other

#NationalOneHitWonderDay

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, gag said:

Carly, Hozier etc. are one-hit wonders despite having multiple (smaller) hits and a core fanbase

10 hours ago, Super said:

congratulations, carly rae jepsen!

Good Times was a hit song, it peaked at #8 and is certified 2x Plat in the US.

2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

leona lewis deserved better, her voice was/is so fking powerful :selena:

Hide contents

my other fav songs from her:

I will never understand why they didn't make Forgive Me a single in the US. It was a BOP

12 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

IDK about US but this was HUGE in Europe in 2009-10

I was living in Paris when this became huge and then I moved to the US in summer 2010 and months later it became (kinda) big in the US and I was like :confused:

Chickens in Malibu
13 hours ago, TheAlpha said:

Colby O’Donis:cryga:

Y'all are laughing but he probably earned millions $$$ from that small feature. Just Dance sold over 10M copies I think?  He'll probably be rich for the rest of his life lol...

4 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

The Cranberries is far to be one hit wonder. They had Linger which was considered a teen anthem way back their times. It also has been featured as a soundtrack to a lot of movies.

Dreams, Ode to the Family and Just My Imagination are all hits as well. 

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

8 hours ago, ZephyrInTheSky said:

I hear shes wandering the streets of London asking for change now...her label dropped her cause she didnt sell enough and was plus sized. :ohno:

So, she's rolling in the deep and dark streets of London? :eww: Aww....

5 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

OASIS A ONE HIT WONDER??! Clearly American 😂  

“Oasis have had eight UK number-one singles and eight UK number-one albums. They have won seventeen NME Awards, nine Q Awards, four MTV Europe Music Awards and six Brit Awards, including one in 2007 for Outstanding Contribution to Music and one for the Best Album of the Last 30 Years–for (What's the Story) Morning Glory?–as voted by BBC Radio 2 listeners; (What's the Story) Morning Glory? is also the fifth best-selling album in UK chart history, and was the UK's biggest-selling album of the 1990s. They have been nominated for three Grammy Awards. As of 2009, Oasis have sold over 75 million records worldwide.[6] The band were listed in the Guinness World Recordsbook in 2010 for "Longest Top 10 UK Chart Run by a Group" after an unprecedented run of 22 top 10 hits in the UK. The band also holds the Guinness World Record for the most successful act in the UK between the years 1995 and 2005, spending 765 weeks in the top 75 singles and albums charts.”

AlejandroooO
7 hours ago, Teal Ambition said:

How could I forget the iconic Twilight song :giveup: 

Her debut album peaked at #4

This song peaked at #31 and is ×6 Platinum while the debut single from the album peaked at #17 and is ×5 Platinum. 

Her second and latest album peaked ar #4 too and Human the lead single peaked at #31 and is ×2 Platinum. She also had two successful tours for both eras. How is she a one hit wonder. 

Thomas P

I will personally sue any person who puts Lorde on this list

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Teal Ambition
2 hours ago, AlejandroooO said:

Her debut album peaked at #4

This song peaked at #31 and is ×6 Platinum while the debut single from the album peaked at #17 and is ×5 Platinum. 

Her second and latest album peaked ar #4 too and Human the lead single peaked at #31 and is ×2 Platinum. She also had two successful tours for both eras. How is she a one hit wonder. 

Didnt know that :excuseu: 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Archived