💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Irish Times ASIB Interview with Bradley

jezze0410

Featured Posts

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/a-star-is-born-bradley-cooper-isn-t-really-into-talking-to-me-1.3644754

The Irish times just published a fascinating interview with Bradley which sheds some light on his, and I suspect Gaga's, attitude towards ASIB's press junket. It's certainly food for thought for those who complain about hearing about the make-up wipe/pasta/"Bradley is an incredible director/singer/rockstar"/"Ally and I are different" anecdotes for the umpteenth time.

Some quotes:

Spoiler

So, yes, Cooper is very excited to finally reveal this labour of love, this Everest of accomplishment. The things he’s not so excited about – the things that maybe if he had his way he wouldn’t do – involve the ways a person is expected and obliged to share it. Meaning, he’s not really excited to sit down and explain the thing.

Spoiler

...he is willing to share the same set of facts about its making that he has shared with many, many, many other reporters, but he is not willing to go much further. He doesn’t like my questions about the particular inspiration for certain details in the movie. He doesn’t like questions about his personal life and how it might relate to the big, sexy music movie I’ve just seen.

People want to know, I tell him. People want a deeper sense of where the movie came from. He wanted to show a piece of himself in the movie. This is an extension of that, I tell him. “It’s different,” he says. “This is because you’re creating content.” “But it’s your story,” I tell him. “But you’re doing it,” he says. “I’m going to write your story,” I say. “I won’t have any control, and it really isn’t a collaboration.” Sure it is. That’s why I’m asking questions. “You have all the say,” he says. “It’s not like you’re going to show it to me and say, ‘Let’s work on this section.’ You know what I mean?”

Spoiler

These are the questions that annoy him. Do I really want to know about his love life? Do I really want to know what specific thing he was thinking in that scene? Do I really want to know about his sobriety, and the events that led to it? Uh, yes, I say. I suggest that people like to know the artists behind the art. He thinks that’s silly. “Any time you do anything, you have to find personal things of yourself, but no, I mean, I felt like I was him. I wasn’t, like, going, like, back to a moment of my life in that scene.”

Spoiler

He sees I am dismayed, and again, I seem nice, so he tries to explain it. “It’s wonderful that people want to ask me questions. I just find that, no matter how much time we spend together, it’s only by spending time and doing something with somebody that you start to get to see how they work and how they interact with other people and who they are, you know? You couldn’t get to know me in this scenario, just as much as I don’t know who you are.

It's really confusing when actors complain that all the questions are superficial but then also complain when they're too deep lol

culturalbaptism

Art can stand by itself but it gets to a whole new level when the artist explain the intentions behind the work. :rip:

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

culturalbaptism
7 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

uh oh, the art police are here

Enjoy the "I'm my father's daughter, my sister's sister" and "Brad and I ate leftovers when we met" being repeated 100 times in interviews then. :oops:

ryanripley
14 minutes ago, Successga said:

Enjoy the "I'm my father's daughter, my sister's sister" and "Brad and I ate leftovers when we met" being repeated 100 times in interviews then. :oops:

i am :) maybe you should try it to since you're too busy wasting time bashing Shallow

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

culturalbaptism
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

i am :) maybe you should try it to since you're too busy wasting time bashing Shallow

You're contented with too little. Maybe you should revalue some of Gaga's choices. And I don't hate Shallow. I hate how the song is being handled.

ryanripley
Just now, Successga said:

You're contented with too little. Maybe you should revalue some of Gaga's choices. And I don't hate Shallow. I hate how the song is being handled.

maybe you should learn to relax and enjoy her whilst you can

i'm perfectly happy with gaga's choices because i don't need to obsessively micromanage her from behind a screen

try it some time

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

culturalbaptism
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

maybe you should learn to relax and enjoy her whilst you can

i'm perfectly happy with gaga's choices because i don't need to obsessively micromanage her from behind a screen

try it some time

It's just easier to accept everything without thinking. And it doesn't work for me. But I'm not being obsessed about little things. I come in here from time to time. I'm not following the whole A Star Is Born promo. And please, leave me alone. Stop dropping little jokes towards me (without even quoting me) just because I don't fit your standards.

I remain with my point: artist should talk deeply about their work.

Archived