Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Joaquin Phoenix's The Joker First Official Look (2019)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Alexander Levi said:

I wish they would venture off into new territory. I really hate superhero/villain movies and I get the appeal (and how much money they make) but I continue to be disappointed whenever I take a chance with one.

They need a more Dark Knight route where they put these movies into melodrama settings or something to make them interesting again.

Wonder Woman was the last one I enjoyed - but if it wasn’t because of it’s historic moment (the fact it was a huge success with the lead role being a female superhero), it would have been just another glossy over-the-top spectacle.

I just want more depth :messga:

That's the point of this one. People's attraction to The Joker is that he has this enigmatic quality about him that makes him irresistible. The point of this movie is to do what you're talking about since the DC universe comes with more trappings so having this outside film gives them the opportunity to explore things they otherwise wouldn't. From the best I can understand, they are using The Killing Joke as source material and that can only be a good sign as it does much of what you're saying even if it is also tragically problematic as well (you can pull some things from it like the Joker origin and have it not be problematic af). 

SpookyKid

Is he really called Joachim? :poot: because my name is Joaquin :air: 

OT: Excited, hope it turns out great

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

The full Joker look revealed!

So, what do y'all think? :sis:

tumblr_pffkutDk8e1vz3i63o1_400.gif

For me, it reminisce with the clown mask on Dark Knight movie :diane:

8ceaeeeec6cf3950f0426031ab6a201f.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reality
22 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

The full Joker look revealed!

So, what do y'all think? :sis:

tumblr_pffkutDk8e1vz3i63o1_400.gif

For me, it reminisce with the clown mask on Dark Knight movie :diane:

8ceaeeeec6cf3950f0426031ab6a201f.jpg

When I first saw the makeup I instantly thought about the clown masks in Dark Knight. 

Honestly, I kind of like it. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I'm not completely opposed to it. 

I think that the makeup works better when he just has a straight face (ironic cause the creepy, big smile is Joker's thing). I don't absolutely love it, but I think a lot of people are exaggerating when they say that they hate this look. 

🃏🖤👹

Yeah, well, reception for Joker is always divided but I guess it is pretty good so far. The film is gonna be set in the 1980s, so I am hoping a  gritty film. This look seems to match the vibe. :shrug:

Also, it is planned to be released during Halloween next year, so it need to be scary or at least thrilling. :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Wait is this canon to the DCEU or??? I mean, Jared Leto is the current Joker right?

EDIT: oh okay I'm a flop it's a standalone film

Archived