new music

Robyn - 'Honey'

retroglamx

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, retroglamx said:

The bold part makes me curious, as she played a slightly different version from the Girls episode during that party in NY. I'm not so sure about the timing of this interview but it kind of makes me think the song will be a little different again from the last time we heard it in full

I listened to the Girls episode snippet so much that it’s gonna be a struggle to adjust to the redifined one. 

why can’t we have both.gif

54 minutes ago, THEORACLE64 said:

It's this version - it's glorious, it's her best song. the end. the album is good too, but it's a grower.

Where did you listen to the album? :oprah:

25 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

I listened to the Girls episode snippet so much that it’s gonna be a struggle to adjust to the redifined one. 

why can’t we have both.gif

I have the demo for this and honestly there's no real comparing. there's bits in both that i like and bits that i miss in both compared to the other version as well. i hope she officially just puts out the 4 versions that there are. 

guyzplzstaph

I'm actually sad that the live version heard not long ago is the album one. It misses those irregular background rythm from demo and girls cameo versions. Hope it will still be good, but i really wish she could release full demos/previous versions one day 

35 minutes ago, THEORACLE64 said:

I have the demo for this and honestly there's no real comparing. there's bits in both that i like and bits that i miss in both compared to the other version as well. i hope she officially just puts out the 4 versions that there are. 

I assume you can’t send that demo to anybody, right? 

6 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

This week will be the end of me, I Want Your Love, Shallow and now Honey

giphy.gif

what did I miss???

This had the potential to be her best song but I think she tinkered with it too much. Most disappointing is the pre-chorus “And the waves come in and they're golden
But down in the deep, the honey is sweeter”

this sounded so good in Girls and now just sounds lost in the shuffle. 

I felt like this was going to hit so much harder bass wise too. After hearing the clip back in May from when she DJ’d in Brooklyn I was super excited but the finished product isn’t doing it for me. Sorry.

• Admin changed the title to Robyn - 'Honey'

Archived