Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Cher - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) [Snippet]

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, i gotta say i chuckled on the "gimme A MAN after midnight" but i think it sounds pretty cool! can't wait to hear the album. as for cher covering ABBA - why not?! :excited:

Aussie

Meh, i'm not a fan of the idea of this album to begin with. It's just for a quick buck. Abba songs are so well known and iconic, its pointless to do a whole album with covers unless you are going to drastically change them and even then why an entire album? Delta Goodrem did an album of Olivia Newton John covers recently and it tanked. Cher should have released an original album with 1 Abba song to cover and that's it. She already sang Abba in Mamma Mia 2. That snipped just screams 'remix', some DJ could easily do it with the actual Abba track.

Anyhow i will try to keep an open mind IF the actual song(s) are different enough. What Madonna did with Hang Up is how these iconic tracks should be done IMO. That or turn them into a completely different genre of music.

ryanripley

oh my god what did they do to the instrumental :wtf: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Guest Adarsh
12 hours ago, UrineBlonde said:

didn't we all suffer enough with Mamma Mia! (The movie)?

Excuse me? Mamma Mia only solidified ABBA's legacy. Most of the people around me don't even know what ABBA is but know every single song from Mamma Mia. So its wrong to drag the movies. :triggered:

Vitleysingur
17 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Excuse me? Mamma Mia only solidified ABBA's legacy. Most of the people around me don't even know what ABBA is but know every single song from Mamma Mia. So its wrong to drag the movies. :triggered:

This

Even though the movie itself is cheesy, I do enjoy it quite a lot. I mean I can literally karaoke ABBA songs in the cinema.:ladyhaha:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Dunk96
6 hours ago, xokuba said:

I got scared when it/she started singing :giggle:

The absolute disrespect wow. :triggered:

Sister

Cher and her legendary vocals over ABBA music YAS :bye::firega::excited2:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Urine Blonde
12 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

As a HUGE ABBA fan, I found the movie cheesy AF! The musical is WAAAAAY better. I mean maybe it is the cast (minus Meryl)? I dunno.. But I didn't find it entertaining or exciting as much as the musical.

And the fact that people around you didn't know ABBA until the movie was released? :awkney:.....I mean.....really?

Guest Adarsh
15 hours ago, UrineBlonde said:

As a HUGE ABBA fan, I found the movie cheesy AF! The musical is WAAAAAY better. I mean maybe it is the cast (minus Meryl)? I dunno.. But I didn't find it entertaining or exciting as much as the musical.

And the fact that people around you didn't know ABBA until the movie was released? :awkney:.....I mean.....really?

Im speaking on the behalf of the gp. I live in the world's second largest populated country, everyone knows Gaga, Beyonce, Michael Jackson here but no one knows ABBA. But they love Mamma Mia. :vegas:

Archived