šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Cosmopolitan: Ariana is our only hope for pop this year

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Thomas P
3 minutes ago, Lana Del Gay said:

We don't need a new pop saviour because Gaga is still alive and in the works of LG7Ā :ohwell:

Whereā€™s LG6?Ā :ohwell:

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

BlingNotTheMusic

I just need new Gaga music no more teasing posts, cryptic sh*t, OR studio pics.Ā :reductive:

Lana Del Gay
2 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Whereā€™s LG6?Ā :ohwell:

LMAO I got ahead of myself, I wouldn't complain if I got LG7Ā :ohwell:

Edit: There fixed itĀ 

Spoiler

:ohwell:

Ā 

That rah rah bitch

nikola
27 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

All of Sweetener's reviews really highlight how little theĀ music actually means to music critics. So much of it revolves around the star's image and the narrative they've carefully constructed and disseminated throughout the press over the course ofĀ the album's promotional cycle. Every review I've read has includedĀ lengthy paragraphs about the Manchester bombing and her relationships and her internet persona. It's less about whether theĀ songs are any good individually or whether they coalesce into a cohesive album and more about the story they want to tell about her life.

This time, Ariana'sĀ a liberated woman who's overcome trauma and found love, and therefore the album is good because that story is compelling. Back when ARTPOP was released, the narrative was that Gaga was a pretentious, conceited, unlikable divaĀ who hadĀ started taking herself too seriously, and because that story didn't work for them, they spent 3/4ths of their reviews bashing her personally only to tack onĀ a couple of sentencesĀ flippantly dismissing the music at the end, which is ultimatelyĀ what they were supposed to be reviewing.

This review claims that she's "pushing back atĀ standard pop norms." :saladga:What?!Ā Most of this album is super generic! Pharrell's been making the same beats for the past half-decade and hisĀ production sounds the same on every one of the tracks he messed with!Ā The only songs worth anything are the ones he didn't touch.Ā 

This sort of thing is so frustrating. I don't know, #JusticeforARTPOP I guess.

This this this...

I like Ariana but she is not pushing any boundariesĀ 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

RadioIsOurs
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Ariana makes cute bops but that's it. She doesn't push the envelope at all. Her music can keep us occupied for now but weĀ need a truly groundbreaking artist to come through soonĀ :poot:

I thought God is a Woman was groundbreaking on some level...I mean yeah even though it happened beforeĀ :reductive: it has still been a long time since a song can cause such religious controversy. The visuals on these last few videos were also far from basic.Ā 

Glamourpuss

I don't think Ariana's music is special enough for her to be the one to save pop but she's literally all we've got right now and I think that's the point the writer is trying to get across. Who else is making a decent pop song? They are all making rap, trap, tropical house or whatever. Ariana is the only one releasing classic pop like what we have all been used to and what most of us have been craving for. Her album might not be great but her singles are like a breath of fresh air. I'm not even a fan but I like GIAW and can appreciate that she didn't follow the herd and she did something different even if it is a bit generic and nothing groundbreaking.Ā 

Lady Gaga is our only hope right now and I think so many people haven't realised how **** music has become and I know Gaga is soon going to come back and change the world again.

In some ways, I agree. Ariana isn't necessarily the most interesting pop star to ever occur, but she makes good, fun pop music. In a time like this where top 40 is dominated by a little bit of the same old same old, I would not mind hearing good, fun pop music.

That said, I feel like a chunk of Sweetener is diluted to fit the mold of what is top 40 radio right now. It's not bad, it's just boring.

God Is a Woman is probably one of the most refreshing pop songs I've heard in a while. I was expecting more of that.

3 points in and ready for more

BUtterfield 8

Let me tell yā€™all somethingĀ 

Sweetener made AriĀ aĀ substantialĀ mainstream pop starĀ since Lady Gaga and no person (except for Gaga)Ā is even in sight

Sweetener is not just an album. It is a magnum opusĀ of pop art. ItsĀ esteem will only fortifyĀ with age.

oprah6.gif

C1trus

Ariana is the hope to keep pop music appearing in the top ten charts. I'll accept that. NTLC is a grower bop tbhĀ 

Ī¹'Š¼ ĻĻ…ā„“ā„“Ī¹Ī·g ŅÆĻƒĻ…я sтяĪ¹Ī·gs

Matangi
19 hours ago, nikola said:

This this this...

I like Ariana but she is not pushing any boundariesĀ 

y'all gotta realize that not everything is about pushinĀ boundaries and not all pop stars hope to push boundaries (though the best of them do). when u constantly wanna be a boundary pusher you end up making an album like ARTPOP that had relatively little substance but a massive mission statement. gagasĀ avant garde nature was best when it was most effortless.

River

Cosmopolitan: Pharrell is our only hope for pop this year

fixed it:huntyga:

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like

Archived