Is Latin pop officially OVER?

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mess at my post being more a music essay than a post:sharon:

1 hour ago, Bambino said:

Latin pop is a part of Latin music tho. Now radios are probably overplaying reggaeton songs :usrs:

THIS:saladga: People don't realize that there's more latin music than reggaeton. Also I answer some of the things you asked in my essay:poot:

1 hour ago, TheSlash said:

I hope so. I don't like Latin music, tbh :lolly:. And then the radio stations here overplayed it af :neyde: . I hope something more like Industrial-Pop becomes "the thing" now :pray:. I can only hope :huntyga:

What!? What have you listened so far? I'm doing some santería to change that ASAP

giphy.gif

TheSlash
5 hours ago, Rafr88 said:

What!? What have you listened so far? I'm doing some santería to change that ASAP

giphy.gif

I'm sorry, but I don't like it at all. I mean, if it's a pop song sung in Spanish or whatever (I'm not an expert, so please forgive me :awkney: ), I may get used to it. Other than that I prefer more hammering sounds such as said Industrial-Pop :lana:.

And I'm protected against santerías :pray: (is that the right plural form? :poot: )

Ew, David!

ryanripley
12 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

Haha. CACKLING. Sorry but despacito WAS NOT and IS NOT as big as people think.It'srap track. I didn't hear it anywhere, nor did I see it mentioned anywhere except on here.

And reggaeton/tropical is so 5 years ago. 

all because you missed it, doesn't mean it never happened :rip: the...- i'm gunna hold my tongue on this one lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

RadioIsOurs

We as a society have moved on. Now it's obviously all about that 'you're such a ****ing hoe I love it' trap rap... :vegas:

13 hours ago, ronaldyp said:

Everyone has moved to reggaeton/tropical latin music now. Look at how Becky G flopped in the US yet found so much success in Reggaeton music. 

Even Reik is doing Reggaeton :rip: 

This is Despacito's impact tbh.

Omg I didnt know Reik was doing reggaton now 😩 I like them so i may forgive it if its good.

bloody g
13 hours ago, Unbeweavable said:

.. how? 

It's pop

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Lol what

Reggaeton and latino pop have almost the same sound. If some latino song doesn't have electronic vibes - it doesn't mean it's not a pop song. 

Latino Pop will always be alive, maybe not in the world but in spanish-speaking countries at least. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

DelusionalGaga

What's exactly the difference between Reggaeton and latin pop? I would have put Despacito and Échame la culpa both in the latin pop category... :huh:

beaublue
18 hours ago, huttont said:

Despacito deserves to be recognized as a great song bc it was absolutely huge. I don’t understand the hate. 

People can dislike it & spread fake news like Trump all they want but the FACTS are that it was a huge success lmao

5 hours ago, Matangi said:

can we ****ing stop "is (a whole racialized community pop music) over???" omg

The OP actually just trying to promoting her fave, Paulina Rubio with this thread tbh :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

beaublue

Pop music is literally whatever is popular at the moment so if the songs that are nominated are in the pop category because of how popular they are then it’s in fact pop music. Might not be the type of pop you like but it is what it is 🤷🏼‍♂️

8 hours ago, TheSlash said:

I'm sorry, but I don't like it at all. I mean, if it's a pop song sung in Spanish or whatever (I'm not an expert, so please forgive me :awkney: ), I may get used to it. Other than that I prefer more hammering sounds such as said Industrial-Pop :lana:.

And I'm protected against santerías :pray: (is that the right plural form? :poot: )

Is industrial pop what SOPHIE is doing?:oprah: The most strong song that I know is Pienso En Tu Mirá, but don't know, you could try with that later:shrug:

Yeah, santería is the only form, but you got it :bon:

Archived