💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is deliberately avoiding generic producers

Bradley

Featured Posts

geopang

BloodPop is generic though.

but other than that, I agree. I’m glad she hasn’t chosen the generic producer route simply to pump out trivial and unauthentic pop songs. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g

I don't think she cares about how popular a producer is. I think she focuses on what she wants to do and what sound has potential and contacta whoever she needs to contact.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

xoxo Craig
50 minutes ago, Anisko said:

I would agree with u if she's not working with bloodpop aka "tropicalpop" 

Bloodpop is not a generic producer... He doesn't just do 'tropical pop' and his work on Joanne proves that. Gaga will bring the best out of him and it won't sound any generic :awkney:

End Racism Now

Bradley
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Maybe not Ariana Grande, but Taylor Swift? She gets all type of recognition :awkney: and, like you noticed, there's a lot more to an artist than the producers. There's the fashion, there are the live shows, and Gaga has everything. The reason Ariana doesn't get credits for pushing the boundaries of pop is because of management and the way she decided to showcase her career, nothing else. Do people credit RedOne? No, they credit Gaga. What's the difference if Gaga decided to work with Max Martin? The reason Ariana or Taylor hire Max Martin is not the same reason Gaga might hire him, and that is why RedOne's work with Gaga is iconic and RedOne's work with other artists is generic vomit. The reason why Gaga is placed in a higher league doesn't really translate to the type of producer she hires.

Taylor Swift's strongest department is her songwriting and she deserves credit for sure. But we were talking about artists making artistic choices and I was just pointing out in the OP that Taylor, like almost every other big name in the industry, is taking the safe route by enlisting the same producer over and over again. It's not just with producers that she does that, she did collaborate with Joseph Kahn for almost 10 music videos (rough number) from the 1989 to the Reputation era. It's almost as if she wants to recreate the formula which gave her success and doesn't want to try anything else. She's popular, she's won many awards, but she doesn't reinvent.

As for Ariana is that suppose to be a defense? I'm confused.

Bradley
1 hour ago, Anisko said:

I would agree with u if she's not working with bloodpop aka "tropicalpop" 

Actually Bloodpop was just the final touch of Joanne. Mark Ronson was the mastermind behind it, he executive-produced the album.

plasticalice
1 hour ago, Craig Barnes said:

We really don't 

We do! 1989 and Melodrama are AMAZING. I love his 80’s sound.

Esteban

Bloodpop says hi! 

😎

Edit: I'm not the first to say that sorry for the redit 

xoxo Craig
46 minutes ago, geopang said:

BloodPop is generic though.

but other than that, I agree. I’m glad she hasn’t chosen the generic producer route simply to pump out trivial and unauthentic pop songs. 

Bloodpop isn't generic, his work with John Legend sounds completely different to his work with JB or Gaga

End Racism Now

Archived