💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Happened to Shawn Mendes

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, SpeechIess said:

the gays only hang onto him because there's that 00.0001 chance he's gay himself and will come out 

I've been a fan of Shawn since his vine days. I didn’t even find him attractive during that time, just talented. then his first album came out and his second and now his third and I genuinely love his music, his talent. I saw him this summer and I had a blast. thanks for your input though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DelusionalGaga
1 minute ago, OBEY said:

Thankï»ż god I don'tï»ż let toxic peopleï»ż on ï»żhere's negative comments have an impact ï»żï»żintoï»żï»ż my daily life, I've created a barrier. 

I mean I don't let them affect me either but if people said that stuff about me I'd be upset for sure. 

As for the promo, it was good promo but sadly very front-loaded. It should have had more longevity. 

FAIY would be a good choice. I hope that rumors don't resurface about it being his "coming out" song. That would probably derail the whole thing. 

2 hours ago, OBEY said:

In My Blood got 111m total audience impressions: streaming was lacking in the end.

And for being honest no one knows... there's surely something going on behind the scenes...

I'm really surprised. Mostly because he's really popular with a younger demographic, but also because it's such a good song. Shame.

I wonder if something really is up with his management, or with something more bureaucratic.

3 points in and ready for more

jimmytimestep

Wasn’t a video for “Nervous” released?

also I don’t love Shawn or IMB much but “Lost in Japan” is a holy bawp

Lextyr97

I loved In My Blood but the album was lackluster. I don't know what was so "personal" about it when it was all about girls... About his closet life perhaps?

StreamDelicate
2 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I loved In My Blood but the album was lackluster. I don't know what was so "personal" about it when it was all about girls... About his closet life perhaps?

He talked about his anxiety and some of the other songs were about his experiences with love (basically hookups lol) rather than what he thought love would be like in his previous albums. That's what I heard in an interview at least.

Still think the album is vanilla though :oops: and he still has a few songs where he makes the woman sound like a cold hearted b*tch who's out to hurt poor sweet innocent Shawn

Lextyr97
2 minutes ago, StreamDelicate said:

He talked about his anxiety and some of the other songs were about his experiences with love (basically hookups lol) rather than what he thought love would be like in his previous albums. That's what I heard in an interview at least.

Still think the album is vanilla though :oops: and he still has a few songs where he makes the woman sound like a cold hearted b*tch who's out to hurt poor sweet innocent Shawn

I would just like to know who these (imaginary) women are.

CannaeDrive
7 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I would just like to know who these (imaginary) women are.

*Looking for that S. Freud book in my library*

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Andrea B
5 hours ago, Nikita said:

He's a flop his album flopped his single flopped he's boring always the same cringy lyrics always the same performance boring personality boring music video ugly album/single cover

everything is boring about him but he's still gonna open the AMAs with the same boring performance of In My Blood

how can he be a flop when he has 22m listeners on Spotify? :air: his lead single has 263m streams on Spotify alone and his last two buzz singles reached 124m and 64m streams  :air:, I mean we claim that MR is a success because it has 246m streams and yet some of you think Shawn Mendes is a flop.  

I agree that his performances are all always the same but don't say he's a flop when he isn't 

9 minutes ago, Andree said:

how can he be a flop when he has 22m listeners on Spotify? :air: his lead single has 263m streams on Spotify alone and his last two buzz singles reached 124m and 64m streams  :air:, I mean we claim that MR is a success because it has 246m streams and yet some of you think Shawn Mendes is a flop.  

I agree that his performances are all always the same but don't say he's a flop when he isn't 

His album "Shawn Mendes" self-titled sold 500k SPS in the US in the space of almost a year

Nicki Minaj flop album "Queen" did that in a month

263m streams on spotify for a lead single released a year ago it's nothing NTLTC by Ariana has 500m

In my blood was promoted everywhere he still missed the top 10 and still no 2nd single announced

Selena Gomez has 25m monthly listeners that means nothing

Million Reasons kinda sold 1.1m pure and it's (eligible) 2x platinum SPS it's a success

Andrea B
1 minute ago, Nikita said:

His album "Shawn Mendes" self-titled sold 500k SPS in the US in the space of almost a year

Nicki Minaj flop album "Queen" did that in a month

263m streams on spotify for a lead single released a year ago it's nothing NTLTC by Ariana has 500m

In my blood was promoted everywhere he still missed the top 10 and still no 2nd single announced

Million Reasons kinda sold 1.1m pure and it's (eligible) 2x platinum SPS it's a success

of course, it has sold only sold 500k when he's only released an official single while Nicki is out here, adding pedo songs to her album, fighting with babies and releasing a single each week for extra album sales... Shawn is not a flop, he's underperforming a little bit but that's understandable since he hasn't released a proper single in months  

Andrea B
5 minutes ago, Nikita said:

are you now saying she's a flop now? :air: back to you has sold 1m copies so far in the US(SPS) and it's always on the radio, I'm tired of that song  :saladga:, it'll also reach 300m streams on Spotify soon. Spotify listeners mean A LOT, especially when you're releasing new material. 26m listeners means how many people are interested in your music 

DiscoHeaven23
3 hours ago, jimmytimestep said:

Wasn’t a video for “Nervous” released?

also I don’t love Shawn or IMB much but “Lost in Japan” is a holy bawp

it was one of those vertical videos for Spotify that some artists do.

So no treally an official video

Archived