đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

1st ASIB box-office tracking $25 - $35 million

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss
2 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

Their tracking actually has it within range of opening at No. 1! A Star is Born’s high range is $35 million (OP’s title is incorrect), while Venom’s low range is $30 million.

fixed it. thanks 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asana15
12 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Venom is a superhero, high-budget movie. $25M is IMPRESSIVE for ASIB, while $40M is just okay for Venom

I'm not arguing with this. All I'm saying is that it looks like the Venom will take the weekend as of today. No need for condescending.

Arturo

If someone can find some old Tom Hardy tweets and get the ball rolling on ending Venom that’d be great

1 hour ago, Arturo said:

If someone can find some old Tom Hardy tweets and get the ball rolling on ending Venom that’d be great

Anyone working on the film tbh y’all can try the director, a co-star, head of marvel, who knows!

Delusional Aura
3 hours ago, joeymonda said:

$25-$35 is an amazing opening weekend especially with its low budget. 

It's not low budget :saladga:. Don't million reasons this movie please :triggered:

JohnWayne92

As someone who is a pretty big boxoffice follower, this makes sense to me. We are all sitting here looking at it as, "omg gaga, the gp like her, but they dont LOVE her." No one is looking at this from a film standpoint. 

Bradley is a huge name on his own, and that trailer was đź‘Ś

Its definitely geared towards female audiences, but it's also gonna be an interest for award season followers as well. With oscar buzz surrounding it already, those people are definitely going to be seeing it. 

Venom looks like a trash super hero...villain film, so I can see most of the male audience going for it, but unlike other Marvel films, this doesn't seem to be pandering to the masses. So, it's great that the female audience have a film to see that weekend. 

I'm just glad it's coming out before Halloween, the film, because that's what's gonna dominate the rest of October. 

TropicOfCANCER
3 hours ago, Miracle said:

Oscar-nominated / movies with similar audiences  (and award-winning) first week opening box offices:

La La Land.  $9,242,782

Shape of Water:  $3,000,490

Moulin Rouge: $13,718,306

Get Out (huge box office success): $33,377,060

Black Swan: $8,383,479

Midnight in Paris: $5,830,723

Shakespeare In Love: $4,224,426 (more if adjusted)

Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again: $34,952,180

Mamma Mia!:  $27,751,240

Silver Linings Playbook: $4,079,314

Many of those had limited opening weeks (nyc and LA only) before expanding to wide release in following weeks, hence the lower numbers. 

I just realized that they have a lot of potential factors and areas to advertise to a wider audience. Like, if I weren't a Gaga fan or even a general fan of films, I would be highly curious of Dave Chappelle acting in a serious, dramatic role.

3 points in and ready for more

Monsterish

This prediction is amazing :woot:  I mean basically the movie is doing her budget in 1 week, wow... 

Anyway, what does it mean domestic box office? WW box office? :oprah:

androiduser
4 hours ago, Monsterious said:

the 117M is for the full week or what? 

whaaat, we wish! LOL , no, that's the prediction for the entire run in the US theaters

monketsharona

I feel like with ASIB it will be a hit or a miss in terms of box office, just my feeling

Arturo
2 hours ago, JohnWayne92 said:

As someone who is a pretty big boxoffice follower, this makes sense to me. We are all sitting here looking at it as, "omg gaga, the gp like her, but they dont LOVE her." No one is looking at this from a film standpoint. 

Bradley is a huge name on his own, and that trailer was đź‘Ś

Its definitely geared towards female audiences, but it's also gonna be an interest for award season followers as well. With oscar buzz surrounding it already, those people are definitely going to be seeing it. 

Venom looks like a trash super hero...villain film, so I can see most of the male audience going for it, but unlike other Marvel films, this doesn't seem to be pandering to the masses. So, it's great that the female audience have a film to see that weekend. 

I'm just glad it's coming out before Halloween, the film, because that's what's gonna dominate the rest of October. 

I was thinking the same

JevyDuty

If ASIB performs above it's initial estimated value, does she get paid more? or was her salary for a medium budget film it?

Madam Margolyes
1 hour ago, Yvi Monster said:

This prediction is amazing :woot:  I mean basically the movie is doing her budget in 1 week, wow... 

Anyway, what does it mean domestic box office? WW box office? :oprah:

Domestic box office means from US and Canada only, whereas worldwide box office means domestic + international.

Archived