đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did MTN as a single choice end Gaga's huge GP success?

edengowon

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Perhaps it's an Americanism.

In any event, I'm afraid the word 'relitigate' is not in the English Dictionary. I assumed you added the prefix to the word 'litigate' purely as a colloquialism, but now I see that you're unwavering in your arrogance.

There is one reference to the word 'relitigate' on the internet that I have been able to find, which labels the word an archaic one. Nevertheless, as I have just stated, the word is not in the English Dictionary. As such, I'm afraid you're completely wrong.

Frankly, I don't know what a 'degree in writing' is since it's completely unspecific and, in any event, I highly doubt that there is a degree subject wherein one would be required to commit to memory archaic words, which not present in the English Dictionary.

Also, if you have a 'job as a writer' (which, again, is extremely ambiguous) I would warn against the use of archaic words in your writing so as to not appear to be an obnoxious know it all (who, in reality, evidently knows very little despite an outward display of arrogance).

Since we're in the business of throwing degrees around, I have a Law degree as as such, I think you'll find I'm very familiar with the meaning of the word litigation.

Perhaps you shouldn't go into a paragraphs-long rant about the usage of the word "litigation" on GagaDaily and at the same time call someone else an "obnoxious know it all"

tenor.gif

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Alejandro-Born This Way-Judas triad is what ended her dominance. These 3 singles, released one after the other, transformed her into an artist that I think a lot of the GP saw as causing controversy purely for the controversy (clearly that wasn't the case). Born This Way also made her a "gay" artist in the eyes of the GP and created a stigma around her; it's awful that that happened, but it did and that stigma has only recently worn off. The nail in the coffin was Judas as a single released around Easter. It was the release of these 3 singles that ended her huge GP success.

So, no, it was not Marry the Night, which I think would have done phenomenally well if the era had been worked out a little differently. I personally think it was Born This Way's best choice for a lead single. 

No, the era was just a sign that her FIRST imperial phase (like any other star) was ending. Perfectly normal and unavoidable tbh

Spoiler

However little chartster in my heart won't deny that Born This Way-The Edge of Glory-You and I/ Scheiße-Hair-Marry The Night could've softened the blow :vegas:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Economy

I don't think MTN over exposed her because the GP barely got any exposure by it

Her over exposure started I think by edge of glory and her "weirdness" didn't help perception

It was a great song but the way her reputation was at the time with the GP and the way she was over-valued, I don't think any 5th single would have taken off

Its been 7 years, 2 fairly succesful albums, 1 Grammy awarded Jazz album, many mayor performances, a superbowl anthem and half time show both deemed as one of the bests ever, a golden globe, and now an Oscar buzz movie with almost perfect reviews.

She already has more recognition and respect from all the GP than all her contemporaries, other than biased stans of other artists, its vey hard to find a hater anymore (even Trump's worst cult subbredit loved her SB halftime show)

Stop measuring her with isolated numbers, shes beyond that, she is already a legend.

KatieJudasGaga4
6 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Judas was the single that damaged her GP appeal, not MTN.

5 hours ago, badboymonsterx said:

No, for the millionth time, it was JUDAS. I don't understand how people don't see this. 

Probably Gaga's appeal, but not her success. It did debut in the top 10 in many international charts...Marry The Night didn't even reach the top 10 anywhere besides like 3 charts. Also, You and I only reached the top 10 in like 9 countries, while Judas peaked it in like 30 countries.

The GP looks at songs and videos superficially.  They do not take the time to find the meanings behind Gaga's words or images.  If Gaga wanted to gain GP support, she would have to write songs that are clearly understood by everyone.  People believe she is in love with the Biblical Judas.  People don't know the good message behind the meat dress.  Homophobes don't like the imagery in the Alejandro video, but I don't think Gaga cares at all about what they think unless she can change their minds.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Bayonetta
15 hours ago, Spartacus said:

This is why Gaga doesn't visit this site anymore.  Threads like this.  Always with the negativity on her own damn site.

tumblr_inline_owfx6nUSky1ugm4sx_540_zpsu

What?? This isn't even inherently negative lmao... he just wants to discuss a negativity aspect of her career and talk about why it may have happened. If we don't discuss these things we'll end up become delusional like the BeyHive 

...was YoĂĽ and I a massive success? I mean, it hit #6 but I remember feeling like it was an underwhelming single without strong legs.

Archived