💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Straight actor to play first gay character in Disney film, faces backlash

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Scathach
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

Do you really think the creators didn’t know he was gay? Just because you come out to the world doesn’t mean you haven’t come out to others :oops:

That’s possible as we can’t know if they knew or not. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sexclusive said:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what orientation you are. If you're a good ACTOR THAT'S ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER.

I agree, but if they're trying to make this big 'first gay character' statement and support the gay community don't you think they could pick someone from that community :oops: It's not like there's a shortage of gay actors lol

I'm also afraid this is going to become a montage of gay stereotypes. I cringed when they described his role as "campy" :oprah:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

fabuIesque
3 minutes ago, Scathach said:

I literally don’t since I was taking about casting since the beginning but go off I guess 

NO! You didn't explicitly say anything about that at all. You should've maybe explained it I guess so EVERYONE COULD UNDERSTAND YOUR IDEAS! Either way your logic ****in sucks....

LordEnigma
1 minute ago, Sexclusive said:

NO! You didn't explicitly say anything about that at all. You should've maybe explained it I guess so EVERYONE COULD UNDERSTAND YOU'RE IDEAS! Either way your logic ****in sucks....

Ok don’t be mean about it - they aren’t being disrespectful to you.

Keep it cute

fabuIesque
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

Ok don’t be mean about it - they aren’t being didrespectful to you.

Keep it cute

oops! sorry its who i am, when i argue i get dirty

Reality
4 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

I am disgusted with people being angry at this. The point of being an actor is to pretend to be someone you're not.

7 minutes ago, Sexclusive said:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what orientation you are. If you're a good ACTOR THAT'S ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER.

While I agree with both of you, this does bring up a question of "Okay, where do we draw the line?" Because if we're looking at this objectively, then white actors should be able to play black actors' roles, or Asians, or Latinos, etc., and we know that sometimes that's not the right thing to do—especially if the role is important or ties in cultural to a specific race.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

StarstruckIllusion
23 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

MV5BMjMxNjE1OTk0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY1

ezgif-5-051bed6d04.gif

Colton is quaking :ladyhaha:

EDIT: From diff angles the gay face fades. Maybe he’s bi lmao. He kinda cute tho 

GettyImages-484635978-650x423.jpg

Scathach
1 minute ago, Sexclusive said:

NO! You didn't explicitly say anything about that at all. You should've maybe explained it I guess so EVERYONE COULD UNDERSTAND YOU'RE IDEAS! Either way your logic ****in sucks....

I literally wrote gay actors struggle to get roles  if you can’t read it’s not my problem.

Conitnue to live in your bubble I guess.

fabuIesque
Just now, Scathach said:

I literally wrote gay actors struggle to get roles  if you can’t read it’s not my problem.

Conitnue to live in your bubble I guess.

Sis I can read, I don't know if you can listen though

Everybody in Hollywood struggles to get roles, it's the struggle of being an actor. Just because their gay doesn't mean it's why they aren't getting roles. Same applied if they were straight, bi, trans, or anything else.

ferretti

This is always bad. Let’s only allow gay actors play gay roles? No thanks. Can’t have it both ways. 

disco stick tester, inquire within

Scathach
Just now, Sexclusive said:

Sis I can read, I don't know if you can listen though

Everybody in Hollywood struggles to get roles, it's the struggle of being an actor. Just because their gay doesn't mean it's why they aren't getting roles. Same applied if they were straight, bi, trans, or anything else.

Yeah what I said, enjoy living in your bubble.

LadyLuca
11 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

That's. Not. How. Discrimination. Works.

And don't say no one cares, stop silencing people who take issue with things you're too comfortable to have to care about. Bad look.

sry but "stop silencing?" I wont make Gay community look silly because of this nonesence. There is literally no problem here. Nobody is against gays. They choose a dude to play a character who happens to be gay. So what?

Seriously. An actor is a person who usually plays someone who he or she himself is not. that their job.

What simply happens here is people trying to make a problem where no problem is and this is a dangerous thing. For you me recognizing the "thing" would be ignorant, but for me enhancing this "nothing" is insulting because of how whiney gay people are portraited. This is some " oh my gosh betty, they put sugar in my coffee eventhough I said no sugar pls,- do you think they wanted to have control over my body, betty? They are bodyshaming...also they are discriminating"

Its just random.

PUT THINGS IN CONTEXT: also look at what others have to deal with in their DAILY lives and then some poeple who have no problems or want to have some to make them intresting come up with this.

In conclusion I think we look at this topic with diffent perpectives and I think we wont come to the same agreement here. For you I may be ignorant and for me you might be taking step backwards in the seriousnes of gay problems and how we are looked at. 

PoshLife
11 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

I am disgusted with people being angry at this. The point of being an actor is to pretend to be someone you're not.

Do you really hold the profession of acting above all other things, such as achieving fair representation of minority groups in popular culture? Like, why does the definition of "acting" matter more than that to you?

PoshLife
Just now, LadyLuca said:

What simply happens here is people trying to make a problem where no problem is and this is a dangerous thing. For you me recognizing the "thing" would be ignorant, but for me enhancing this "nothing" is insulting because of how whiney gay people are portraited. This is some " oh my gosh betty, they put sugar in my coffee eventhough I said no sugar pls,- do you think they wanted to have control over my body, betty? They are bodyshaming...also they are discriminating"

sis is u okay

Archived