💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion - 'A Star Is Born' Out Now

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s A Star Is Born soundtrack is aiming for No. 1 on next week’s Billboard 200 albums chart. The set, which was released on Oct. 5 via Interscope Records, could launch with perhaps 200,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Oct. 11, according to industry forecasters.

If A Star Is Born opens atop the tally, it would mark the third soundtrack to top the list in 2018, following Black Panther: The Album and The Greatest Showman. Further, it would garner Lady Gaga her fifth No. 1 and Cooper his first.

On course for a No. 2 entry on next week’s Billboard 200 is Twenty One Pilots’ Trench, which may launch with around 170,000 units. The new studio effort is the act’s follow-up to the blockbuster Blurryface, which bowed at No. 1 on the June 6, 2015-dated list and has yet to depart the chart (after 177 consecutive weeks). The album has earned 3.74 million equivalent album units, of which 1.7 million are in traditional album sales.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8479142/a-star-is-born-soundtrack-number-1-debut-billboard-200?utm_source=twitter

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrelevant
4 hours ago, mistylake said:

Indeed

They are able to produce some quality songs like "Heathens", but why "Jumpsuit"?? 

Imagine calling heathens quality :lmao: Every song on Trench except Nico is better

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s A Star Is Born soundtrack is aiming for No. 1 on next week’s Billboard 200 albums chart. The set, which was released on Oct. 5 via Interscope Records, could launch with perhaps 200,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Oct. 11, according to industry forecasters.

If A Star Is Born opens atop the tally, it would mark the third soundtrack to top the list in 2018, following Black Panther: The Album and The Greatest Showman. Further, it would garner Lady Gaga her fifth No. 1 and Cooper his first.

On course for a No. 2 entry on next week’s Billboard 200 is Twenty One Pilots’ Trench, which may launch with around 170,000 units. The new studio effort is the act’s follow-up to the blockbuster Blurryface, which bowed at No. 1 on the June 6, 2015-dated list and has yet to depart the chart (after 177 consecutive weeks). The album has earned 3.74 million equivalent album units, of which 1.7 million are in traditional album sales.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8479142/a-star-is-born-soundtrack-number-1-debut-billboard-200?utm_source=twitter

heyyy you're back Vivien :hug:

Bloody
4 minutes ago, Naufri said:

#16 globally!!! has outpeaked The Cure yet?

by far

Shallow

US #16

CAN #17

UK #11

WW #16

The Cure

US #36

CAN #26

UK #26

WW #30

I dont remmember soundtracks with multiple hits. Usually just one song gets the acclaim. That may be the only dissapoiment of the era. 

5 minutes ago, Vegas said:

I think this could work, releasing INLA as second single during the Oscars, ARUTW afterwards and then ITA.

Yea that’s perfect tbh

thehanyo
1 minute ago, Florin said:

I dont remmember soundtracks with multiple hits. Usually just one song gets the acclaim. That may be the only dissapoiment of the era. 

That's my thinking, too. Shallow will be the one big breakout hit, and the others will be very memorable and known for a while. Curious if anyone can think of a movie soundtrack that had multiple charting hits?

Andrea B

first single Shallow

second single I'll Never Love Again

thrid single Is that alright? or Always remember Us This Way

these 3 songs are performing so well on streaming and on iTunes, it just proves that they're the right choices for singles.

maybe they could also release a pop song as a buzz single? maybe heal me or body face hair? that will guarantee more streams for the album

YourCureness
3 minutes ago, Florin said:

The Bodyguard. 

2 hours ago, Wigless said:

Apple Music Canada:

#8 - Shallow (-1) :triggered:

2 hours ago, Wigless said:

Apple Music Canada: 

#7 - Shallow (+1) :huntyga: 

:staymad:

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Just now, Andree said:

first single Shallow

second single I'll Never Love Again

thrid single Is that alright? or Always remember Us This Way

these 3 songs are performing so well on streaming and on iTunes, it just proves that they're the right choices for singles.

maybe they could also release a pop song as a buzz single? maybe heal me or body face hair? that will guarantee more streams for the album

I think they should skip the pop songs completely, especially with LG6 coming up. 

Andrea B
Just now, thehanyo said:

That's my thinking, too. Shallow will be the one big breakout hit, and the others will be very memorable and known for a while. Curious if anyone can think of a movie soundtrack that had multiple charting hits?

the bodyguard

#1 I Will Always Love You 

#4 I Have Nothing

#4 I'm Every Woman

The 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack spawned 2 #3 hits, LMLYD and Earned It

Hopefully we can match/surpass w Shallow and INLA :vegas:

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic

Archived