💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When I first heard Joanne I...

monster4life231

Featured Posts

monketsharona

I liked it but not loved it... I got bored of it very fast (which didn't happened with the other albums). I just found that pop / folk didn't really fit to her that well (and I'm loving that kind of music actually, my favorite singer is Amy Macdonald) 

But yeah I totally respect her for showing another side of her talent for that era. Even if I didn't really click, I get her point :) 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was super shook at the sound difference and just omg I'm listening to new Gaga music I'm gonna sh*t myself lmao. Listened to it non-stop for a while tho, barely skipping song

joannesrats

It was immediately one of my favorite albums of hers, only competing with ARTPOP (ironic considering the difference in sound). I was so proud that she was putting out music with such a different sound than what people were going to be expecting of her, and I loved every second of it. I have the CD in my car and I listen to it almost daily, I'm afraid that I'm going to wear that CD out 

Sassy McSass

I loved it. I just knew it was gonna become my favorite Gaga album. And I thought the song “Joanne” was the most beautiful thing Gaga had ever created. (It ended up becoming even more important to me because of actual loss in rl, so I don’t know how, but this just came for me at the right time and I’ll never forget it). :kara:

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

LordEnigma

I was excited like usual.

I still enjoy some songs but I can’t make it through a whole listen. There’s just something missing maybe 1-3 more bangers would have enhanced the experience for me.

Mr Mirko

When I 1st heard Joanne I was... disappointed to be honest, because of the direction she took not because of the quality beauty and soul of the record. I was sad since she tweeted that she will quit pop music. I know we should not take them seriously but it happenned, DANCIN IN CIRCLES brought funk in me (when gaga song starts)

one thing is what I want, and the other reality ... well

I was more under the influence of Solange, Lady WOOD was there at the time truee boops

stil when I go back to Joanne, it's so mellow you hear that she has grown so the fanbase is, COME TO MAMA it's such a life philosophy, ANGEL DOWN omg so many songs

when I first listened to Joanne it really put the light over the Perfect Illusion which I don't like after almost 2y :bye:

TheLameMonster

When I first listened to Joanne I

honestly, listened all the way to PI and I stopped and said “this album is scheiße.mp3,” and honestly I was stupid for saying this cause I wasn’t expecting a country-inspired album from an electronic singer, I wasn’t a big fan when Joanne was released, maybe that’s why. In March of 2017 I listened to Joanne all the way through, and I fell in love with it. The greatest album I have listened to. I knew I had a connection to each song now that I listened to it again, and that’s why I love it. When Gagz Joanne PV, I would cry a lot because the song is so emotional, the era is about to end, and mainly because this album has impacted me in a very huge way. So, I love Joanne with all my heart. â€ïžđŸ‘’

xoxo joanne ❀

I’m not flawless but I got a diamond heart

JohnWayne97

It was magical.. It's my first Gaga's album that in the moment I was just about to listen to it for the first time I thought " I will remember this forever" because I've became a suporter only since pre-Perfect Illusion. I love Joanne. It is raw but it's fresh. No doubt it was very well planned, but at the same time it's the most honest work done by Gaga.. Her vocals are the most beautiful. 

holy scheisse

Well... I noticed the vocals. More raw than the other albums. Featured the power of her voice, but also felt like opportunities for harmonies and vocal layerings were passed on. I thought that it was a bold move for her and that she somehow retained a sense of modern despite sounding nostalgic at the same time. I felt emotional presence in Joanne, PI, Dancing in Circles?, And Milli Reasons. Overall, felt it was a welcomed change but ultimately not as hard hitting as I had hoped. I found myself wanting more PI, and less AYO.

A Hybrid

“Omg, that’s Matt Helders on the first track!”

No family’s safe when I sashay

crisTEAne

(1) liked it and was pleasantly surprised;

(2) had to re-listen to the songs a few times because not much stuck immediately (which made me sad);

(2) didn't expect sinner's prayer and just another day to be my go-to joanne songs. but they are.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Ziggy
3 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I always felt ASIB is for Joanne's lovers and LG6 will be for The Fame to ARTPOP lovers

Those who liked both well, lucky ones lol 

Yay me hehehehe

Ziggy

I really loved it. I wasn’t sure what to expect entirely based on hearing PI, MR and A-YO (all of which I liked or loved). I remember Sinner’s Prayer was my favorite from the get-go and remains as such for the verses specifically and vibe. I was bored a bit by Hey Girl and *did* think it sounded like Benny and the Jets in production (I love it now). I thought Diamond Heart was lacking a bit (pop rock isn’t really my thing and DH is very much that). And I was taken aback by how frank she was with Angel Down. That really took me.

I could give a track-by-track reaction but those were the biggest notes for me.

Monster7

I loved every single song, especially DIC and MR (and I loved PI for the first time, till then the song was just a ok for me)

Spoiler

Every song, except Sinner's prayer:green:

Archived