Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Gaga Conversation

AbuHassan1992

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JoseLittleMonster

Seriously? Who a--lyzed her lips for date info!? And I thought I was a super Stan.

this

abductee

GaGa said in the LM chat today that the label essentially overtook the single choosing powers last year and it did not go like she planned. Her choice singles would have been: BTW, MTN, S, TEOG.

So this is an explanation of how that probably happened:

Born This Way is released in February. The song does very well riding on the hype and open arms message of the song. From here, Interscope wants a definite second single hit. They choose to release Judas right around Easter. They think that since the song is catchy + the religious controversy it will do great. But then it doesn't and the backlash is bad.

If you remember, at this time GaGa said she wanted Marry the Night as the third single (which follows her original choices) but then, The Edge of Glory is released as promo on iTunes and does well, so Interscope rushes to release it, looking for any commercial success. The song is a minor success so I guess it worked a bit.

After this, GaGa says that she wants the fans to choose the fourth single. Scheisse is voted as the fourth single, which, once again, follows what GaGa said she wanted. but the label doesn't want to take a chance on a song like Scheisse which could get bad backlash, so they choose You and I (which is a favorite of GaGas.) They probably think that You and I will get attention for being a "country" cross over and the simplicity of it will make it a hit.

Then, after all this, GaGa finally gets to release her pride and joy MTN.

This is just my theory as to why Interscope pushed the choices that were made last year.

Stephen

Probably :yes:

I remember when I bought the album it had a sticker saying "featuring the smash hit BORN THIS WAY, with JUDAS and MARRY THE NIGHT." :flop:

David Ward

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

Do you think Gaga will be allowed to choose the next singles for her upcoming record, or will Interscope not learn their lesson and decide for themselves? :nacho:

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

Do you think Gaga will be allowed to choose the next singles for her upcoming record, or will Interscope not learn their lesson and decide for themselves? :nacho:

If she can't control single choices, I'm gonna snatch Interscope's weaves. :nails:

David Ward

What if Gaga only announce the record at the VMAs and announced the dates on New Year's Eve? What if she didn't say it was going to be the album of the decade and hype it up to much like she did?

I feel that Born This Way was an amazing album, and to the people who hate it probably just put their hopes to high for something golden.

But what if it wasn't hyped as much? Would it be bigger? Would the singles have done better in the charts?

Gaga wanted to release MTN as the lead single. I think MTN could have been big as Poker Face if it was the lead single.

What do you guys think?

it would've been the same for me. hype doesn't influence how much i love the music, its just a way to keep us excited while we wait for the album.

FairyDreams

I like hype to a certain extent, but when she said the album of the decade and stuff like that.... it's totally unnecessary.

jhonyguy04

i think the chart performance would have been the same, but there would not have been so much media backlash. and the GP would not perceive her as so egotistic.

watch, that carley rae comment is going to bite her in the ass, even if she makes it a whole month at number one. the media is gonna be like, gaga is flopping, she didn't break carley record. only 6 weeks at number one or something like that.

I dont think she really meant 'album of the decade' i think she was just really proud of her work and was trying to describe it without giving too much away!

it's still an amazing album but i think the amazing music is sometimes overshadowed by the GP's reaction and so some people assume it's a flop

which it wasn't. :coffee::nails: :ohwell:

Archived