Sneaky Oliver

I wont believe the #2019Oscarsisours till I see it tbh 

Remember all the hype for Till Happens To You and then nothing  :nooo:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Scathach said:

Overhyping things is never good tho... the closest example might be La La Land, overhyped as f*ck by critics and a lot of people ended up thinking "that's it ?" (I personally loved it but you get my point).

it got 6 Oscars and  incredible boxoffice
if we could get that I don't mind the overhyping at all:ohwell:

RAMROD

I am just happy that it got overwhelming positive welcome from the press :diane:

This is not always happen, especially when you are female and a pop star, and try to launch acting career.

I am just so happy especially for Gaga, and for Bradley at his first attempt at directing.

The noms or winning cn come later

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Disnalex
59 minutes ago, Max Vandeburg said:

"It might seem like an impossible feat, but with his version of “A Star Is Born,” Bradley Cooper both puts a fresh spin on a decades-old movie staple and transcends its very place in cinema history by fixing the story, turning a classic role, finally, into a tragic figure you actually care about.

For that and many more reasons (like a field that isn’t as competitive as usual), the lead actor Oscar race might be over and done with. Cooper is that good as the kind-hearted but haunted Jackson Maine, and the screenplay — from Cooper, Will Fetters, and Oscar winner Eric Roth — finely tunes his story, serving the character far better than any previous version of the tale has for Fredric March and James Mason’s Norman Maine or Kris Kristofferson’s John Norman Howard.

That you can get two paragraphs into spelling out the virtues of this film before even mentioning Lady Gaga is a testament to its density. She is, of course, sensational in her first starring role — an absolute natural. And when her version of the discovered talent, here called Ally, first steps onto a stage early in the film to perform one of her own songs for the first time — already a highlight from its positioning in the trailer alone — I’ve rarely seen so arresting a moment in cinema."

[...]

"So. Yes. “A Star Is Born” (2018) is an across-the-board Oscar contender. More than that, and assuming this is even still possible in the modern era, it has the muscle to achieve what only three films in movie history ever have: Win all five major Academy Awards (picture, director, actor, actress, and screenplay). It’s that kind of accomplishment, and even more, it makes you realize what this well-worn, Oscar-winning material was capable of all along.

That’s a special magic trick."

Whole article: https://variety.com/2018//in-contention/a-star-is-born-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-oscar-chances-1202926822/

Hmmm:triggered:

Gaga for Disney

Battle 4 Ur Life
51 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I wont believe the #2019Oscarsisours till I see it tbh 

Remember all the hype for Till Happens To You and then nothing  :nooo:

we don't like to mention that which we shouldn't mention :messga:

:madge:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Shipper
1 hour ago, TheAlpha said:

I have a feeling this film and everyone involved will win BIG or either flop hard at the Oscars. Best Original Song is in the bag tho.

I'm getting the feeling too.  Gaga might be the next Leonardo DiCaprio. 

It's because Gaga bumped into him during the Golden globes,  she lost Oscar for TIHTY and Leonardo finally won an Oscar after fighting a bear. 

tumblr_inline_o0rtf9i6c21td0hds_500.gif

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

RAMROD
2 hours ago, Rock Jock said:

Hm.. who will be next Sam Smith?  :triggered:

Melissa McCarthy and a cat are getting verybgood reviews on Telluride. 

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/telluride-film-festival-melissa-mccarthy-can-you-ever-forgive-me/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived