💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Travis vs Nicki “We Have a Winner!”

Arturo

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Gaga’s never stooped to Nickis level of desperation to get her album to #1. Move along. 

wasnt born this way $1.99 for its release week

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiendman
1 minute ago, Ugly Boy said:

I think it was 99c, right? 😂 My god that feels like a hundred years ago, having Katy stans attacking us because the album was so cheap. 🙈

freebit
4 minutes ago, Ugly Boy said:

IIRC Amazon did that on their own to promote their new service & made up the difference. It's different from adding a successful feature to the album in the middle of release week (in addition to doing tour & merch bundles).

BLACKOUTbritney
10 minutes ago, Ugly Boy said:

Yep however over 800k were full priced sales. A discount is kinda desperate. A discount, free tidal downloads (to secure a certification), tour bundles, merch bundles and adding feature a song to increase streams is by far the most desperate opening week we’ve literally ever seen by an artist to go #1. And she still most likely didn’t get it. 

Just now, BLACKOUTbritney said:

Yep however over 800k were full priced sales. A discount is kinda desperate. A discount, free tidal downloads (to secure a certification) tour bundles, merch bundles and adding feature a song to increase streams is by far the most desperate opening week we’ve literally ever seen by an artist to go #1. And she still most likely didn’t get it. 

for a nicki hater you seem very invested in what she is doing

BLACKOUTbritney
Just now, Ugly Boy said:

for a nicki hater you seem very invested in what she is doing

Cool, just discredit everything I said because you don’t have a rebuttal. By that logic I’m also a Gaga hater because I said discounts are desperate? As someone who enjoys tracking chart data, yes, I am very interested in what artists do to try and maximise sales first week. And I’m sorry, but your fave really went low this time and still missed. 

Cool, just discredit everything I said because you don’t have a rebuttal. By that logic I’m also a Gaga hater because I said discounts are desperate? As someone who enjoys tracking chart data, yes, I am very interested in what artists do to try and maximise sales first week. And I’m sorry, but your fave really went low this time and still missed. 

a rebuttal to what exactly

i never said nicki wasn't desperate , i wasn't even talking about her , all i said was that born this way was $1 

BLACKOUTbritney
Just now, Ugly Boy said:

a rebuttal to what exactly

i never said nicki wasn't desperate , i wasn't even talking about her , all i said was that born this way was $1 

You were trying to compare 2 situations that are on completely different levels of desperation. So I gave you examples of what amazon/Gaga did vs nicki. And all you could say was that I’m a hater :rip: 

You were trying to compare 2 situations that are on completely different levels of desperation. So I gave you examples of what amazon/Gaga did vs nicki. And all you could say was that I’m a hater :rip: 

all i said was that born this way was a dollar i wasn't trying to instigate anything i was just pointing it out i-

DiscoHeaven23

Happy for Travis!

But, Minaj will find a way for Billboard to make her get the #1 album

mark my words. 

TropicOfCANCER
30 minutes ago, Ugly Boy said:

No, it was 99 cents. And it was 99 cents from the get-go, not midweek when she realized it wasn’t going to debut #1. Oh, and it still solid over 600k at full price. Nicki can’t relate. 

lost in limbo

Nicki already running to call two sex offenders so NM5 will go #1

giphy.gif

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

18 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

No, it was 99 cents. And it was 99 cents from the get-go, not midweek when she realized it wasn’t going to debut #1. Oh, and it still solid over 600k at full price. Nicki can’t relate. 

but nicki went #1 in 85 countries

Aga Gydal
43 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

The point is, artists and labels do stuff like this all the time in different forms, and attacking her by calling her desperate is both naive and hypocritical considering your fave literally sold an album for a dollar to claim a million seller. Hell, she scrapped single plans at least twice because she wanted to chart better. This is just the business, and it’s clear that people here have a personal issue with Nicki as opposed to the practice. 

Archived