đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

ASIB Reviews | RT: 90% | MC: 88

monsterdino

Featured Posts

positive reviews from well known publications are ignored while every last negative blogger review is quickly added

there are two negative reviews from the same publication

critic Kristen Lopez has contributed two reviews, one positive and one negative for different publications

there are two reviews that praise the film counted as negative for doubting its Oscars success

ridiculous really...

we have a problem with RT editors, not the bitter late "critics"

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stefani328
25 minutes ago, OnionGirl said:

That's probably the dumbest review of all

"Gender: 1/5
Does it pass the Bechdel Test? NO
GradeMyMovie.com Assessment: 7% of key cast and crew members were women.

Race: 2/5
GradeMyMovie.com Assessment: 7% of key cast and crew members were POC."

I mean, gtfo. This is not how you review a movie

They picking random people on the street to write reviews at this point. It's so sloppy :smh:

Brie Candy
OnionGirl
3 minutes ago, Brie Candy said:

Is there anything we can do to help these reviews to be on RT?

Apparently the critics need to add the reviews to RT themselves, so maybe we could find their accounts on social media and ask them to do it. We should be polite and pretend not to be a Gaga fan, though. :laughga:

Maybe tweet something like "Just finished reading your A Star Is Born review and it was so good. Huge fan of your work. Hope it's added to Rotten Tomatoes". :laughga:

Writing to the RT staff that all of these reviews are missing could be helpful too: http://fandango.custhelp.com/app/ask 

Galagala

I CAN'T ACCEPT THE SCORE TO GO BELOW 90%.:saladga:

Find out those authors who wrote positive reviews and haven't added them to RT(in previous page of this thread)! Politely ask them to add the reviews to RT. We need to try our best to save it from dwindling down.

I just can't bare some reviews like 

"The movie's gender dynamics remain fully intact from its 1937 origins. Ally is controlled and manipulated by powerful men from start to finish, and some of the more emotionally abusive scenes can be disturbing to watch.":triggered:

WTF

Chuckles
1 hour ago, OnionGirl said:

Apparently the critics need to add the reviews to RT themselves, so maybe we could find their accounts on social media and ask them to do it. We should be polite and pretend not to be a Gaga fan, though. :laughga:

Maybe tweet something like "Just finished reading your A Star Is Born review and it was so good. Huge fan of your work. Hope it's added to Rotten Tomatoes". :laughga:

Writing to the RT staff that all of these reviews are missing could be helpful too: http://fandango.custhelp.com/app/ask 

We can also hack their RT accounts :oops:

Max Vandeburg
2 hours ago, OnionGirl said:

Apparently the critics need to add the reviews to RT themselves, so maybe we could find their accounts on social media and ask them to do it.

Apparently this is not how it happens. :noparty:

This guy below is a critic from Wall Street Journal (who gave 5 stars to the movie, btw) and that was his response when someone asked him to add:

In conclusion: RT is a big mess. :madge:

strangerthings
GagaUnderYou

As much as I love the movie it deserves like a 75-80% at most in my opinion. Lots of issues with the pacing of the film, random scenes slapped together. I find it slightly overrated, glad to see it doing well though and I appreciate the new music. 

Max Vandeburg
14 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

As much as I love the movie it deserves like a 75-80% at most in my opinion. Lots of issues with the pacing of the film, random scenes slapped together. I find it slightly overrated, glad to see it doing well though and I appreciate the new music. 

Totally respect your opinion, even though I strongly disagree. Btw, it's kind of ironic how the film managed to get more acclaim from expert critics - who have seen thousands of films in their entire careers - than from some monsters. Someone should write a thesis about that.

GagaUnderYou
3 minutes ago, Max Vandeburg said:

Totally respect your opinion, even though I strongly disagree. Btw, it's kind of ironic how the film managed to get more acclaim from expert critics - who have seen thousands of films in their entire careers - than from some monsters. Someone should write a thesis about that.

I think it's mainly because many critics are not used to Gaga's actual career, and we compare and search for the "Gaga" in her character of Ally. 

OnionGirl
48 minutes ago, Max Vandeburg said:

Apparently this is not how it happens. :noparty:

This guy below is a critic from Wall Street Journal (who gave 5 stars to the movie, btw) and that was his response when someone asked him to add:

In conclusion: RT is a big mess. :madge:

I think this is the case for “top” critics only, because I’ve emailed RT before and they said it’s up to the critic to submit the review or something like that.

Archived