouTube reviewer about general reception.

PlanetChromatica

I've literally not seen anyone say they didn't like Shallow.... except that one youtuber lol, which I won't be giving me view to.

Regina George

You CAN’T expect EVERYONE to like EVERYTHING Gaga releases. Be realistic for one time PLEASE! Fans who don’t like something are considered trolls, negative, bad fans, etc. No. You are bad fans for bringing those with other opinions down, for humiliating other members of this fan base, for desperately liking everything Gaga releases without even questioning some of her decisions. You are the ones spreading real negativity and making barriers between fans. 

ALSO fans who made soccer moms, Venom hating tweets - are one of your kind.. the ones who would do anything for Gaga to be on top without even looking at consequences of their actions.

Othon
3 hours ago, highlikegaga said:

I'm a fan since 2008 sis. i know exactly what I'm talking about

Sis, you really, really don't. You just posted some multi-paragraph essay with the same half-way thought-out thesis that gets thrown around here all the time by fans who think it's their job to act like school marms, lecturing fans who ever dislike anything she puts out, who ultimately contribute way more toxicity to this site than anyone saying "Yeah, it's not my favorite thing she's ever put out" ever could. You've edited your original post several times after receiving criticism, but the lines of thinking behind it directly appeals to that small subset of fans that makes up a part of this site's userbase, and it doesn't actually make any sense. In this specific instance, you're up in arms about a handful of tweets that were posted as a joke on stan twitter (the original article written about this cites literally three or four tweets) that were only picked up and written about because pop culture writers need fun and dorky stories to balance out their heavier stuff and this gave them an opportunity to write about both big movies that were coming out this week. Everyone will have forgotten this in a couple of days but, as usual, the angry brigade of lecturing stans have already made a bigger deal out of screaming at other fans than the original non-controversy that no one in the general public will ever care about ever was. There is no actual coordinated effort being carried out by Gaga stans to tank this movie. You're staking your entire point on evidence that doesn't actually exist.

Gaga's relationship with her fans has nothing to do with what was posted on Twitter. Those tweets were posted ironically, as a joke. As everyone else who's responded to this thread disagreeing with you has already said, this kind of behavior happens in every fanbase (though, in this instance it was a JOKE). Gaga's relationship with her fans was something that everyone, even if they disliked her music or thought that here outfits were weird, would always bring up as something they respected about her. It's why she's where she is today. 

You're literally demanding that anyone who has a problem with anything that she puts out leave the site. Are you out of your mind? This is a forum and the fanbase is huge. People are going to disagree with each other. If you don't want to ever see anyone complain about anything that Gaga does, you're the one being unrealistic and you should leave, because you're never going to get what you're wanting, anywhere. You're only contributing to the negativity by posting these half-*ssed treatises, yelling at other fans for things they didn't actually do in the first place. It's embarrassing and, ironically, ridiculously entitled. If you've really been a fan since 2008 and you're out here claiming that you want Gaga to never speak to her fans again, you're betraying what made being a fan of hers special in the first place, all to lecture other fans. That's really, really sad, sis.

:saladga:

RAMROD

Well, I agree with you :poot:

Her fault is to blurred lines between fans and artists. Look at her, most of her fans don't even take her as human being, and think they can berate her for anything. And demand all the impossible things. That is the cost for taking fans beyond professional relationship and make them feel as if they are close friends.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

voidfigure
14 hours ago, Impostor said:

Not so much

He's the same guy who was reviewing ARTPOP without reading the lyrics. What did you expect?

diamondheartxx

I agree mostly, but Bey does not see her fans as money bags.

There are many, many instances of her showing great love to her fans, but for a private and naturally shy person like her, there has to be boundaries. Especially when her fans are pulling her off stage, mobbing her, and slapping her bum. 

But I do believe Gaga should start setting some boundaries as well.

A Very Gaga Holida

I don't agree, first of all because back in 2010 (when she built that relationship) we were not like like this, and second because not so many of us want a The Fame 2.0. Most of us just want clean music, with clean vocals and what was made Joanne so controversial in this fanbase is actually the Dope vocals all over the record. If Joanne had clean vocals, I'm pretty sure that 90% of us would love it as much as her previous records (I don't mean that her vocals were bad, but you know what I mean) 

highlikegaga
8 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Sis, you really, really don't. You just posted some multi-paragraph essay with the same half-way thought-out thesis that gets thrown around here all the time by fans who think it's their job to act like school marms, lecturing fans who ever dislike anything she puts out, who ultimately contribute way more toxicity to this site than anyone saying "Yeah, it's not my favorite thing she's ever put out" ever could. You've edited your original post several times after receiving criticism, but the lines of thinking behind it directly appeals to that small subset of fans that makes up a part of this site's userbase, and it doesn't actually make any sense. In this specific instance, you're up in arms about a handful of tweets that were posted as a joke on stan twitter (the original article written about this cites literally three or four tweets) that were only picked up and written about because pop culture writers need fun and dorky stories to balance out their heavier stuff and this gave them an opportunity to write about both big movies that were coming out this week. Everyone will have forgotten this in a couple of days but, as usual, the angry brigade of lecturing stans have already made a bigger deal out of screaming at other fans than the original non-controversy that no one in the general public will ever care about ever was. There is no actual coordinated effort being carried out by Gaga stans to tank this movie. You're staking your entire point on evidence that doesn't actually exist.

Gaga's relationship with her fans has nothing to do with what was posted on Twitter. Those tweets were posted ironically, as a joke. As everyone else who's responded to this thread disagreeing with you has already said, this kind of behavior happens in every fanbase (though, in this instance it was a JOKE). Gaga's relationship with her fans was something that everyone, even if they disliked her music or thought that here outfits were weird, would always bring up as something they respected about her. It's why she's where she is today. 

You're literally demanding that anyone who has a problem with anything that she puts out leave the site. Are you out of your mind? This is a forum and the fanbase is huge. People are going to disagree with each other. If you don't want to ever see anyone complain about anything that Gaga does, you're the one being unrealistic and you should leave, because you're never going to get what you're wanting, anywhere. You're only contributing to the negativity by posting these half-*ssed treatises, yelling at other fans for things they didn't actually do in the first place. It's embarrassing and, ironically, ridiculously entitled. If you've really been a fan since 2008 and you're out here claiming that you want Gaga to never speak to her fans again, you're betraying what made being a fan of hers special in the first place, all to lecture other fans. That's really, really sad, sis.

:saladga:

I edited my post because of grammar mistakes. Nothing else is changed, henny. Let Admin or someone come and reveal the reason behind my edits. Your attacks are baseless.

And since you didn't bother to read or get my post, I didn't bother to read yours as well. Now stop quoting me, please. As a human being, I have no desire to keep communicating with you.

Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

That J

My worst decision was letting this thread give me a headache. 

:icega:

Let's just enjoy this time.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

highlikegaga
Just now, That J said:

My biggest mistake was letting this thread give me a headache. 

:icega:

It wasn't my intention and I'm deeply sorry I caused someone pain.

Please, report me and my thread. I clearly deserve it.

That J
1 minute ago, highlikegaga said:

It wasn't my intention and I'm deeply sorry I caused someone pain.

Please, report me and my thread. I clearly deserve it.

Did I say it was your opinion that exhausted me? It could have been the other.  

Breathe! Relax.  Lol

It's a good time to be a fan.  Let's all just enjoy it.  Xoxoxoxoxo

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived