funny

The Scottish Lilo & Stitch

Chromatic

Featured Posts

youandi

I saw that first one on Facebook a while back and I loved it

second one not quite as funny 

StrawberryBlond

As a Scot myself, these are amazing! Inappropriate as hell but hilarious! My favourite is: "I swear to God, I will smash f**k oot your teeth with this sledgehammer! Open the door noo or I'm getting the jail for you!" :lmao: For those who don't know, "I'm getting the jail for you" basically means "if you don't do what I say, I'm going to do something so bad I'm going to jail!" but it's so grammatically incorrect that it sounds like the other person's going to jail which makes it funny! And as for the second one: "I don't do dates, I want a man to come here, s**g me rotten and then leave, that's all!" :toofunny: This sounds not unlike an interaction in your average Glasgow nightclub!

But bear in mind this definitely isn't how of us talk, dropping a swearword every few words or so. This is a very specific way of speaking that the rough, working class variety engage in. And not all of them are bad people either, it's just how you talk if you're from certain environments. Although I'd say the guy who's doing this is definitely Scottish, it sounds like he takes some liberties so that non-Scots will understand him, even though he provides subtitles. We either don't ennunciate our T's or do so very softly, so he's over-emphasising words ending in T somewhat. And instead of adding a Scots tinge to obvious words, therefore making them "hame" or "deid," he's still saying "home" or "dead" which is a bit weird. Turns out he's done a lot more Disney movies as well - I just looked at the Cinderella one, which is also a riot!

@Craig Barnes Have you seen this? Scot to Scot, thought you might appreciate it!

xoxo Craig
15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

As a Scot myself, these are amazing! Inappropriate as hell but hilarious! My favourite is: "I swear to God, I will smash f**k oot your teeth with this sledgehammer! Open the door noo or I'm getting the jail for you!" :lmao: For those who don't know, "I'm getting the jail for you" basically means "if you don't do what I say, I'm going to do something so bad I'm going to jail!" but it's so grammatically incorrect that it sounds like the other person's going to jail which makes it funny! And as for the second one: "I don't do dates, I want a man to come here, s**g me rotten and then leave, that's all!" :toofunny: This sounds not unlike an interaction in your average Glasgow nightclub!

But bear in mind this definitely isn't how of us talk, dropping a swearword every few words or so. This is a very specific way of speaking that the rough, working class variety engage in. And not all of them are bad people either, it's just how you talk if you're from certain environments. Although I'd say the guy who's doing this is definitely Scottish, it sounds like he takes some liberties so that non-Scots will understand him, even though he provides subtitles. We either don't ennunciate our T's or do so very softly, so he's over-emphasising words ending in T somewhat. And instead of adding a Scots tinge to obvious words, therefore making them "hame" or "deid," he's still saying "home" or "dead" which is a bit weird. Turns out he's done a lot more Disney movies as well - I just looked at the Cinderella one, which is also a riot!

@Craig Barnes Have you seen this? Scot to Scot, thought you might appreciate it!

Yes I saw these on Facebook a while ago haha :ladyhaha:

End Racism Now

Archived