💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Lana Del Rey - Venice Bitch

retroglamx

Featured Posts

Queen Gloria

Two comments - I love that she's still doing the homemade/home movie style video she first started when she started her career. Two, I love that her voice isn't over-processed here. They used to put way too much reverb on her voice in previous albums. Yasss mama :vegas:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lana has slowly been becoming my all time fave for a long time, I can tell this upcoming album will cement that 🙌🏻

StrawberryBlond
4 hours ago, uvglo said:

The songs are brand new, written for the album. She confirmed it on Beats Radio 1 after Venice Bitch premiered.

4 hours ago, FFXSoul91 said:

She said she thought they were two of the best songs she's ever written and was too excited to wait to put them out. Probably one more song coming before the record, she said.

They're definitely on unless she pulls a Lust for Life and changes things at the last minute.

Well, that was a surprise. I thought if it was official, she would have made high budget videos with all original clips. Venice Bitch just seems like a quickly thrown together promo video. But isn't the album coming next year? I'd kinda prefer that, honestly, partly because this has been such an awful year for music and I want Lana to feature next year, when so many of my other favourites will hopefully be releasing!

The Fame

I def. like MAC more. This one isn't one of my favorites personally (I'm still a Lana fan though, and I'm glad that others can enjoy it! :nick:) Just my personal opinion, but I feel it could have safely stopped at about 4:45 and been complete.

HausOfHarlow

Found this posted on YouTube - not sure how long it will be up (copyright?) but it's a 3:31 edit of Venice Bitch. Personally, I find the original far too long - to the point I forget what the song or lyrics were when the 9 minute song is finished. Really like this shortened version. 

ItsTommyBitch

I could see this becoming my favorite Lana song in time, this is actually like an Opus, a major work. I wouldnt cut any second from it, its amazing at 9:36. It has dynamic range, emotional content, some of her best vocals (imo) in terms of style + tone and timbre, the melody is so good and the chords too, the guitar solos are BOTH great and neither bored me, I just got lost in them but was fully engaged. 

So far this era feels like the creative energy she had with Ultraviolence, but inspired by her new found confidence in her relationships and self and exploring her place in the world, as opposed to what were heavily toxic relationships on top of her feeling misunderstood by the industry and judged. I'm so here for this.

We've gone from

"Dark, dark blue" to

Out of the Black, into the Blue - Paint me happy in Blue, Norman Rockwell 

Then there's MAC which is about being the strong one in the relationship. She feels like she's so strong and confident that SHE can be a beacon for her lover and pull him back in from the waves when he's down, as opposed to feeling like she has to go towards someone else's beacon even if he hurts her, I'm so like emotional over someone I've never met :air: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

CinnamonGirl
1 hour ago, austincola said:

Still waiting for the Cherry music video.....

you're still waiting for ARTPOP act II too ?

➰➰➰

25 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

I could see this becoming my favorite Lana song in time, this is actually like an Opus, a major work. I wouldnt cut any second from it, its amazing at 9:36. It has dynamic range, emotional content, some of her best vocals (imo) in terms of style + tone and timbre, the melody is so good and the chords too, the guitar solos are BOTH great and neither bored me, I just got lost in them but was fully engaged. 

So far this era feels like the creative energy she had with Ultraviolence, but inspired by her new found confidence in her relationships and self and exploring her place in the world, as opposed to what were heavily toxic relationships on top of her feeling misunderstood by the industry and judged. I'm so here for this.

We've gone from

"Dark, dark blue" to

Out of the Black, into the Blue - Paint me happy in Blue, Norman Rockwell 

Then there's MAC which is about being the strong one in the relationship. She feels like she's so strong and confident that SHE can be a beacon for her lover and pull him back in from the waves when he's down, as opposed to feeling like she has to go towards someone else's beacon even if he hurts her, I'm so like emotional over someone I've never met :air: 

This! She sounds so different and excited. 

Archived