Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't understand this fanbase...

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

Reality
40 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I know your comment about her having a career "based on mimicking people" wasn't intended to be insulting. My comment about her tributes being "draggy homages"  wasn't intended to be insulting either. Drag is associate with the mimicry of other artists. We are really making the same point. We just have different takes on the matter.

As for the second half of your reply, I think you can sing a Country song dressed as an alien, you can perform a Jazz standard in a meat suit, you can sing a Disco song in a cowgirl hat and fringe coat, you can scream a Heavy Metal song in a Braden Maxwell gown, you can perform a Sound of Music tribute in leather and jeans. What you are calling "embodying" personas, I would say verges into the territory of Community Theater takes on different archetypes. 

tumblr_nmvms0Kiip1rnqw2fo1_500.png

A cowgirl? For a Country record? Groundbreaking.

That is where precedence comes in, and I explicitly stated that. Gaga takes things that are already embedded in pop culture and puts her own unique spin on them. I mean, if she did the Cheek to Cheek tour with Tony in a meat dress, I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. That just doesn't make sense. 

Now before you say that "Well, Gaga has always done absurd things," while that is true, there was always a reason for it, and it made sense in the context in which she was doing it in. What is the context of her singing jazz in a meat dress? The reason she wore more elegant gowns instead of totally absurd costumes for that tour was because in the context of that tour, it makes sense. What you're describing would be her putting on random **** for the sake of putting on random ****.

As for Joanne specifically, once again, the whole point of that album was to be stripped down and have those Americana/Western themes. Could you imagine her dressed up as an alien singing about her dead aunt? What is that? That makes no sense whatsoever. At that point, it comes off as pretentious and it just looks as if she was dressing up as whatever to get attention. 

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

That is where precedence comes in, and I explicitly stated that. Gaga takes things that are already embedded in pop culture and puts her own unique spin on them. I mean, if she did the Cheek to Cheek tour with Tony in a meat dress, I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. That just doesn't make sense. 

Now before you say that "Well, Gaga has always done absurd things," while that is true, there was always a reason for it, and it made sense in the context in which she was doing it in. What is the context of her singing jazz in a meat dress? The reason she wore more elegant gowns instead of totally absurd costumes for that tour was because in the context of that tour, it makes sense. What you're describing would be her putting on random **** for the sake of putting on random ****.

As for Joanne specifically, once again, the whole point of that album was to be stripped down and have those Americana/Western themes. Could you imagine her dressed up as an alien singing about her dead aunt? What is that? That makes no sense whatsoever. At that point, it comes off as pretentious and it just looks as if she was dressing up as whatever to get attention. 

I don't think she put a unique spin on any of the visuals associated with Joanne, at all. I don't think it would be ridiculous for Gaga to wear Gareth Pugh, a Nick Cave suit, or raw meat while performing with Tony Bennet. I don't think radical fashion for the sake of radical fashion is inherently pretentious and attention seeking. I don't really agree with anything you said. So, we may just have to agree to disagree. :)

The Bling
On 10/19/2018 at 2:16 PM, JR Gg said:

You can slander the whole Joanne era, but that pink hat is the probably the most prominent pop iconography of 2016 lol :bye:

1129178233d3ed1c3816c0da7df517e7.jpeg says hi

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

StarstruckIllusion

bc Bad Romance is a genre defining and iconic hit. It is expected that artists always perform their hits. We all actually love that song to death. Idk about you. 

Million Reasons is cute but she did promote it for like 6 months... singles and her songs in general get 3 months of promo before they naturaly die so that’s where the joke came from. 

The only thing I dislike about Million Reasons is the MV. I find Joanne's to be a lot better. MR is just bad.

The night sky tells all

The Bling
10 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Is this a joke? :ladyhaha:

Are YOU a joke? :ladyhaha: The Ariana bunny ears are more iconic, everybody recognizes them. Show anyone the pink hat and they'll be like ":poot: why pink"

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Archived