Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga never pushed any boundaries

Notget

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, HauntingHollow said:

that is exactly the point, she brought things back, she did not bring anything new, i kinda agree with the OP 

educate yourself

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol can we stop with all these insults? its his opinion. no need to spread negativity. just leave a comment why you believe that she pushed the boundaries of pop music. 

mods? 

mariomania1234
16 minutes ago, HauntingHollow said:

that is exactly the point, she brought things back, she did not bring anything new, i kinda agree with the OP 

In ART, nothing is truly original or new. It's all regurgitation of old things and inspirations. It doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's all how it's executed, retold, and put together, thus making something new. And Gaga did it better than any of peers IMO. 

Mirages

She literally made EDM mainstream, she's worn a meat dress, she bled to death on stage, had the first number song to feature words like gay and bi, Bad Romance made her most VMAs nominated and awarded female in just one night, she had literally someone puke on her on stage, but go ahead and call her basic I guess... 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

reading some of the answers, i found out that the last people who pushed any boundaries were in antiquity

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

GypsyBabe

I didn’t want to reply and bump this ridiculous thread but someone else did. 

You can literally read anything about her and see where she pushed the boundaries of performance, music, and art as well as their intersection. 

Even if you think that she is unoriginal and generic, as the OP seems to, she still was innovative in her interpretations and brought previously overlooked concepts to the mainstream. In her career she has pushed boundaries and taken risks that her peers have not. 

⚯͛

29 minutes ago, HauntingHollow said:

If you're working by this logic, no one in entertainment could ever be innovative. Who do you consider to be innovative in music then?

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

monketsharona

Gaga sat a deeply euro dance influenced pop music right after TF.

The fact Gaga, RedOne and Akon had to beg radios all around the world to play JD just means how much that kind of music wasn't trendy at that time.

SlaeUrAnus
52 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Well you're opinion is objectively wrong.

She brought electronic music back to america.

She reinvigorated music videos, so much so that her peers all stepped up their game

She brought back performance art in pop performances.

She created a pop fashion aesthetic that ALL her peers litterally aped from her in the early 2010's.

DQr_z-uU8AEtZKs.jpg

She was at the forefront in aiding LGBTQ acceptance when she debuted.

She Infused Tech with fashion

The list goes on and on. Now shoo.

Clock ha

In my messy era.

djBuffoon

Even from just a musical standpoint, she has essayed pop, rock, country, jazz, musical theatre, experimental, the list goes on... and has done them all to acclaim. No one else's fave could ever.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived