Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

A star is born already packing theatres in US

Naufri

Featured Posts

59 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

Usually for huge blockbusters in major cities people buy tickets in advance (like Marvel movies or I remeber my friend from NYC having to wait a few days for Jurassic World 2) but in most areas you’re fine honestly. I sometimes buy tickets when the trailers are playing :laughga:

Nnn, I think we have too many cinemas in my country then. Like, yeah, sometimes movies are getting sold-out, but only on that night, never hours before the movie. Do the movies play more times a day too? I’m still surprised lmao. :air:

7 minutes ago, Miky said:

Same in my country, like dafuq :poot:

Right? I would hate to plan days before the actually day. :air:

4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

No. It happen in Asia too. :giggle:

Poor y’all. Come to Europe. :vegas:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Nnn, I think we have too many cinemas in my country then. Like, yeah, sometimes movies are getting sold-out, but only on that night, never hours before the movie. Do the movies play more times a day too? I’m still surprised lmao. :air:

Right? I would hate to plan days before the actually day. :air:

Poor y’all. Come to Europe. :vegas:

It is actually convenient tbh, and we don't have to come early to buy tickets anymore, ofc there are people who go on cinema on the showing day, but for the first week or two on popular movies they need to pray real hard to find cinemas that haven't already sold out, especially on prime time hours.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It is actually convenient tbh, and we don't have to come early to buy tickets anymore, ofc there are people who go on cinema on the showing day, but for the first week or two on popular movies they need to pray real hard to find cinemas that haven't already sold out, especially on prime time hours.

Yeah, that’s why I always buy my tickets online. :vegas:

The only difference is that over here the movies get sold-out, but only on the day itself, where in America/Asia it’s sold-out weeks before the actual date. At the end of the day it’s just what you are used to. If I was an American I would’ve had a ASIB by now too, but since I’m @Dutch I will buy my ticket on the 4th. :vegas: 

GagaStefi

I just checked some random ones and they were empty:emma:  hopefully it changes after they do some promotion in the US

8 minutes ago, GagaStefi said:

I just checked some random ones and they were empty:emma:  hopefully it changes after they do some promotion in the US

It depends where you are looking, for instance Century City and 34th st NYC almost sold out.

Venom outselling ASIB about 4 to 1 right now on Fandango. 

ASIB outselling Smallfoot, The House with clocks in its walls, Night School by a large margin... outseling Smallfoot 3 to 1 and The House and Night School by 15 or more to 1. All three opening in Sept and projected to make over 20 million opening weekend.

So Id say ASIB is doing pretty well. Venom looks like it'll be huge.

ShockPop

This gives me anxiety. I want her to have this commercial success so much. I don't think it'll flop but I'm not holding out much hope.. I still think people will see her name and reject it.

11 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

This gives me anxiety. I want her to have this commercial success so much. I don't think it'll flop but I'm not holding out much hope.. I still think people will see her name and reject it.

It can have commercial success without being #1 at the box office.  Venom has a budget of $100m.

4 minutes ago, S0436 said:

It can have commercial success without being #1 at the box office.  Venom has a budget of $100m.

I think it could beat Venom and be #1 its second weekend.

ShockPop
7 minutes ago, S0436 said:

I don't really understand the promo budget... but I hope over the next 2 weeks they're going to pull a Bobby and have Gaga popping up all over tv and radio just to make sure.

20 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

People love Gaga, especially since the Super Bowl. This movie is going to be huge, maybe not opening weekend but over the long run because of word of mouth. Opening weekend it could be pretty big too, maybe over 30 million..

2 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

I don't really understand the promo budget... but I hope over the next 2 weeks they're going to pull a Bobby and have Gaga popping up all over tv and radio just to make sure.

They'll have plenty of promo but whats going to make it big is word of mouth.

WORLDofGAGA

Just like @shane_c said, I think when people realise how good the film is people will be telling their friends and family’s and then they will go, then tell their friends and family’s, so on so fourth. We hope anyway :excited2:

@W0RLDofGAGA

• 3 weeks later...
NewUsername

Just checked this site again and it's nice to see that they're already lots of tickets being bought!

I timed it 5 times (transactions/minute):
- first time 18x
- second time 16x
- third time 20x
- fourth time 17x
- fifth time 19x

FATCAT

It makes sense though, ASIB is probably not going to have some amazing 1st week, but once it catches on it'll be a hit. 

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived