opinion

"Red and Blue" vs. "Joanne"

Moebius

R&B vs. JOANNE  

72 members have voted

1. 1. //

Featured Posts

monster4life231

When this thread went from 'What's better Red and Blue or Joanne' to debating music tastes and reminding the fan base that Gaga can fail commercially. Welcome to GGD.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Because unlike you, I started stanning different and varying artists and started viewing Gaga as an artist that CAN fail and WILL fail, a fact that this fanbase and most importantly YOU cant seem to accept.

My problem isnt with where Gaga is heading. My problem is how she is executing her ideas.

Remember, she has a manager and interscope to go to if she wants to execute ideas. If you have a problem with that, then it's not all Gaga

End Racism Now

DONAJENDRO

She played up Joanne like it was "her at her roots" but it was just another pop album with guitars on it. They ruined the album by forcing it to have a pop sound with bloodpop while Gaga may have had something else in mind. Instead of a well done album we got forced ""bops"" like DIC and John Wayne :messga:

Mad Onna

Oriane

She said Joanne would be the music she would have made at that age, without the fame. It's a real progress, I love Red and Blue but Joanne sounds more mature and refined musically, you can see that she made a lot of progress, in her voice, the melody, the lyrics, the production...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

MonsterAura

I do prefer her old style. 

No Floods, Wish You Were Here, Fooled Me Again, Wonderful, Captivated etc. An album full of songs like these would no doubt be my favorite Gaga album. It's not a coincidence Just Another Day is one of my favorite tracks on Joanne.

But when it comes to comparing these two back to back, Joanne wins for me. 

RileyMint
34 minutes ago, Gagalderone said:

She played up Joanne like it was "her at her roots" but it was just another pop album with guitars on it. They ruined the album by forcing it to have a pop sound with bloodpop while Gaga may have had something else in mind. Instead of a well done album we got forced ""bops"" like DIC and John Wayne :messga:

DIC is THAT bitch. Take it back.

Laceface

Red & Blue as I have such fond memories from being a teenager, found it hard to connect to Joanne as an album 

A Hybrid
1 hour ago, Craig Barnes said:

You stan Dua Lipa, Lorde and Lana - how is that varying?  All three make music for the masses of their genre, and are bland and boring

:madge:

No family’s safe when I sashay

DONAJENDRO
24 minutes ago, RileyMint said:

DIC is THAT bitch. Take it back.

Omf we stan quality discussion

Mad Onna

A Very Gaga Holida

I'm SHOOK that many of you think that Joanne would have been better without this added pop sound... and I couldn't agree more. For me, Joanne would have been way better if the tracklist was just:

1. A-YO

2. Joanne (Piano Version) 

3. Million Reasons

4. Sinner's Prayer

5. Come To Mama

6. Hey Girl

7. Angel Down

8. Grigio Girls

9. Just Another Day

I still prefer Joanne over Red And Blue. I think the melodies are better, so are the lyrics, the production and Gaga's vocals. I still love Dancin' In Circles but it could have been a standalone single à la The Cure

Arturo

Joanne by far. Red & Blue was cute at best. It doesn’t feel as authentic as the generational trauma in Joanne, heartbreak from a failed engagement in MR, NY city struggles in DH, and social commentary in Angel Down.

Joanne is much more in depth and multidimensional and thats just an objective statement not an opinion.

Tired of the Joanne slack on here.

Arturo
1 hour ago, Moebius said:

Because unlike you, I started stanning different and varying artists and started viewing Gaga as an artist that CAN fail and WILL fail, a fact that this fanbase and most importantly YOU cant seem to accept.

My problem isnt with where Gaga is heading. My problem is how she is executing her ideas.

The idea that liking Joanne means we can’t accept that Gaga can’t fail is ridiculous.

Most of us view it as a musical success just as it was a commercial success. Even if someo of us dont like it AS MUCH as her other albums and also acknowledge that it didnt perform as well as TF/TFM.

xoxo Craig
17 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

I'm SHOOK that many of you think that Joanne would have been better without this added pop sound... and I couldn't agree more. For me, Joanne would have been way better if the tracklist was just:

1. A-YO

2. Joanne (Piano Version) 

3. Million Reasons

4. Sinner's Prayer

5. Come To Mama

6. Hey Girl

7. Angel Down

8. Grigio Girls

9. Just Another Day

I still prefer Joanne over Red And Blue. I think the melodies are better, so are the lyrics, the production and Gaga's vocals. I still love Dancin' In Circles but it could have been a standalone single à la The Cure

Joanne is perfect as it is

End Racism Now

Archived