RAMROD

That;s so good and beautifully taken :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
7 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

When will the answer be "Oh, it was for LG6 booklet"? 

tumblr_on368cxLux1u6n38po1_250.gif

Do you really want a beach shoot to be the booklet... sis...

Let Klein or someone do the booklet

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I hate these tumblr-ish photo shoots

Huh? These aesthetic have been around since before tumblr tho?

nerdfacekillah
7 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

When will the answer be "Oh, it was for LG6 booklet"? 

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

MaryJaneHolland
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Huh? These aesthetic have been around since before tumblr tho?

I hate them anyway 2018_moo12.gif

YaaaasGaga

Beautiful photos, but uninspiring for the COVER. Like, would anyone actually walk past a magazine stand and say these two covers would stand out amongst all the others?

I would've kept these for the editorial inside, but compared to a certain other pop girls most recent magazine cover it's pretty bland.

rih_brows.0.jpg

AndrewGr

Terrible. It's like we've seen it 23095080 times.

Hope Gaga slays October's issue :whitney:

RAMROD
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

I hate them anyway 2018_moo12.gif

sksksks fair enough :giggle:

Arcanum
7 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Do you really want a beach shoot to be the booklet... sis...

Let Klein or someone do the booklet

Sis..I'm so ashamed but right now all I need is LG6 even if it has pics of her dressed like a banana peeing in a courtyard.

tumblr_inline_okviscIjKu1qc7g7w_500.gif

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

LordEnigma
2 minutes ago, johnwayne1993 said:

This should have been the cover IMO17_B8_D231_66_EC_4_C8_C_BC0_A_04_C2704_F

AGREE

I don’t understand why they chose the second one as a cover.

Borislshere

01-beyonce-vogue-september-cover-2018.jp

Pregnancy and Body acceptance 

Spoiler

Pregnancy & Body Acceptance

After the birth of my first child, I believed in the things society said about how my body should look. I put pressure on myself to lose all the baby weight in three months, and scheduled a small tour to assure I would do it. Looking back, that was crazy. I was still breastfeeding when I performed the Revel shows in Atlantic City in 2012. After the twins, I approached things very differently.

I was 218 pounds the day I gave birth to Rumi and Sir. I was swollen from toxemia and had been on bed rest for over a month. My health and my babies’ health were in danger, so I had an emergency C-section. We spent many weeks in the NICU. My husband was a soldier and such a strong support system for me. I am proud to have been a witness to his strength and evolution as a man, a best friend, and a father. I was in survival mode and did not grasp it all until months later. Today I have a connection to any parent who has been through such an experience. After the C-section, my core felt different. It had been major surgery. Some of your organs are shifted temporarily, and in rare cases, removed temporarily during delivery. I am not sure everyone understands that. I needed time to heal, to recover. During my recovery, I gave myself self-love and self-care, and I embraced being curvier. I accepted what my body wanted to be. After six months, I started preparing for Coachella. I became vegan temporarily, gave up coffee, alcohol, and all fruit drinks. But I was patient with myself and enjoyed my fuller curves. My kids and husband did, too.

I think it’s important for women and men to see and appreciate the beauty in their natural bodies. That’s why I stripped away the wigs and hair extensions and used little makeup for this shoot.

To this day my arms, shoulders, breasts, and thighs are fuller. I have a little mommy pouch, and I’m in no rush to get rid of it. I think it’s real. Whenever I’m ready to get a six-pack, I will go into beast zone and work my ass off until I have it. But right now, my little FUPA and I feel like we are meant to be.

06-beyonce-vogue-september-cover-2018.jp'

Opening Doors

Spoiler

Until there is a mosaic of perspectives coming from different ethnicities behind the lens, we will continue to have a narrow approach and view of what the world actually looks like. That is why I wanted to work with this brilliant 23-year-old photographer Tyler Mitchell.

When I first started, 21 years ago, I was told that it was hard for me to get onto covers of magazines because black people did not sell. Clearly that has been proven a myth. Not only is an African American on the cover of the most important month for Vogue, this is the first ever Vogue cover shot by an African American photographer.

It’s important to me that I help open doors for younger artists. There are so many cultural and societal barriers to entry that I like to do what I can to level the playing field, to present a different point of view for people who may feel like their voices don’t matter.

Imagine if someone hadn’t given a chance to the brilliant women who came before me: Josephine Baker, Nina Simone, Eartha Kitt, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Whitney Houston, and the list goes on. They opened the doors for me, and I pray that I’m doing all I can to open doors for the next generation of talents.

If people in powerful positions continue to hire and cast only people who look like them, sound like them, come from the same neighborhoods they grew up in, they will never have a greater understanding of experiences different from their own. They will hire the same models, curate the same art, cast the same actors over and over again, and we will all lose. The beauty of social media is it’s completely democratic. Everyone has a say. Everyone’s voice counts, and everyone has a chance to paint the world from their own perspective.

Coachella

Spoiler

I had a clear vision for Coachella. I was so specific because I’d seen it, I’d heard it, and it was already written inside of me. One day I was randomly singing the black national anthem to Rumi while putting her to sleep. I started humming it to her every day. In the show at the time I was working on a version of the anthem with these dark minor chords and stomps and belts and screams. After a few days of humming the anthem, I realized I had the melody wrong. I was singing the wrong anthem. One of the most rewarding parts of the show was making that change. I swear I felt pure joy shining down on us. I know that most of the young people on the stage and in the audience did not know the history of the black national anthem before Coachella. But they understood the feeling it gave them.

It was a celebration of all the people who sacrificed more than we could ever imagine, who moved the world forward so that it could welcome a woman of color to headline such a festival.

Thought these were interesting to read. Gives an insight to her thinking.

https://www.vogue.com/article/beyonce-september-issue-2018?mbid=social_twitter

Weasel

Eh it's whatever. Makes me wonder whether the rumours were true and if we can expect Gaga to be on the cover in October. 

• Admin changed the title to Beyoncé’s covers for Vogue’s September issue

Archived