Star

Featured Posts

ROUND 2: RESULTS

Spoiler

@Mustang

IPper_AX_Imgur.jpg

@xokuba

xokuba_twitter_profile_xcx.png

Description: Here is Charli's twitter profile. The header and profile picture are in black and white colour scale, and the whole graphic looks very elegant and sexy. I used Charli's photoshoot for MAXIM in 2015. Her username is as the same as her professional name Charli XCX. The description of her profile says ''XCX girl in an XCX world'' referencing a song by singer Emilia called 'Big Big World'. The description means, that she is trapped (in a good way) in her own world. Under there is a link to her website. And as you can see, she is very active, because there are a lot of photos and tweets from studio, form shows and traveling. The pinned tweet is sort of confirmation of her work on her debut album. And the second tweet on the profile is just teasing lyrics from her song Stay Away.

@highlikegaga

wrlrla.jpg

@xoxo Human

Layot.png

@Florian

link issue, will be uploaded soon

@Kween

5_B5_EE34_B-75_B8-460_E-8_A68-61_A21_C1_

5_B5_EE34_B-75_B8-460_E-8_A68-61_A21_C1_

[spoiler]

Before I talk about creating these two social media layouts, I have to admit this was probably one of the most challenging projects I have done in Photoshop. I consider myself amateur, since I have been doing editing for just a year. It also probably was difficult to pull through because I didn’t find any interest in this particular challenge - That’s not meant to blame the host, @Star by the way. Anyway, while this challenge was hard for me and is definitely not one of my best projects, I think I managed to create some at least decent social media layouts.

I first started with Twitter, using the layout @Sunny gave us. First and foremost, I replaced every *insert name here* (I don’t know if there is any particular name for this process). I tried to identify the fonts used and if I’m not mistaken, they were Helvetica. If that’s not the case, I used Helvetica, which Is pretty close to the ones used for Twitter. I wanted to make sure I didn’t leave out any details, giving away the fact that this is not a real layout. Although I did my best, there must be some things I missed out on that you can pinpoint, since you’re more experienced. I also dropped little hints that I made this edit and that it is supposed to be Beyoncé’s Twitter (apart from the fact that you can see her username and pictures of her). For instance, in the bottom left, I put myself as the creator and one of the most popular hashtags was #LuckyNumber4, which is also The Carters’ lucky number. I then proceeded to create a banner and choose a profile picture. Since Beyoncé supposedly is a new artist, I thought of a random song title (Well actually she has released “Crazy In Love” & “Drunk In Love”, so that’s where my idea for the title “Fall In Love” came from), sorted out a single cover and “promoted” it on the banner. Selecting a profile photo was easier since I just picked a photo of her. Then, the only thing left to do is “post” a couple of things as Beyoncé. On the first tweet, I used one photo from the BTS of the “Hold Up” video, slightly edited and posted it as BTS footage from the upcoming music video for “Fall In Love”. For the second tweet, I announced the official release of the new song. That pretty much concludes how I worked on the Twitter layout.

For Facebook it was pretty much the same. Since we were not given any mockup layout to use, I searched on the web and found a pretty similar to the Twitter one layout. However, I should probably also add that it was lower quality, since I couldn’t find an HQ layout sample. Following this step, I pretty much applied the same “techniques” as I did for Twitter with some differences here and there.

This was my step-by-step analysis of my edits. Sorry in advance if my analysis was too long or if I have made any mistakes with the terminology and English rules in general - this is not my native language, so I guess you can understand. Anyway, I hope you like my edits I will happily take negative criticism as well because I’m looking forward to improving my editing skills in the future![/spoiler]

@Oriane

2_marilyn.png

I decided to keep the style I had for the last round, with the pink color and the vintage style. So for the profile pic I used a picture of her and put a pink background to have a kind of popart style, and I used the same color for the Twitter theme. For the header pic I used a Hollywood, glamorous pic and I painted some parts in red. I added some text to give a mysterious and dreamy vibe.

For the content, I tried to imagine what Marilyn would put on her social media account. For the Twitter bio I used a quote from her, and for the tweets I was inspired by some other things she said and tried to connect them to the album she’s going to release. I also used a few candids from her for the photos. And finally I showed some of her contemporaries in the Twitter feed and suggestions.

