Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

ASIB competing in Drama category at Golden Globes

Scathach

Featured Posts

It makes sense and I’m not upset about it.

Gaga already has a Golden Globe which takes years for the any actor to receive.

tumblr_o0rw6lpWWl1v0kvxao1_500.gif

I’m looking forward to Gaga adding an Oscar to her collection. :vegas:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe
26 minutes ago, T E A said:

lmao at everyone who doesn't think ASIB is a musical. :lmao:

Technically a musical is a piece in which songs/dancing are woven and progress the narrative. I’m not sure this is entirely the case with ASIB. It seems as though the drama progresses the narrative moreso than the music. Therefore it can be included in the drama category. 

⚯͛

A Star Is Born
1 minute ago, KING said:

I’m looking forward to Gaga adding an Oscar to her collection. :vegas:

Usually whoever wins the GG will get the Oscar. If Gaga was on the Comedy/Musical side and Glenn was on the Drama side then it will be a race but if they’re both in Drama one could overshadow the other. If that makes sense. :vegas:

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

So what separates ASIB from dramas that revolve around music? Also, where does the "comedy" come in? I know that ASIB does have some funny moments, but to label it as a comedy before a drama just seems plain wrong.

can't say, haven't seen the movie yet.

also, it's musical OR comedy, not AND comedy, it's an either/or relation, hence the slash.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

BornAsUnic0rn
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

It has 19 songs, maybe not every single one is performed in full but there are A LOT of songs :air:

Sure, but out of these 19 songs, there are some songs not performed in the Movie, most songs shortened, and only about 3-4 songs are performed completely, lol. 

crisTEAne
17 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

It seems as though the drama progresses the narrative moreso than the music. 

idk, haven't seen it yet, but based on what brad and gagz said, i think it's the other way around. 

17 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Therefore it can be included in the drama category. 

sure, the two categories, musical and drama, are not mutually exclusive. ASIB is a musical drama, which means that it's structured around music, revolves around music, music is a character, etc. i think it'll compete in that category, not drama. 

If the people sing on screen or dance   - in any capacity -  for any length or time - long or short - The Globes consider it a musical.

Plain and Simple.

A star is Born has what - 13 musical numbers - its a musical!!

BornAsUnic0rn
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

It is a musical what are you guys smoking

Everytime they start to sing, it’s on a stage (I<3radio, Coachella, Drag Bar, SNL), only about 3 songs are performed in their full form, the rest of these songs is shortened, or in the process of creating it, some of the songs on the soundtrack are not even included/performed in the movie. Most of the movie is NOT in musical/sung form. They only sing when the plot is about them singing. They literally only sing because they are playing roles who are singers/musicians, and that’s what a singer does, sing. Are the songs about the lives of the protagonists and deeply personal to them? Yes. But if you removed all these musical moments in the movie, the plot is still perfectly clear. In a Musical  the songs tell the story of the movie, in a musical drama(a drama about a music) the music ADDS to the story(, which would perfectly work without the music).

Oh and cliche wise in musicals people jump out and bust out in a song. In ASIB they literally only sing when they’re on stage/set and the plot is about creating/songwriting. And not a bit more than absolutely necessary. So in no way I would have thought about it being in the musical category. 

SpaceAce
28 minutes ago, T E A said:

idk, haven't seen it yet, but based on what brad and gagz said, i think it's the other way around. 

sure, the two categories, musical and drama, are not mutually exclusive. ASIB is a musical drama, which means that it's structured around music, revolves around music, music is a character, etc. i think it'll compete in that category, not drama. 

So you haven’t seen the movie, yet you’re more confident than people who have? That’s a tad bit arrogant, even if you did a minor in film. 

Bradley and Gaga want the music to be recognized during the awards season, of course they’re going to comment on how important the music is to the film.

crisTEAne
11 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

So you haven’t seen the movie, yet you’re more confident than people who have? That’s a tad bit arrogant, even if you did a minor in film. 

Bradley and Gaga want the music to be recognized during the awards season, of course they’re going to comment on how important the music is to the film.

it's not arrogance, just an informed/educated guess. 

well, sure they do as it is a musical. :selena:

Archived