Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Celebrities not being serious about their “bisexuality”

Regina George

Featured Posts

lost in limbo

Honestly you're part of the reason I have a fear on the back of my mind of saying I'm bi simply bc I only find women attractive casually and would never date. I still can get aroused by women, doesn't make me any less bi.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
Just now, lost in limbo said:

So he just decided to hold it bc he wanted to. Right. Bc he couldn't just have holded the Pride flag. And besides, doubting someone's sexuality isn't a really correct thing to do.

Angelina has dated Jenny Shimizu and even after they ended she kept saying she was bisexual for many years. If it was "just a phase" would she still claim to be attracted to femme and manly women and femme and manly men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Shimizu

https://www.pinterest.pt/pin/146648531594006784/

https://www.liveabout.com/angelina-jolie-bisexual-actress-2171480

I just mentioned few celebrities for God’s sake... Also that Harry Styles thing you said :saladga:

lost in limbo
Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

I just mentioned few celebrities for God’s sake... Also that Harry Styles thing you said :saladga:

oh poor you. also how about you try and pinpoint why what I said is wrong.

Guest Adarsh
16 minutes ago, Kimblue said:

You are going to get dragged, but I agree. It’s curious that Gaga referees to herself as  ally now.

Because she literally is Ally in ASIB? :what:

Luzaleja

I understand where you are coming from, but as a bisexual woman myself I don't feel okay doubting other people's bisexuality. I'm in the closet, and people in my close social circle have never seen me dating anyone, though I have, but to the few that I have come out, they have doubted me because they've never seen me with a woman. They have no problem thinking I'm straight although they've also never seen me dating a man. The few gay friends I had some years ago doubted my bisexuality because they had only seen me dating women, and not men. It's hurtful when people do that to me, so I can't do it to others, even if they are celebrities. I feel if I support the doubting of others bisexuality, then how can I ask others to believe me.

If some celebrities have used the bisexual label to seem hip and cool, then that's on them. I hope they reconsider and stop doing it. But I won't doubt the few that have come out as bisexual because I've never seen them with someone of their same sex. 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, lost in limbo said:

Honestly you're part of the reason I have a fear on the back of my mind of saying I'm bi simply bc I only find women attractive casually and would never date. I still can get aroused by women, doesn't make me any less bi.

What the hell are you even talking about? After all of my explaining what I meant and what is the actual topic of the thread? Like can you be objective at all? 

lost in limbo
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

What the hell are you even talking about? After all of my explaining what I meant and what is the actual topic of the thread? Like can you be objective at all? 

There's a thing called "internalized biphobia". Your logic here is that bc they haven't been with someone of the same gender or bc they were with someone a long ago, that means they're not bi. That logic is hurtful and tbh the fact you're playing the victim is ironic.

AlexanderMagno

Well, despite what fans say, the lgbt community has always been a target for popular stars. If lgbt embrace you, you've climbed the first step. From then, it's the radio and then general audience. It's marketing, it's actually something studied. Luckily , not only lgbt have an immense power as music listeners, they are also, paradoxly, quite close minded and make the best stans in the world by believing every nice word a pop star tells them (no offense to those who don't blindly follow someone).

So, by default,  it's always really hard to know who's being honest about his/her sexuality, because reaching the lgbt community is part of the definition of pop music. And because it defines it, it's almost pointless to discuss it.

Regina George

There's a thing called "internalized biphobia". Your logic here is that bc they haven't been with someone of the same gender or bc they were with someone a long ago, that means they're not bi. That logic is hurtful and tbh the fact you're playing the victim is ironic.

Read all of my replies. I said like 10 times I don’t think someone is obligated to date anyone for them to identify as bisexual. Also I never said “if you have been with someone long ago you are not bisexual”. I said if you kiss a girl in university or in music video - that doesn’t make you bisexual or gay or anything because it’s the fact. You taking offense after all I said is just out of this world and you should take some time to think about what I wrote. Like it or not some celebrities have used it for popularity and they even confessed of doing it and that is the main reason i made this thread. 

Regina George
3 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Well, despite what fans say, the lgbt community has always been a target for popular stars. If lgbt embrace you, you've climbed the first step. From then, it's the radio and then general audience. It's marketing, it's actually something studied. Luckily , not only lgbt have an immense power as music listeners, they are also, paradoxly, quite close minded and make the best stans in the world by believing every nice word a pop star tells them (no offense to those who don't blindly follow someone).

So, by default,  it's always really hard to know who's being honest about his/her sexuality, because reaching the lgbt community is part of the definition of pop music. And because it defines it, it's almost pointless to discuss it.

This is all I’m trying to say and what this thread is about. 

lost in limbo

Read all of my replies. I said like 10 times I don’t think someone is obligated to date anyone for them to identify as bisexual. Also I never said “if you have been with someone long ago you are not bisexual”. I said if you kiss a girl in university or in music video - that doesn’t make you bisexual or gay or anything because it’s the fact. You taking offense after all I said is just out of this world and you should take some time to think about what I wrote. Like it or not some celebrities have used it for popularity and they even confessed of doing it and that is the main reason i made this thread. 

But what's the point? Why can't people identify however they want to. As for the marketing ploy, I agree with @AlexanderMagno that we can't know for sure who does it and who doesn't bc it's like shooting in the dark. So this thread is pointless and only serves to cause drama and discussion.

Also I am SO sorry that I got offended bc of smth regarding my sexuality. You're obviously the victim here.

elijahfan

These people literally have nothing to prove to you or to anyone :triggered:

And maybe you think this is cool - sorry to burst your bubble, but many people in this world still think that any form of same-sex relationship is a deviancy, so whatever you say, it is still brave for any high-profile person to publicly acknowledge this side of themselves.

Regina George

But what's the point? Why can't people identify however they want to. As for the marketing ploy, I agree with @AlexanderMagno that we can't know for sure who does it and who doesn't bc it's like shooting in the dark. So this thread is pointless and only serves to cause drama and discussion.

Also I am SO sorry that I got offended bc of smth regarding my sexuality. You're obviously the victim here.

Causing discussions is actually the point of forums and threads you know? I don’t think it’s pointless because I wanted to see your points of view and all I got is you calling me “biphobic” - and it’s kinda funny because I’ve been in this forum for a long time and I’m a fan of someone who released “Born This Way”. Again there is no reason for you to be offended because there’s nothing to be offended about. I mentioned celebrities using it for publicity and it’s the fact. It has nothing to do with actual people who are actually bisexual. Sorry if I offended you tho. I just think you assumed my view on the topic. 

Regina George
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

These people literally have nothing to prove to you or to anyone :triggered:

And maybe you think this is cool - sorry to burst your bubble, but many people in this world still think that any form of same-sex relationship is a deviancy, so whatever you say, it is still brave for any high-profile person to publicly acknowledge this side of themselves.

Never said it’s cool to me, all I said is that it’s considered controversial and IN when celebrities say it. Never said someone has to prove anything and for 10 time I say: that is not the topic. Topic is people saying it to get respect from LGBT people like some of them already did and confessed of doing it. 

But go of. 

lost in limbo

Causing discussions is actually the point of forums and threads you know? I don’t think it’s pointless because I wanted to see your points of view and all I got is you calling me “biphobic” - and it’s kinda funny because I’ve been in this forum for a long time and I’m a fan of someone who released “Born This Way”. Again there is no reason for you to be offended because there’s nothing to be offended about. I mentioned celebrities using it for publicity and it’s the fact. It has nothing to do with actual people who are actually bisexual. Sorry if I offended you tho. I just think you assumed my view on the topic. 

By discussions I mean the bad kind but go off I guess :trollga: Wow, I've seen homophobic, racist, sexist and transphobic people here on this forum but sure you can't be biphobic bc you're a fan of someone who released Born This Way :trollga: So sorry I have witnessed biphobia on the internet and feel insecure about my sexuality. Lol normally assuming someone's view is all you can do with the things you have on hand. I don't live with you or talk with you 24/7 so I can't know what's going on your mind lol.

Archived