Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

If ARTPOP was released in 2018?

jereve

Featured Posts

jereve

As an ambassador of ARTPOP, it is customary to discuss ARTPOP when a new era is emerging. So babes, what do you think if Gaga released ARTPOP in 2018. What do you think?

After months of not listening to the album, it still certainly is her most underappreciated album ever. It's still sounds fresh after years and its so exciting listening to it. I really think if she released ARTPOP today, it wouldve exploded after Arianas flop, Katy, Nicki, etc. It's just such an electrifying album plus the songs that i thought were once horrible, are now one of my top favorite from her discography.

What do u think gents and ladies? Lemme know

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

Vitleysingur

Jewels and Drugs will win both Song of the Year and Record of the Year:vegas:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Well, I wouldn't say Ariana, Katy or Nicki flopped. ARTPOP wasn't a flop neither. It certainly underperformed, but it was released after Gaga's peek in fame and success. Even if it sold twice as much, it would have been called a flop compared to BTW. Sweetener, Witness and Queen are great albums after all, and it's all that matters. To answer your question, ARTPOP would have sold the same amount of copies if it was released this year, maybe even less. Pop music is slowly dying, while rap and hip-hop is rising.

JohnnyVersace

While I love ARTPOP, music has already changed so much since, and it really does sound like an album that was produced 5 years ago. It's just a bit too heavy, and not as experimental-sounding now as it was then. 

Gagadonna
11 minutes ago, jereve said:

It's still sounds fresh after years and its so exciting listening to it.

This. Tbh, it’s her freshest record to date. If released today, it would have been huge. I understand now why some critics said it was ahead of its time. Such a masterpiece. 

A Very Gaga Holida
13 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

This. Tbh, it’s her freshest record to date. If released today, it would have been huge. I understand now why some critics said it was ahead of its time. Such a masterpiece. 

It sounded really dated in 2013. It's funny because it would do better now. Plus Gaga's reputation is way better now

15 minutes ago, SJAG said:

Well, I wouldn't say Ariana, Katy or Nicki flopped. ARTPOP wasn't a flop neither. It certainly underperformed, but it was released after Gaga's peek in fame and success. Even if it sold twice as much, it would have been called a flop compared to BTW. Sweetener, Witness and Queen are great albums after all, and it's all that matters. To answer your question, ARTPOP would have sold the same amount of copies if it was released this year, maybe even less. Pop music is slowly dying, while rap and hip-hop is rising.

Rap and hip hop is honestly became on of the most laziest music genres that are on mainstream right now, they sound like someone literally copy and pasted the same instrumental onto their work, act like an idiot, and becomes famous for it. If I know Gaga, she's never gonna become that :)

Disclamer, this isn't ALL rap/hip hop, just a large majority.

Just now, GagaInTheZone said:

It would flop harder. The music just isn't on the level of what Gaga can do

True, but did it really flop in the first place? :trollga:

Lucas
1 minute ago, DCgaga said:

True, but did it really flop in the first place? :trollga:

To Gaga's standards it flopped badly, to the industry's standards it did great

1 minute ago, GagaInTheZone said:

To Gaga's standards it flopped badly, to the industry's standards it did great

... ok I can't argue with that :ladyhaha:

Compared to Gaga's standards it DID under perform, although 90% of the artists today can only DREAM about having their album sales as high as ARTPOP's :oops:. Although I don't love the album as a whole (Jewels's N Drugs NEEDED to be replaced with Brooklyn Nights, what were they thinking? :lmao:) I love 80% of the songs on there. I hope LG6 is like a combination of all the music genres she's been most successful and know for on here, Pop, Electronic, Jazz, EDM, and maybe a few country songs on there for the "Feel good" effect :D

FfFfFfFF

It indeed aged good but still doesn't feel curent enough to say that it could be released nowadays, in its entirety.

Manicure, Jewels N Drugs, Do What U Want, Sexxx Dreams are the most fresh (and Dope since it is a timeless ballad). They fit into 2018 musical landscape.

Archived