đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Lana Del Rey - Venice Bitch

retroglamx

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Err...this isn't as good as the last one. I feel she just got a bit carried away with the idea of making a long song. The visuals for it made me really quesy and were far too repetative. By the time I got to the end of the song, I'd forgotten almost all the lyrics or what the whole song was about. There's no reason why she couldn't have made the song much shorter. Even a Cruel World length would've been acceptable. I get that she maybe wanted the feeling of a getting high over an extended instrumental but it wasn't even a good instrumental! If this isn't on the album, thank God, because it would have brought it down considerably. I love your long songs, Lana, but there's a limit. Don't get pretentious on us.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Err...this isn't as good as the last one. I feel she just got a bit carried away with the idea of making a long song. The visuals for it made me really quesy and were far too repetative. By the time I got to the end of the song, I'd forgotten almost all the lyrics or what the whole song was about. There's no reason why she couldn't have made the song much shorter. Even a Cruel World length would've been acceptable. I get that she maybe wanted the feeling of a getting high over an extended instrumental but it wasn't even a good instrumental! If this isn't on the album, thank God, because it would have brought it down considerably. I love your long songs, Lana, but there's a limit. Don't get pretentious on us.

I agree, the song is too long, it could have done without the super long outro, however I think it will sound better in the album, especially if its the last track (i have a feeling it will be). The videos aren't actual music videos, more like visuals. They were originally for a different song that was slated as the first single. I'm pretty content tbh.

For me this song is better than MAC. I love the chorus so much. It's definitely a song for summer now that its winding down. Made me cry lol. And the video is really cute. My favorite part is around 1:50 when they're in the truck bed. They all look so happy and with that part of the song just makes me feel.... a ways

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

StrawberryBlond
17 minutes ago, uvglo said:

I agree, the song is too long, it could have done without the super long outro, however I think it will sound better in the album, especially if its the last track (i have a feeling it will be). The videos aren't actual music videos, more like visuals. They were originally for a different song that was slated as the first single. I'm pretty content tbh.

I believe that neither of these songs will be on the album. They're either leftovers from the last album or stuff that didn't make it onto the new one. I think it's just to keep us going until her new album comes out next year.

23 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I believe that neither of these songs will be on the album. They're either leftovers from the last album or stuff that didn't make it onto the new one. I think it's just to keep us going until her new album comes out next year.

The songs are brand new, written for the album. She confirmed it on Beats Radio 1 after Venice Bitch premiered.

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

FFXSoul91
44 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She said she thought they were two of the best songs she's ever written and was too excited to wait to put them out. Probably one more song coming before the record, she said.

They're definitely on unless she pulls a Lust for Life and changes things at the last minute.

FfFfFfFF

The pre chorus is gorgeous. I may like it more than MAC.

The song sounds like a noisy, Ultraviolence approach to the folk of Sirens. It reminds me of American Life ballads, also. I can hear Xtatic Process/ Nothing Fails/ Intervention in there. 

This is godly. Lana has really been serving me everything I’ve been needing. This is how an artist remains consistent and gives quality material. 

tomsches

I love that she's moving back to a more rock inspired sound. 

I don't think the album version is gonna be 10 minutes long. But I wouldn't mind either way

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Her videos are absolute Ń•hit tho :air:

Edit: omg 10 mins of ****ing nothing :air: 

Same, I’m so confused by the praise for this. This sounds like a demo for Born To Die...

RIPheygirl

Btw my comment was a joke I actually love Lana so much and I really like this song

Spoiler

Just in case people think I’m a hater

Archived