Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

"LM's Conspiracy to take down Venom"

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

giskardsb

This kind of activity is just stupid. There is enough bad energy in the world without attacking other art for no reason.   

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jennie Kim

Monsters are reacting the same way Madonna stans act with Gaga, embarrassing.

Meredith Grey
32 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

I’m usually pretty critical of monsters doing dumb things but I’m getting MAJOR vibes that the studio is desperately seeking better press from their crappy movie and they’re trying to spin the narrative that the negative reviews are actually from “MONSTERS” to get better numbers. 

I mean, TWITTER? Why the hell would buzzfeed post this? They’re not even verified accounts. It’s stupid. 

This. I’m confused as to How this woman just happened to find out about this? I’m on a Lady Gaga fan forum and didn’t even know this was happening until clicking the article.

as others said, @Haroon you should lock the thread and let the controversy die. Gaga has worked too hard on this movie for her efforts to be hurt days before release by something like this. Promote online kindness, y’all.

FlopSlurper
2 minutes ago, Meredith Grey said:

This. I’m confused as to How this woman just happened to find out about this? I’m on a Lady Gaga fan forum and didn’t even know this was happening until clicking the article.

as others said, @Haroon you should lock the thread and let the controversy die. Gaga has worked too hard on this movie for her efforts to be hurt days before release by something like this. Promote online kindness, y’all.

I think she's a stan of that movie or something, since when I looked up venom on twitter it was venom stan accounts reporting about this

38 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

I’m usually pretty critical of monsters doing dumb things but I’m getting MAJOR vibes that the studio is desperately seeking better press from their crappy movie and they’re trying to spin the narrative that the negative reviews are actually from “MONSTERS” to get better numbers. 

I mean, TWITTER? Why the hell would buzzfeed post this? They’re not even verified accounts. It’s stupid. 

Because it literally IS happening, even in the replies to GagaDaily's tweet to remind people not to do this.

Sony isn't behind this but, as a consequence, I won't be shocked if Sony picks this up and runs with it in an attempt to discredit legitimate reviewers as 'Gag Gag fans!!!!'. It's why it's so stupid for these fans to do this in the first place, to even give Sony and Marvel fans the opportunity to spin that narrative at all.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

somnambulist
3 minutes ago, gag said:

Because it literally IS happening, even in the replies to GagaDaily's tweet to remind people not to do this.

Sony isn't behind this but, as a consequence, I won't be shocked if Sony picks this up and runs with it in an attempt to discredit legitimate reviewers as 'Gag Gag fans!!!!'. It's why it's so stupid for these fans to do this in the first place, to even give Sony and Marvel fans the opportunity to spin that narrative at all.

No I know twitter monsters are doing it, but 

a) It’s twitter. From Unverified accounts. Literally who cares? Have these people never used twitter before? Fake news is EVERYWHERE.

b) Venom IS getting bad reviews so how the hell is it a smear campaign anyway when they won’t even let the review embargo up because even the studio knows it’s trash.

c) the people who worked on the movies are not involved so it’s bad press for people not even responsible.

its crappy “journalism” and I emailed her politely to take it down. It’s unprofessional.

Just now, somnambulist said:

No I know twitter monsters are doing it, but 

a) It’s twitter. From Unverified accounts. Literally who cares? Have these people never used twitter before? Fake news is EVERYWHERE.

b) Venom IS getting bad reviews so how the hell is it a smear campaign anyway when they won’t even let the review embargo up because even the studio knows it’s trash.

c) the people who worked on the movies are not involved so it’s bad press for people not even responsible.

its crappy “journalism” and I emailed her politely to take it down. It’s unprofessional.

a) Because it's entertaining journalism. It's funny to the public that rabid fans are trolling a movie. She even contacted two of the Gaga stans to get their stance on this, so it's not like she's fabricating the idea of a 'conspiracy' at all.

b) I agree. I never said anything about a smear campaign though? I'm saying that Sony can use this instance to discredit actual reviews, painting them out to be Gaga fans.

c) I agree. However, I think this contradicts your point about 'journalism'. Should articles give the movies ONLY good press then? Of course not... right? This is no different... she's reporting on things are actually happening, whether it reflects positively or negatively on the movie.

I don't think it's unprofessional at all. Much like when Buzzfeed was among the first to break the 'soccer moms' story, they're doing their jobs to report funny things that happen on Twitter.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Chickens in Malibu
27 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

Can we close this thread? @Haroon no point in giving this attention 

I don't think people are "giving this attention" but rather trying to sensitize the fanbase that this kind of stuff hurts gaga and doesn't help her. 

Levine

I saw a lot of monsters rting bad reviews on Venom, like why the hell do you care? 

Embarrassing and childish as usual. And they wonder why Gaga stopped paying attention to us.

Vergil

People here believing buzzfeed and blaming lms for something that never happened.

Y'all messy.

Emigrante

Oh God, no... Can we have both? D:

I come to conclusion that most of these people posting negativity are mentally ill. But good anyway, cause it means there will be more work for me as a psychologist. 😏

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

MonsterJay

Pfft the only conspiracy is the Madonna Fans attacking the rating on IMDB :P

I actually wanna see Venom! :D

TheSlash
2 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Midwestern Moms

:laughga: 

It's "Soccer moms", BuzzHennies :lana: .

OT: Why should we do the work of critics? The critics are already bashing it :lolly:  :trollga: 

Ew, David!

Archived