@Vojta

https://i.imgur.com/EobBfQt.jpg

@Leonardo Melim Sabatini

alliex.jpgalliextwitter.jpg

@Alecyon

66190578942313e99cf9f8420f537dc1ec900e430341975203403a964a4b0518c2f0d1008bf79834

@Queen of Venus

qffqc.png

@Lucas

marina_twitter.jpg

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Wow I've just been having fun looking at the results from this round and the round before. You are all so talented. I wouldn't even know where to start. 

12 minutes ago, xoxo Human said:

When are the results going to be posted? :vegas:

Inb4 they make a revenge and post them very late :cryga:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

highlikegaga

i withdraw from this.

Spoiler

wanted to do it ever since i've submitted my first entry (my lack of enthusiasm is shown on my work) so i do it now, before the comments for the second one from the jury are published, so people won't think i do it because of that and i'm bitter or whatever. 

i got super excited for this, but it turned out to be not what i signed up for and find it kinda pointless, since i have other things to do and can't fully be present with the tasks and time frame at hand. @Star 's been an amazing host.

i wish luck to all the contestants and may the best user win. :firega:  

Spoiler

@Sunny i didn't get your "English isn't your first language" critique from the first round since i don't see what it has to do with the Photoshop contest (where artistic vision and creativity are the things that are being judged and any language-related issues take a step backwards to let the art shine) and i can guarantee you that i copied everything from Wikipedia and none of it are my personal and actual sentences and words. (so, this is a mistake i made out of laziness and not out of lack of any knowledge of the English language.) Yet, i didn't see you coming for other entrees, which included grammatical and punctuation errors. (won't name names since it's beneath me.) Anyway, I have no ill regard towards you or any other judge, just wanted to point that out now, since i didn't get the chance to "defend" myself when your comments first got uploaded.

Oriane
2 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

i withdraw from this.

Hide contents

wanted to do it ever since i've submitted my first entry (my lack of enthusiasm is shown on my work) so i do it now, before the comments for the second one from the jury are published, so people won't think i do it because of that and i'm bitter or whatever. 

i got super excited for this, but it turned out to be not what i signed up for and find it kinda pointless, since i have other things to do and can't fully be present with the tasks and time frame at hand. @Star 's been an amazing host.

Reveal hidden contents

@Sunny i didn't get your "English isn't your first language" critique from the first round since i don't see what it has to do with the Photoshop contest (where artistic vision and creativity are the things that are being judged and any language-related issues take a step backwards to let the art shine) and i can guarantee you that i copied everything from Wikipedia and none of it are my personal and actual sentences and words. (So this is a mistake i made out of laziness and not out of lack of any knowledge of the English language.) Yet, i don't see you coming for other entrees which included grammatical and punctuation errors. (won't name names since it's beneath me.) Anyway, I have no ill regard towards you or any other judge, just wanted to point that out now, since i didn't get the chance to "defend" myself when your comments first got uploaded.

I thought your entry for this round was original, I'm sad to see you leave now ! I guess you have your reasons, I hope I can see you again in another game.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

053Timo
2 hours ago, highlikegaga said:

i withdraw from this.

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

@Sunny i didn't get your "English isn't your first language" critique from the first round since i don't see what it has to do with the Photoshop contest (where artistic vision and creativity are the things that are being judged and any language-related issues take a step backwards to let the art shine) and i can guarantee you that i copied everything from Wikipedia and none of it are my personal and actual sentences and words. (so, this is a mistake i made out of laziness and not out of lack of any knowledge of the English language.) Yet, i didn't see you coming for other entrees, which included grammatical and punctuation errors. (won't name names since it's beneath me.) Anyway, I have no ill regard towards you or any other judge, just wanted to point that out now, since i didn't get the chance to "defend" myself when your comments first got uploaded.

What did you expect?

23 hours ago, highlikegaga said:

i withdraw from this.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry to hear that you are dropping out. I hope the next time if you participate it is different. What did you expect? Just asking as user opinions are important. Were you thinking it was more just random challenges than "debuting" an artist?

When I first read the introduction, it felt unconnected to me. Reading it again, I can understand. I guess it was more aimed at the description than the grammar aspect. The graphic design was the main aspect that was judged, and bad introductions brought down the result by maybe 0.5 to 1 point. As far as I know, I've judged other uses' typing as well. I hope you don't have hard feelings :sara:

I like dancin', and ponies....

Archived