• Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Goblet of Fire
    • Order of the Phoenix
    • Half-Blood Prince
    • Deathly Hallows (Part 1)
    • Deathly Hallows (Part 2)

Featured Posts

Suspiria

The first 2 were perfect IMO, they were serious enough without losing sight of the fact that it was literally about people with magic wands and flying broomsticks and silly names. The use of actual sets and more animatronics rather than CGI also just looked so much better to me.

I think from the 4th onwards they just took themselves far too seriously and relied way too heavily on digital imagery. And the attempts at humour just made them awkward to watch.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brunothesinger

Prisoner of Azkaban is a great movie, probably my second favorite.
But I just love 7.1 - its tone, its mood, that desolate feeling. And that dance scene.

What's curious is I'm currently reading all 7 books (out loud) to my boyfriend who's never read nor seen anything Potter related.
We're at book 6 now. We're going to watch the movies after finishing the books.
He's loving it :heart:

- bruno the singer

MonsterOfSpain
Just now, officialhawkes said:

What's curious is I'm currently reading all 7 books (out loud) to my boyfriend who's never read nor seen anything Potter related.

He must really love you omfg, braver than the troops... don't let that guy run out :triggered:

Catnikko

POA / GOF

they all went downhill from there

6 and 7p2 were tragic, especially as a book reader

Actual patient

ryanripley
26 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

The first 2 were perfect IMO, they were serious enough without losing sight of the fact that it was literally about people with magic wands and flying broomsticks and silly names. The use of actual sets and more animatronics rather than CGI also just looked so much better to me.

I think from the 4th onwards they just took themselves far too seriously and relied way too heavily on digital imagery. And the attempts at humour just made them awkward to watch.

the CGI in the first one aged like MILK though :nooo:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ignotus

Uggghh this is so hard. As a Harry Potter nerd, I can’t decide which movie is the best coz they all have a very special place in my heart. I voted 7.2 tho, it was an astounding finale however prisoner of azkaban really picked up the magic in a very charming way

Reginald

Prisoner of Azkaban is leagues above all of the other films, in terms of overall quality. I wish Alfonso Cuaron had stuck around or returned to direct  a later movie in the series.

huttont

The third is my favorite book but the movie didn’t do it justice imo. All of them are great though! 2, 3, 4, and 7p2 have the most replay value 

Suspiria
8 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the CGI in the first one aged like MILK though :nooo:

Well I don't think the CGI for Fluffy, for example, looks any worse than the stuff from the later ones.

I remember the moment I truly lost interest in the films was in OotP with Umbridge and the giant and the centaurs, it was just an endless barrage of terrible CGI everywhere:smh:

ryanripley
Just now, Suspiria said:

Well I don't think the CGI for Fluffy, for example, looks any worse than the stuff from the later ones.

I remember the moment I truly lost interest in the films was in OotP with Umbridge and the giant and the centaurs, it was just an endless barrage of terrible CGI everywhere:smh:

it's the parts when harry is on the troll's head and on his broom in the room of those flying keys, it looks like something straight out of a PS2 video game :laughga: 

i hated OotP :madge: i just found myself more annoyed at how they totally re-arranged the story than enjoying anything :madge: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

calmar

All this love for Book/Movie 3 :air: they're my least favorite (well, I disliked Movie 6 more than Movie 3, but it's still at the bottom.)

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Suspiria
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

it's the parts when harry is on the troll's head and on his broom in the room of those flying keys, it looks like something straight out of a PS2 video game :laughga: 

i hated OotP :madge: i just found myself more annoyed at how they totally re-arranged the story than enjoying anything :madge: 

I mean I want to defend Philosopher's Stone but yeah that part was... a tragedy:selena: I haven't seen it in forever but I also remember some of the quidditch CGI being beyond embarrassing too.

I can't really choose as they all not really that good to me. As @ryanripley

mentioned it, the movie is letdown compared to the books. I couldn't enjoy the movie at all as it didn't do justice to the book, in my opinion anyway

Archived