MaryJaneHolland
16 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Maybe because she doesn't want to broke her hips againĀ :oops:

How will she break it?Ā :huntyga:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

According to ~twitter insiders~ (Gaga stans, not anyone from the comic book realm so take with giant grain of salt) she was up for Lady Blackhawk - who is mostly a side character & is pilot to the Birds of Prey. If that was true I'd turn it down too. Why would you getĀ Lady Gaga to play aĀ glorified chauffeur?Ā  (Even if Lady Blackhawk is cute andĀ beloved). I think it might have been a nice littleĀ boost to her popularity & wallet, but at the same time everything I've read about the Birds of Prey movie makes it sound like it might become a B-list type of project - like I heard the studio wantsĀ Blake Lively for a role, as well as Alex Daddario for Huntress (Natasha from Gaga's season of AHS), but Huntress is a WOC in newer incarnations allegedly (I know nothing about the newer comics), so that'sĀ kind of asking for twitter & media lashings IMO. Plus Batgirl/Barbra Gordon, who basically the Professor X figure & founder of Birds of Prey isn't even in this movie. They also have a smaller budget. I think Margot obviously has the guts to make interesting choices, but superhero movies have so many cooks in the kitchen to override said interesting choices & get in the way. Plus:

10 hours ago, ryanripley said:

thank god, these contracts could have her bound for years

^I can totallyĀ see this as the main reason for her not being into it.Ā 

Ziggy

while it would be cool to see her in the birds of prey, she probably didn't want to do it/couldn't do it because she's busy as all hell and these are typically multi-picture contracts so she'd have something to work around for *years*

Scathach
2 hours ago, ManilaMonster said:

Really? The Dark Knight Trilogy, BvS, Wonder Woman, Batman Returns, Man Of Steel says hi.Ā 

And I say bye especially the horrible BvS

Reality
7 hours ago, CannaeDrive said:

Such a wise choice.Ā She better stay far far away from all those lame superheros flicks and other comic book sh!t, that would bring nothing to her career.

"Lame superhero flicks?" "other comic book sh*t?" :interestinga:

šŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

homomo
11 hours ago, jinko said:

Wasn't there a rumor (or was it a legit interview? Idk) where Stan Lee said he wants Gaga in the MCU? Maybe she's waiting on thatĀ :huntyga: sis knows where the money is

Yeah, I think she was mentioned to play Mystique or something.

13 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I've always wanted Gaga to play some sort of a super hero, I- :huntyga:

I wonder why she turned it down :triggered:

She prefers MarvelĀ :staymad:

Ā 

lost in limbo

GAGA AS BLACK CANARY WAS MY DREAM LET ME JUST CRY

But the DCEU is a mess so maybe it was for the best

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

RahrahWitch

It's a nice opportunity but ultimately aĀ side character like this (Lady Blackhawk)Ā is not the right choice. If she was a Main Villain/Hero that'd be great.

Tyler1992

Iā€™m glad she turned it down because the DCU has had one bad movie after another. Iā€™d rather her wait for a role in the MCU so she can play Dazzler!

giskardsb

These movies are mostly glorified ensemble bit parts with no character development. Ā The pop music of the movie scene, all flash little substance except in rare cases. Ā Gaga can afford to be picky, she doesnā€™t need just any role.Ā 

Saint Laurent

Obvs turned it down because she wants Marvel instead (who have already shown interest in her).

I'dĀ loveĀ to see her establish herself as an actress more, win/be nominated for an Academy Award, star in a few more "serious" movies, andĀ thenĀ do a superhero movie. That'd be so badass.

Togekiss

Wow theyā€™re really scratching the bottom of the barrel to squeeze every penny out of the super hero genre.

bring on that pecan pie

Archived