Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

For people who oppose listening to ASIB leaks

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent
5 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

If you want to be disrespectful towards Gaga, Bradley and every single person who worked for this movie by spreading leaks so that random people will be able to download them for free and probably never listen to the official tracks when they're released, go for it

But just like you will be able to do that, my holier-than-thou ass will be able to report your account 

Yet another absurd claim. The only people clicking on the links are fans, the large majority of whom have already pre-ordered the soundtrack. Also, if somebody in the world is too poor to afford music (which is expensive) and someone gives them a link to listen for free then I'm super proud of that person for being kind and considerate. :vegas:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Panchecco
Just now, Saint Laurent said:

Yet another absurd claim. The only people clicking on the links are fans, the large majority of whom have already pre-ordered the soundtrack. Also, if somebody in the world who is too poor to afford music (which is expensive) and someone gives them a link to listen for free then I'm super proud of that person for being kind and considerate. :vegas:

Spotify is literally free though 

I'm the one claiming absurdities yet you're the one who wants to be kind and considerate towards poor fans but couldn't give a **** towards Gaga and the ASIB team who literally worked their asses off to give us the best experience possible

the foolery jumped out

hausofbrice
14 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

By your logic, there would be no soundtrack at all. 

The soundtrack is NOT the same as the music in the film and is intended to be enjoyed for exactly what it is: music.

Not to mention that really only the pop songs leaked, which aren't as integral to the story as you're making out.

Quite frankly I don't care how somebody else wants me to experience art. I have a personal relationship with all of the art that I choose to digest and will also choose how and when I experience it for myself.

What do you mean there would be no soundtrack at all?

I'm assuming the soundtrack is the same as the music in the film, if she sang shallow on the soundtrack than im assuming it's also in the film. Whether or not it's a studio or live version doesn't really change what song it is or make it a completely different song...

I'm not aware that only the pop songs leaked cause I don't really follow that stuff, so I had assumed that some of the ballads/songs that are important to the plot had been leaked as well.

As I said, you do you, but the OP asked for my opinion and I proved it in a detail and educated manner.

xoxo, brice ♡

hausofbrice
6 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Also, if somebody in the world is too poor to afford music (which is expensive)

it's literally free on spotify... 

xoxo, brice ♡

Saint Laurent
Just now, Panchecco said:

Spotify is literally free though 

I'm the one claiming absurdities yet you're the one who wants to be kind and considerate towards poor fans but couldn't give a **** towards Gaga and the ASIB team who literally worked their asses off to give us the best experience possible

the foolery jumped out

Nope I couldn't care less about a wildly successful film studio losing a slight amount of profit (which is incredibly unlikely to happen anyway) :vegas:

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, hausofbrice said:

What do you mean there would be no soundtrack at all?

I'm assuming the soundtrack is the same as the music in the film, if she sang shallow on the soundtrack than im assuming it's also in the film. Whether or not it's a studio or live version doesn't really change what song it is or make it a completely different song...

I'm not aware that only the pop songs leaked cause I don't really follow that stuff, so I had assumed that some of the ballads/songs that are important to the plot had been leaked as well.

As I said, you do you, but the OP asked for my opinion and I proved it in a detail and educated manner.

If we're only supposed to experience the music with the film as you seem to be suggesting, then there would be no soundtrack at all.

Saint Laurent
2 minutes ago, hausofbrice said:

it's literally free on spotify... 

Spotify isn't available everywhere.

hausofbrice
5 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

If we're only supposed to experience the music with the film as you seem to be suggesting, then there would be no soundtrack at all.

I'm suggesting that the music is intended to be first experienced alongside the film... and than it can be listened to whenever

edit: but im also saying that the music HAS a release date when it is available, and listening in advance is not really what she wants fans to do... unreleased music has no release date so thats why its different

xoxo, brice ♡

Panchecco
2 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Nope I couldn't care less about a wildly successful film studio losing a slight amount of profit (which is incredibly unlikely to happen anyway) :vegas:

QHr9NEX7L81CU.gif

Stephen

Because I want to experience the music for the first time with the film. And I want to hear the bonus songs in full HQ on the soundtrack not partial snippets or anything less than full quality. Bigger question why does it matter to you if people don't listen? :oprah:

GagaOhhLaLa

Listen to leaks or not you know how it made Gaga feel... If you're ok with doing  that to the people who worked on this soundtrack them good for you. 

Anderson123

I have listened to pretty much everything that has leaked ahead of time. Bad Romance and Alejandro demos, Dance In The Dark when they released it as promo single then removed it, Born This Way songs on Farmville and Gagavision, BTW album, ARTPOP, Joanne, etc. I do want to wait this time because I want to listen to the songs for the first time while watching the movie. I want everything to sound new to me and that’s about it. I’m not doing it for any other reason lol I listen to everything that hits the net by any artist and buy the ones I love. 

