💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why does Gaga have issues with streaming?

ARTPOPSTER

Featured Posts

ryanripley
Just now, hausofcy said:

She doesn’t need it tbh. The only sad thing about her streaming power is that she won’t be getting a number 1 single easily. Her pure sales are still massive in comparison to other artists. Her label also doesn’t mind since they’re getting their coin. I think that’s why they’re not pushing her to become a streaming artist. 

they need to because sales are literally dead :emma:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
adamsenigma

1. Spotify started getting popular by 2013/14 when Gaga was underperforming.

2. Gaga and her team doesn't really seem to care about streaming.

3. Gaga's recent music is not commercial or appealing to the GP so they won't stream something they don't like. "The Cure" was Gaga going back to her synthpop roots and it did fairly well becoming one of Gaga's most streamed songs in just like 3 months with almost no promo. Imagine if she really invested on it, it could've had smashed or at least it would've been Top 20 or 15.

If Gaga wants to step her game up, streaming is the most logical way. Besides, she really needs to work on her visuals and I hope we get more videos and controversy for LG6.

hausofcy
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

they need to because sales are literally dead :emma:

They are but gaga still manages to pull great numbers just by pure sales. These make up her bad streaming numbers in comparison to other artists + she’s a touring force so they still make tons of money off her. But yeah it would still be nice to see her streaming power grow tho but that was just my thought on why they’re not pushing her hard on streaming

🇬🇷

DrewbieDoo

It also doesn't help that most of her fanbase listen to songs of hers that can't be streamed since they're not officially released :derpga: So those numbers may just be based on the GP

Sepsami
1 hour ago, baptism said:

The Cure actually did well considering it wasn't a single and got just about no promotion. I think this next era will pop off. It's just annoying that image music is popular right now, and people listen to music to bolster their own image more so than to actually enjoy it at the moment. 

I'm pretty sure it was a single without a video, like DWUW :ohwell:

baptism
13 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

I'm pretty sure it was a single without a video, like DWUW :ohwell:

then is it really a single? lol did it even get sent to radio

Reality

The problem isn't necessarily her, or her team really. I think the "problem" is that she just hasn't released songs are can get a lot of play time on streaming services. The Cure actually did very well considering it literally had 0 promotion, but it did well because it was a radio-friendly song. As much as I love Joanne, that album was just not made for the radio: it just wasn't a GP-friendly song. 

If LG6 is more GP-friendly—which I have a feeling it might be—I think she'll do well in streaming. 

🃏🖤👹

Togekiss
4 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

No Beyoncé does really contribute to the songwriting process of most of her songs. For example, in the case of Formation, the original songwriters sent her the hook and the chorus, and she wrote the verses herself.

According to who, Beyoncé?

She didn’t even carry her own children lmao not that there’s anything wrong with that but don’t lie about it smh

bring on that pecan pie

Chickens in Malibu
11 hours ago, Togekiss said:

According to who, Beyoncé?

She didn’t even carry her own children lmao not that there’s anything wrong with that but don’t lie about it smh

There you go:

https://pitchfork.com/news/66577-rae-sremmurds-swae-lee-came-up-with-beyonces-formation-concept-mike-will-made-it-says/

"Although Beyoncé wrote new verses for the song, she built around the central mantra."

You can bet it was Beyoncé who wrote "Y'all haters corny with that illuminati mess" :ladyhaha:

Archived