💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Lana Hurt Gaga's Career?

TheodoreRx

Featured Posts

Nope. Lana did not make any dents on Gaga's career. Katy Perry did.

Let's be real, there were lots of the LGBT folks who walks away when she releases Born This Way.  Because it is too blatant and too brave for them. And the same song also shunned many of her straight fans who disagreed with her idea of equality. And then there are some other who just not into genres offered in the BTW Album. They wanted sugary and infectious dance tunes like they heard on The Fame and The Fame Monster, not experimental 80s sounds. 

But she was still alright then, the fans who stays still helped her to get to #1, but she was in the most courageous phase back then, so she playing with religious imagery for Judas, which is not very good idea and that was the nail on the coffin. Lots of people got put off by that and abandon ships.

Many of these people abandon ship and went to Katy instead. Her second album gave them what they want. And those who are not into Katy, went to Adele instead.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Nope. Lana did not make any dents on Gaga's career. Katy Perry did.

Let's be real, there were lots of the LGBT folks who walks away when she releases Born This Way.  Because it is too blatant and too brave for them. And the same song also shunned many of her straight fans who disagreed with her idea of equality. And then there are some other who just not into genres offered in the BTW Album. They wanted sugary and infectious dance tunes like they heard on The Fame and The Fame Monster, not experimental 80s sounds. 

But she was still alright then, the fans who stays still helped her to get to #1, but she was in the most courageous phase back then, so she playing with religious imagery for Judas, which is not very good idea and that was the nail on the coffin. Lots of people got put off by that and abandon ships.

Many of these people abandon ship and went to Katy instead. Her second album gave them what they want. And those who are not into Katy, went to Adele instead.

I agree but with Adele it wasnt so much fans as it was the GPs perception of Gaga. She was the anti Gaga at the time. I just remember the music industry having this really weird vibe towards Gaga in late 2011 and early 2012 that wasnt like straight up dislike but it was almost like no one could compliment her without bringing up how Adele was still so much better. Its very hard to explain and if someone else gets what I’m saying I’d like to hear your thoughts. 

TheodoreRx
6 minutes ago, Arturo said:

I agree but with Adele it wasnt so much fans as it was the GPs perception of Gaga. She was the anti Gaga at the time. I just remember the music industry having this really weird vibe towards Gaga in late 2011 and early 2012 that wasnt like straight up dislike but it was almost like no one could compliment her without bringing up how Adele was still so much better. Its very hard to explain and if someone else gets what I’m saying I’d like to hear your thoughts. 

OMG yes I remember this clearly. Adele was the anti-Gaga, and the only woman in the music industry who doesn't need "gimmicks". :madge: 

Mulholland
2 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Y'all trashing LDR as if she isn't the greatest songwriter of our generation 

I like Lana fine, but L-O-L. She has ONE songwriting mode. It's a decent mode, but let's not act like there aren't people who can write circles around her.

Anyway, no I don't think Lana damaged Gaga's career at all. Lana is a pop star who functions mostly in an internet context (the Tumblr aesthetic, the sort of vaguely-emo quotable lyrics, the faux-alternativeness of it all) which makes her influence seem bigger than it is in reality when you're talking about her on the internet.

Tom Nook

Lana barely did anything to Gaga’s career :poot: I mean sure some people jumped on the Born To Die era but those faux stans are probably the same ones that think anything post Paradise is a snooze fest :lana:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Reject False Icons

So, Adele and Katy stole Gaga's fans...

For me it's still a mistery since in BTW she still had a lot of the unique & excluded teens but she lost lots of fans when the era was ending. 

Does someone know what happened?

Mulholland
1 minute ago, PequenoMonstruo said:

So, Adele and Katy stole Gaga's fans...

Witness album sales and tour boxscores refute that take, at least as it pertains to Katy.

As for Adele, she certainly didn't steal Gaga's fans. She is operating in a completely different mode.

ryanripley
22 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Y'all trashing LDR as if she isn't the greatest songwriter of our generation 

but she's not lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

SpookyKid

No, most of their fanbase is shared, she didn't steal anything

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

No. Lana and Marina offered similar aesthetics to Gaga when Gaga wasn't releasing music. Those fans became fans of other artists, returning to Gaga.

Lana has more of a hardcore fanbase. She has a much smaller casual fanbase compared to Gaga.

ItsTommyBitch

No, lol.

私è‡Șèș«ă‚‚こた䞖た䞭もèȘ°ă‚‚ă‹ă‚Œă‚‚ăŒ, どんăȘă«èŻă‚„ă‹ăȘäșș生でも, どんăȘにæ‚Č惚ăȘäșș生でも, い぀かは怉èȌし, ç ŽćŁŠă•ă‚Œă€æ¶ˆæ»…ă—ăŠă—ăŸă†. すăčăŠăŒă‚‚ăšă‚‚ăšă“ăźäž–ă«ć­˜ćœšă—ăȘい侀瞬ぼćč»æƒłăȘぼだから

No, she didn't, Katy didn't. It's always the media and the fanbases the ones who keep putting these talented celebrities in something like a competition between each other, they're the ones who hurt Gaga's (or anybody else's) career. 

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Archived