Head Empty
2 minutes ago, hausofbrice said:

in may, 42 fame outakes leaked, and the reason that i supported that was because the songs were from the fame era and probably never would've seen the light of day or been used for commercial purposes. it's been 10 years, let's be honest, she would never do a fame b-sides record 

listening to unreleased songs from years ago are very different from begging for leaks to a soundtrack that has a set release date, which is literally 3 days away and begging everywhere for HQ versions. You do you, but just know you're not enjoying the media the way that it was intended to be enjoyed. 

Fair point, but you're still indulging yourself in material that Gaga did not want you to hear. Not saying it was wrong to listen to those track, but the reasoning behind it is tricky.

And I'll go back to my examply of Brooklyn Nights being leaked during the ARTPOP era, when ARTPOP ACT 2 was still on the table. Nobody complained or got scared about ruining a possible upcoming release.

8 minutes ago, hausofbrice said:

also THIS... unreleased song leaks don't affect gaga commercially because GP doesn't know/care about them

As far as I know, the ASIB leaks are largely contained within the fanbase as well. Plenty of fans are having trouble even finding anything even while knowing it's out there, so I highly doubt the GP is rushing to download it. 

11 minutes ago, hausofbrice said:

leaking tracks from a huge project that involves multiple companies is insane.

I agree, but just because multiple companies are involved doesn't make it more "invasive" than leaking tracks that are "only" owned by one of the worlds biggest record companies.

13 minutes ago, hausofbrice said:

if you've seen the scene from five foot two regarding the joanne leaks than I have no idea how you can allow yourself to beg for/support leaks. She was destroyed, and that was because the leaks affected the commercial sales of Joanne as well... 300k listens to the leaks and 200k sales first week for the record... but she was also affected by the fact that fans couldn't wait for her to provide them new material and instead just grabbed it the second it came available... 

Well here's where the topic steers more towards a different side of the subject, being the impact of leaks overall. I personally believe that people who want don't want to pay for music will pirate it anyway, regardless of whether it gets posted a week in advance, or on the day of official release. But that's not the topic at hand. As for Gaga's response: it was completely warranted. I'm not trying to say that leaks aren't bad, but I'm interested to see why people act different with various types of leaks.

25 minutes ago, hausofbrice said:

ASIB soundtrack has a release date and you know exactly when the HQ version is on sale, but instead you choose to ruin her timeline just because you can't wait 3 more days... and now you're making others feel bad because you probably feel guilty... 

I genuinely don't feel guilty about listening to leaks because I know they helped me when I was feeling absolutely sh**, and I know that I'll support the official release just as much (if not more, now that I already have extra leverage to convice a friend of mine to see it, since I know he'll love it). My approach might not be an exact match to Gaga's vision, but it still reaches the same goals: having a fantastic experience with music and film, while still supporting the ones who deserve it.

And as I said I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for anything. I'm genuinly curious because I know it's a conflicting and complex subject with a lot of different opinions. So thanks for the elaborate response.

And at the same time I'm jealous of the people who manage to steer clear of the leaks. It's the same with Gaga's tours: I always end up spoiling myself with the videos on YouTube before I see the show in person :emma:. But I enjoy it either way :vegas:.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

Reality

The problem with what you're stating and future leaks is that all of those things happened in the past. If a demo of Just Dance got leaked, I doubt Gaga right now would care. That's the difference. That is all in the past and she's already released Just Dance, so it doesn't affect her. The ASIB soundtrack is something that has yet to be released. In that case, Gaga didn't release it with her approval, and in this case specifically, it isn't even totally Gaga's work. This is also Bradley's and all the other people who worked on this project with them.

I'm gonna be honest, in the past, if you told me something had leaked, I'd be the first one to go listen to it. However, after seeing how Gaga reacted to the Joanne leaks in 5F2, I began to think differently of it, especially because I was one of the people that listened to it.

Now please don't take this as a personal attack, but I feel like people who listen to the leaks and defend them (even going as far as to call out other people who don't listen to them) either A) don't really care about how Gaga feels or B) do care, but feel that their need to listen to the music is higher than Gaga's well being.

If you really cared about Gaga, and if you saw 5F2, I don't see a reason why you'd want to listen to them honestly. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Head Empty
35 minutes ago, Doncho said:

The difference is that ASIB soundtrack HAS a release date and is scheduled for release. Meanwhile, Brooklyn Nights was probably a left over from ARTPOP. And Act 2 was just something Gaga wanted to do, she never started working on it

So if a ton of LG6 demos leak right now, listening to it wouldn't be a problem because that album cycle isn't planned yet? Also, we didn't know back then if Brooklyn Nights was just a "leftover" - the debate about Gaga releasing a second act of ARTPOP kept going months after that leak.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

Archived