For people who oppose listening to ASIB leaks

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Head Empty
2 minutes ago, Andree said:

ANYWAY!!!

who's ready to see ASIB this weekend? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5069251

(seeing it tomorrow, really excited :vegas:)

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrea B
1 minute ago, hausofbrice said:

in my own opinion unreleased songs being leaked don't compare at all to studio tracks that have a set release date being leaked.

in may, 42 fame outakes leaked, and the reason that i supported that was because the songs were from the fame era and probably never would've seen the light of day or been used for commercial purposes. it's been 10 years, let's be honest, she would never do a fame b-sides record 

listening to unreleased songs from years ago are very different from begging for leaks to a soundtrack that has a set release date, which is literally 3 days away and begging everywhere for HQ versions. You do you, but just know you're not enjoying the media the way that it was intended to be enjoyed. 

also THIS... unreleased song leaks don't affect gaga commercially because GP doesn't know/care about them, but leaking tracks from a huge protect that involves multiple companies is insane.

one more point... if you've seen the scene from five foot two regarding the joanne leaks than I have no idea how you can allow yourself to beg for/support leaks. She was destroyed, and that was because the leaks affected the commercial sales of Joanne as well... 300k listens to the leaks and 200k sales first week for the record... but she was also affected by the fact that fans couldn't wait for her to provide them new material and instead just grabbed it the second it came available... 

ASIB soundtrack has a release date and you know exactly when the HQ version is on sale, but instead you choose to ruin her timeline just because you can't wait 3 more days... and now you're making others feel bad because you probably feel guilty... 

this tea

Panchecco

I haven't listened to the leaks because I want to experience them with the movie as one and there's nothing wrong with that

also, whenever something from Gaga leaks it's usually from 2007/2008 and very rarely from 2013ish so it's not like we're hearing brand new material from a project that has yet to be released :shrug:

If you want to listen to leaks do it, and if someone else doesn't want to, whatever their reasoning might be, let them. What we "who oppose asib leaks" ask is just simply to not spread the links around...

Saint Laurent
4 minutes ago, hausofbrice said:

in my own opinion unreleased songs being leaked don't compare at all to studio tracks that have a set release date being leaked.

in may, 42 fame outakes leaked, and the reason that i supported that was because the songs were from the fame era and probably never would've seen the light of day or been used for commercial purposes. it's been 10 years, let's be honest, she would never do a fame b-sides record 

listening to unreleased songs from years ago are very different from begging for leaks to a soundtrack that has a set release date, which is literally 3 days away and begging everywhere for HQ versions. You do you, but just know you're not enjoying the media the way that it was intended to be enjoyed. 

also THIS... unreleased song leaks don't affect gaga commercially because GP doesn't know/care about them, but leaking tracks from a huge protect that involves multiple companies is insane.

one more point... if you've seen the scene from five foot two regarding the joanne leaks than I have no idea how you can allow yourself to beg for/support leaks. She was destroyed, and that was because the leaks affected the commercial sales of Joanne as well... 300k listens to the leaks and 200k sales first week for the record... but she was also affected by the fact that fans couldn't wait for her to provide them new material and instead just grabbed it the second it came available... 

ASIB soundtrack has a release date and you know exactly when the HQ version is on sale, but instead you choose to ruin her timeline just because you can't wait 3 more days... and now you're making others feel bad because you probably feel guilty... 

By your logic, there would be no soundtrack at all. 

The soundtrack is NOT the same as the music in the film and is intended to be enjoyed for exactly what it is: music.

Not to mention that really only the pop songs leaked, which aren't as integral to the story as you're making out.

Quite frankly I don't care how somebody else wants me to experience art. I have a personal relationship with all of the art that I choose to digest and will also choose how and when I experience it for myself.

Doncho
10 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Brooklyn Nights leaked in 2014 right around Gaga's "Spring awakening". ARTPOP ACT 2 was still on the table for a lot of fans. Wasn't that the same thing? Sure, it didn't involve a movie studio, but didn't that also go against the experience Gaga envisioned for us?

The difference is that ASIB soundtrack HAS a release date and is scheduled for release. Meanwhile, Brooklyn Nights was probably a left over from ARTPOP. And Act 2 was just something Gaga wanted to do, she never started working on it

Saint Laurent
3 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

I haven't listened to the leaks because I want to experience them with the movie as one and there's nothing wrong with that

also, whenever something from Gaga leaks it's usually from 2007/2008 and very rarely from 2013ish so it's not like we're hearing brand new material from a project that has yet to be released :shrug:

If you want to listen to leaks do it, and if someone else doesn't want to, whatever their reasoning might be, let them. What we "who oppose asib leaks" ask is just simply to not spread the links around...

But, just don't click the link sis.

There's nothing wrong with deciding that you want to experience the music that way, but why do you have to act holier than thou? You do you and let others do them.

Saint Laurent
2 minutes ago, Doncho said:

The difference is that ASIB soundtrack HAS a release date and is scheduled for release. Meanwhile, Brooklyn Nights was probably a left over from ARTPOP. And Act 2 was just something Gaga wanted to do, she never started working on it

That's not technically true; the album was curated. It's just that she decided against pursuing its mastering and release.

River

I think their purpose is different, they want to first listen to the songs in the movie and experience them for the first time with the movie.

It's totally different than just another unreleased song or a demo..

There is a certain experience and they want to get 100% of it..

So I don't see it as hypocrisy at all..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Doncho
1 minute ago, Saint Laurent said:

That's not technically true; the album was curated. It's just that she decided against pursuing its mastering and release.

No way. She said she had like 80 songs or something, but we know how Gaga is. She scraps everything and starts over :selena:

Anyway, go buy and stream the soundtrack on Friday. Leaked or not, lets make it #1 :vegas:

Saint Laurent
Just now, Doncho said:

No way. She said she had like 80 songs or something, but we know how Gaga is. She scraps everything and starts over :selena:

Anyway, go buy and stream the soundtrack on Friday. Leaked or not, lets make it #1 :vegas:

She said something along the lines of 'I do have a second part, an Act II, of ARTPOP, yes'. 

It was planned and not pursued.

Panchecco

But, just don't click the link sis.

There's nothing wrong with deciding that you want to experience the music that way, but why do you have to act holier than thou? You do you and let others do them.

If you want to be disrespectful towards Gaga, Bradley and every single person who worked for this movie by spreading leaks so that random people will be able to download them for free and probably never listen to the official tracks when they're released, go for it

But just like you will be able to do that, my holier-than-thou ass will be able to report your account 

Doncho

She said something along the lines of 'I do have a second part, an Act II, of ARTPOP, yes'. 

It was planned and not pursued.

She also promised the video for DWUW was coming, and said she had another version of the Born this Way video :triggered:

Angel Down

The most paradoxical part is their claim that the leaks will damage the sales. Well, once the soundtrack is released, it will ineluctably leak in full and HQ, so whoever wants to listen to it without paying will be free to do so nonetheless. Secondly, the leaks usually reach only members of the fandom which one way or another are going to support Gaga anyway. The GP isn't aware of the leaks unless we're talking about artists with great popularity like Adele/Ed Sheeran for whom a hundred articles would be posted. Plus, not everyone uses Twitter :triggered:

Archived