Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Latin pop officially OVER?

Bambino

Featured Posts

Giorno Giovanna

i dont even like Paulia Rubinio but even then she is miles better then Despashito

:interestinga:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino
4 hours ago, ToughHooker said:

i dont even like Paulia Rubinio but even then she is miles better then Despashito

It's Paulina Rubio :usrs:

But you said she's better than Despacito so I'll let that go :green:

TheSlash

I hope so. I don't like Latin music, tbh :lolly:. And then the radio stations here overplayed it af :neyde: . I hope something more like Industrial-Pop becomes "the thing" now :pray:. I can only hope :huntyga:

Ew, David!

It is not, it is just evolving. Pop music is whats popular with the masses. And it is almost always ear catchy.

As for Paulina reception, is it really surprising? She have left the scene for years and while she was gone there are a major shift happening in the community. Some people may just forgot about her and some other may just not interested with her offering this time around. Nobody stays on top forever, no matter how legendary you are. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bambino
4 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

I hope so. I don't like Latin music, tbh . And then the radio stations here overplayed it af  . I hope something more like Industrial-Pop becomes "the thing" now . I can only hope

Latin pop is a part of Latin music tho. Now radios are probably overplaying reggaeton songs :usrs:

I'm gonna be honest, Latin pop just like the Reggaeton, it's all sounds the same, there's nothing special about it.. it's like they are all having the same formula and they just put some lyrics in it so they can sing something..

Shakira is the perfect example, LS was so diverse, latin pop, rock pop even middle eastern with Ojos Asi/Eyes Like Yours..

But then after Hips Don't Break, she got stuck with this style, just because it was successful, but it has been 13 years since then, people got tired of the same old style of hers.. 

And Paulina and Thalia just jumping on whatever could make a hit for them, they were interesting 20 years ago.. now not so much..

I prefer to listen to the soundtrack of Chiquititas and Rebelde Way lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

enigmaunicorn
6 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

Haha. CACKLING. Sorry but despacito WAS NOT and IS NOT as big as people think.It'srap track. I didn't hear it anywhere, nor did I see it mentioned anywhere except on here.

And reggaeton/tropical is so 5 years ago. 

On what world do you live on? I live in Kuwait and everybody was talking about it. That song was everywhere.

Andrea B
5 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

Haha. CACKLING. Sorry but despacito WAS NOT and IS NOT as big as people think.It'srap track. I didn't hear it anywhere, nor did I see it mentioned anywhere except on here.

And reggaeton/tropical is so 5 years ago. 

GIRL THAT SONG WAS EVEN A HIT IN ASIA

IN A S I A

IT IS A SPANISH SONG AND IT WAS A HIT IN 

A

S

I

A

Andrea B
31 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

As a latin myself I can say latin music is going down the toilet :neyde:

we still have great artists that are making HITS, Mon and Natalia are literally everywhere(in Mexico, idk about the rest of the continent):huntyga: i used to hate mon because of that, their songs are playing on every club and the radio station 

the last song is slowly raising on Spotify

Andrea B

you're always promoting Paulina:ladyhaha: at first it was annoying but now I admired you for your dedication. I didn't like her new album, it doesn't sound fresh or catchy, but I like her old stuff

In bold is what is meaningful about what I'm going to say, 'cause I have a lot of sh!t to say::ohwell:

You could also say that American pop music is dying if you see the charts right now or the nominees for the AMA's. And pop as an genre have also been mixing with trap and urban influences (that's pretty much due to the dominance of trap in charts and the Despacito's effect). Sweetener as a example.:lolly:

And actually, thanks to the Despacito effect (which is real:trollga:) 2018 has been a really interesting year for latin music. You'll find more indie artist and "alternative" (that is basically the way to say pop in here). English-speakers also underrate the power of "Mi Gente" and what J Balvin is doing. He's having the impact of Drake in the scene of latin music and for good. #StreamVibrasOnSpotify:firega:

Being latin, if you don't like reggaeton, Latin music is all about know where to look, 'cause most singers just want to have a #1 hit on the radio, 'cause isn't as profitable as in others countries (for example, you don't know about a sirian or kenian bop at least that they moved to America or UK and started the carrer there) so the award shows don't promote the real artists because they ain't gonna make money of it. So most people see latin music as a niche for reggaeton, but that's the main mistake. Latin IS NOT a genre:saladga:

Going to the Latin AMAs thing. Those are the same as the AMA's and they are going to award the most listened songs in the industry and in that false "genre". Apart from that they only award mexican regional bands, which is good for mexicans but only because you give an award to a group like Los Tigres del Norte doesn't mean you're representing latin music in all their spectrum. I mean there's no even a portuguese song in the list, like if Brazil, the biggest country in south america, with a equally big music industry, just faded:fthis:  The Latin Grammys tho:diane:, they have a category for each genre they nominated J Balvin wich is changing the urban scene and Rosalia who is the only singer making a conceptual album in spanish that I know:diane:

And about Paulina, her last album was in 2011-2012, and her comeback single was more a John Wayne than a Million Reason so you can say the album is full of hits:laughga:

Archived