Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Gaga Conversation

AbuHassan1992

Featured Posts

David Ward

Gaga attended the VMAs and performed...

Just Dance, while wearing the Fame Era clothes, wigs, and make up?

:toofloppy:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudasInTheDark

I would hate it.... but at least something exciting would happen at these VMAs. It would probably be the highlight of the night for me :laughga:

David Ward

I would hate it.... but at least something exciting would happen at these VMAs. It would probably be the highlight of the night for me :laughga:

Haha same here! :)

giskardsb

only if she then ripped off the wig, covered it with lighter fluid and burned it on top of a piano while performing an unreleased song from the next album.

The Jonathon Ross interview when Gaga was talking about Elton John's son and saying he's very 'spunky' - Gaga clearly wasn't aware that word means something very different in the UK!

rivingtonrebels

I apologize that this is long - just putting my thoughts out there for monsters not sold on the concept :pawsup:

- - -

I think the concept of Art Pop is a very interesting and transparant way for Gaga to communicate her work. In a way, it perfectly describes what she has been doing since the Fame; what separates her from other pop artists. Each performance, each song, each look is a work of art, not just a commodity. There is deeper meaning to everything she does, you just have to pay attention.

The closest genre to Art Pop is Art Rock.

The concept of Art Rock was first established in the 1960s with the Beatle's St. Pepper album, and peaked in the early 80s with David Bowie and the New Wave trend. It describes a mostly British attempt to elevate rock music to new levels of artistic credibility.

Pop itself is not akin to pushing artistic boundaries: Cambridge tells us that Pop music puts "an emphasis on craftsmanship rather than formal "artistic" qualities" and has "a tendency to reflect existing trends rather than progressive developments"

The concept of Art Pop turns pop on it's head - you can have catchy hooks, melodies, dance beats, but you can weave in unconventional and highly artistic elements to bring pop to a new level.

That's what Gaga does. She elevated Pop to an artistic level - and this is why we love her.

Gaga is Life

I'd like it. It would remind people of the Gaga they fell in love with.

MOLLY CYRUS

if Art Pop was to be considered a musical genre, all of Gaga's albums to date would have been filed under that genre. All of her pop is in fact "art" pop & I feel that's why she's snatching the name now.

It's a cute, fun name & I think it'll set a nice mood for the era..

JoseLittleMonster

I really expect a deep meaning in this era :nails:

please Gaga don't give us a souless-dance record

tho would be #1 everywhere.

Archived