đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Robyn - 'Honey'

retroglamx

Featured Posts

Just now, JBNYY224 said:

This had the potential to be her best song but I think she tinkered with it too much. Most disappointing is the pre-chorus “And the waves come in and they're golden
But down in the deep, the honey is sweeter”

this sounded so good in Girls and now just sounds lost in the shuffle. 

I felt like this was going to hit so much harder bass wise too. After hearing the clip back in May from when she DJ’d in Brooklyn I was super excited but the finished product isn’t doing it for me. Sorry.

I do agree that the Girls version was better than what we got today. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

Honey, Shallow, I Want Your Love, Dancing Queen. Jesus take the wheel. :air:

Second half of 2018 giving the gays everything we want

1 minute ago, SEXODUS said:

I do agree that the Girls version was better than what we got today. 

This was my fear all along.  I am sorry i was right. I did not want to be.  That dramatic slow down in the girls version right before she sang "and the waves..." and the beat hammers down.  I dont know why that was changed.  I really cant understand it.   

guyzplzstaph

I feel like i'm listening to some remix made by a dj... Why Robyn, the Girls version was really something. Hope it leaks in full someday

Just now, JBNYY224 said:

This was my fear all along.  I am sorry i was right. I did not want to be.  That dramatic slow down in the girls version right before she sang "and the waves..." and the beat hammers down.  I dont know why that was changed.  I really cant understand it.   

I guess that’s the risk perfectionists take when they work too much on a track. It didn’t help at all that we got to follow its evolution in the last past year. This version feels like it gets flat after the first and a half minute, but still it’s better than nothing at all.

4 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

I guess that’s the risk perfectionists take when they work too much on a track. It didn’t help at all that we got to follow its evolution in the last past year. This version feels like it gets flat after the first and a half minute, but still it’s better than nothing at all.

Flat is a good word. I was trying to think of one.

darkchylde

imo i think this is much more of a risk taker than the girls version. it was more pop and she made it house, she stretched it and made it deeper, which makes sense after Love is Free and Do it Again. not gonna lie, i also wanted a bop, but this is like an acid trip or something like that.

i really like it and knowing robyn she may release a remix ep of this so i think everyone'll be happy eventually.

edit: i also feel like this version reflects more what she was talking about in the (nyt?) interview, the song's about denying us a chorus, not our typical pop song, etc. i love it tbh.

retroglamx
1 hour ago, Saint Jude said:

imo i think this is much more of a risk taker than the girls version. it was more pop and she made it house, she stretched it and made it deeper, which makes sense after Love is Free and Do it Again. not gonna lie, i also wanted a bop, but this is like an acid trip or something like that.

i really like it and knowing robyn she may release a remix ep of this so i think everyone'll be happy eventually.

edit: i also feel like this version reflects more what she was talking about in the (nyt?) interview, the song's about denying us a chorus, not our typical pop song, etc. i love it tbh.

Finally someone who's been paying attention to what Robyn's been trying to say this whole time.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

• Admin changed the title to Robyn - 'Honey'

Archived