R&B vs. JOANNE  

72 members have voted

1. 1. //

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF

There is a certain distinction between Red and Blue maturity-wise. Red and Blue is a great piece of work, but an amateur-ish creation of an young Gaga, while Joanne is an album centered around the idea of ''growth'' as an artist, so a showcasing of maturity created in a specific time in Gaga's career.

I don't mind the country/ Texas aesthetic in Joanne since Gaga used to give it a certain appeal/ a sense of familiarity for the American public but I understand your point. Red and Blue feels extremely ''raw'' since it has no ultimate commercial appeal while Joanne was a commercial album (crafted with Bloodpop involvement). I am not saying Joanne was forced, but Red And Blue really has a more naive and genuine feel to it mostly due to how carefree was.

I also don't like this indie narrative. Joanne did have some indie vibes but that's it. I don't think she should have gone deeper into this sound since since there was the risk to alienated a lot of this fanbase. I wouldn't mind a fuller (maybe more guitars) sound in most of the songs - so more of a rock direction but that's because of my taste. 

I may prefer Red and Blue  though (from Joanne I only use individual songs).

Archived