💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Zayn reaches 1B views

Chuckles

Featured Posts

Mirages
3 hours ago, Chuckles said:

It's so interesting how this song has 1 billion views yet it had ZERO promo. I stan hard for this single and video

It was quite huge in Europe, they still play it here :firega:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

ok, i DEFINETLY heard that song a lot here in Mexico lol, i use to love it, never knew it was him, slay

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Chuckles
7 hours ago, FrankGutz said:

ok, i DEFINETLY heard that song a lot here in Mexico lol, i use to love it, never knew it was him, slay

I agree, I used to hear it a lot in summer last year!

StrawberryBlond

Out of all the videos out there that are suspected to have fake views, this one gets into my top 3. I don't get it - the song had a great start and then fizzled out - look at its chart positions and sales. All but forgotten about and no promo. The public barely knew it existed. So why has it achieved such a ridiculously high amount of views and likes, even surpassing Pillowtalk, which is unquestionably his biggest hit ever, his only hit ever, really? It makes no sense, so we have to consider paid for views. You simply can't get such figures without it being a mega hit and it wasn't.

Teal Ambition

The song is okay, but the songs he recently released are just awful :saladga: Disappointing cause I actually loved Mind of Mine

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

DelusionalGaga
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Out of all the videos out there that are suspected to have fake views, this one gets into my top 3. I don't get it - the song had a great start and then fizzled out - look at its chart positions and sales. All but forgotten about and no promo. The public barely knew it existed. So why has it achieved such a ridiculously high amount of views and likes, even surpassing Pillowtalk, which is unquestionably his biggest hit ever, his only hit ever, really? It makes no sense, so we have to consider paid for views. You simply can't get such figures without it being a mega hit and it wasn't.

You know there's a whole other market beside the US called rest of the world? It was pretty much a big hit in Europe and Australia and still gets played on radio all the time, unlike Pillow Talk. Most American songs get no promotion here in Europe and still become hits because of streaming. 

Not a fan of his music but he's gorgeous :laughga:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

You know there's a whole other market beside the US called rest of the world? It was pretty much a big hit in Europe and Australia and still gets played on radio all the time, unlike Pillow Talk. Most American songs get no promotion here in Europe and still become hits because of streaming. 

I'm not just basing it off the US market. I've lived in Europe my whole life and can confirm this was not a big hit here. Not even in the UK, where he's from, hence, where his most devoted fans should be. According to Wikipedia, only 5 European countries actually managed to give it 100k sales or more. And that was totally initial sales. As I said, it got a great start (everyone thought it was his lead single, after all) and then dropped. And still gets played on radio all the time? What radio are you listening to? You do realise that it managed to top Pillowtalk's views and likes within a fraction of the time despite Pillowtalk being the much bigger hit? How can it do that but not top Pillowtalk's commercial success?

DelusionalGaga
9 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm not just basing it off the US market. I've lived in Europe my whole life and can confirm this was not a big hit here. Not even in the UK, where he's from, hence, where his most devoted fans should be. According to Wikipedia, only 5 European countries actually managed to give it 100k sales or more. And that was totally initial sales. As I said, it got a great start (everyone thought it was his lead single, after all) and then dropped. And still gets played on radio all the time? What radio are you listening to? You do realise that it managed to top Pillowtalk's views and likes within a fraction of the time despite Pillowtalk being the much bigger hit? How can it do that but not top Pillowtalk's commercial success?

I would argue that it's the complete opposite. Pillowtalk had a lot of hype because it was his first solo single but it fizzled out quickly. 

If you compare the sale numbers you'll see that they're pretty much similar but they're much higher for DTD in countries like Germany, France, Sweden. 

And yes, I do keep hearing DTD on the radio and I'm pretty sure I've never heard Pillowtalk played. It's all probably thanks to Sia anyway. 

StarstruckIllusion

What? But this song flopped. Did it slay in Eurasia or sumn? 

This song should have been a worldwide hit! I hope Zayn will overcome his anxiety and be able to promote/perform ;) He can do great things musically and he's a good singer really

Archived