Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion - 'A Star Is Born' Out Now

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. (Warner Media) release is reportedly budgeted at around $36 million, which means either director Bradley Cooper knew how to stretch a dollar or he used the patented Clint Eastwood “one take and out” style of filmmaking (and that's a compliment). This is Bradley Cooper’s directorial debut, and he also co-stars. With rave reviews, an Academy-friendly “showbiz is neat except when it’s not” plot and the potential to be a huge audience hit, I wouldn’t bet against this one over the month of October. With the same release date as Gravity, Gone Girl and The Martian, this one is aiming to be the movie of choice.

The closest comparison is Oct. 3, 2014, when WB’s Annabelle squared off against Fox’s Gone Girl. Annabelle was expected to win the weekend and earned a $37.1 million debut. But Gone Girl overperformed thanks to white-hot buzz and rave reviews and topped with $37.5m. Annabelle flamed out pretty quickly and ended up with $84m domestic (and $256m worldwide on a $7m budget) but Gone Girl stuck around and earned $166m domestic and $366m worldwide on a $60m budget. Even if Venom gets that over/under $65m weekend while A Star Is Born “only” opens with $25m, we can expect longer legs for the musical romance than for the fan-driven comic book superhero flick.

Now, between you and me, I wouldn’t be shocked if Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga’s A Star Is Born opens a bit higher than projected in two weeks. We should note that Gravity was pegged at $40 million but opened with $55m, while even Gone Girl was pegged at around $23m but opened 63% higher than that. So don’t be too shocked if A Star Is Born (the sexiest chapter in the Conjuring Universe) opens closer to The Conjuring than Lights Out. Now Venom and A Star Is Born aren’t necessarily competing in the same demo, so there is room for both of them to end up far from the shallow (now).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/09/25/a-star-is-born-review-bradley-cooper-and-lady-gaga-are-caught-in-a-bad-romance/#2d2e3f2a1e6d

1 hour ago, mister max said:

:ladyhaha:

I COULDN'T STOP THE VIDEO AND MY EARS HURT:wtfga:

I'm probably wrong

5 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

@Arturo  is this the way we non american monsters can help? i saw it on twitter.

Dn86ypKXUAEeKyb.jpg

I wouldnt know ive never used a VPN but it wouldnt hurt to try. Worst case is that the streams wouldnt count which they wouldnt have in the first place so we’re not losing anything

1 minute ago, gagarihanna said:

Lil Wayne will be at Jimmy Fallon on Oct 2

maybe his album is coming this friday 

Interesting

Monsterious
2 minutes ago, gagarihanna said:

Lil Wayne will be at Jimmy Fallon on Oct 2

maybe his album is coming this friday 

even his 2nd week will be huge

lord jesus 

Stargazer
Just now, Arturo said: