question

Is Ariana the new Gaga?

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

FrankGutz
8 minutes ago, KING said:

ibHSUrfoRGGIobr-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15122

:gum: 

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Henri Bardot said:

Beyoncé's been out there since 1997 :huh: (solo artist since 2003). 

Ariana is a main pop girl. Believe me, no one knows Camila or Demi nowadays, and they do know Ariana.

Beyonce this decade isn't the same artist as the previous decade. Today, she is the queen of visuals and performances and social commentary in her music. The stuff LG was known for.

FrankGutz
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

However, you can't just look at three music videos to judge this era's body of work. She had some amazing visuals for performances and her outfits were consistent and they stayed true to the theme of Joanne. I feel like people want to bash Joanne because they're constantly comparing it to her previous eras. Gaga stated in an interview during the Joanne era that people need to stop comparing the eras and look at them as distinct and individual. This era accomplished a lot, and the visuals of it helped to do so.

U have a point tho

At least, i loved the SB, VSFS and Coachella were she finally awknoledge ARTPOP, i was so happy :cryga:  and yes, some of her performances were stunning, also the doc we had in Netflix was cute af

Only thing im not agree is about the MR mv lol

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

LordEnigma

The comments in this thread - damn, don’t know why we have to hate every pop artist who has success.

Earthling
1 hour ago, PoshLife said:

I wish I could take you all on a magical journey back to the summer of 2009 when the Paparazzi video came out. It wasn't just about the fact that Lady Gaga was popular at the time (with massive hits Just Dance and Poker Face already under her belt). The music video was at once beautiful, creative, and a little bit disturbing (dead models, hello?). It was well-choreographed and the fashion was great, and on top of that it simply wasn't what people were used to seeing out of pop music. The sheer number of people talking about it was incredible (and I was just out of high school at the time, so arguably the target demographic) - young women who would never admit to loving Gaga today (for silly media-driven reasons) were *obsessed* with the song and the video. She was extremely mainstream, but with an artistry that was not made to be mass-produced. That is a combination you don't see a lot. So I would argue that the Paparazzi era - the video and then the VMA performance - was what set Gaga on a crash course with super-stardom. A lot of people felt that way at the time, it was just in the air around Gaga. It was the first time we really saw what she was capable of - catchy pop music, but with real artistry behind it.

So if you're asking if Ariana Grande is popular now, yeah of course she is. But she is NOT the new Gaga. Not by a longshot. And hanging upside down on her album jacket isn't going to make it so.

THIS

This is the exact moment I became a stan

magia2000-lady-gaga-paparazzi-doll-and-p

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Smother Em Eh

No, and I’m not trying to be rude when I say this, but no, stop, just stop! 

Ariana isn’t even 1/10 on Gagas level!

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

2 hours ago, FrankGutz said:

While Gagz took the safest route to pander America with her countrish, folk, americana sound

if that's safe then what's risky for you?

Damon

I love both but they are not even close to be compared though, they are quite different

and I'm not saying one is better than the other, they both are good in what they do

... and now i just sit in silence.

Bradley

She hasn't done anything extraordinary in her entire career. She serves some bops but she's never been known for pushing the boundaries or innovating her music and fashion and on-stage theatrics, does she even have theatrics to be begin with? She's always played the safe route where commercial appeal is of utmost importance to her whereas Gaga has been known to constantly innovate and take risks in her artistic choices. Ariana does not even write or produce her biggest hits, whereas Gaga is heavily involved including writing and producing every single track she makes. If you ask me, hell even Katy Perry is a better songwriter.

Also let me just post some of the most iconic and universally acclaimed moments in Gaga's career, something that is heavily lacking in Ariana's career.

gaga_2-b10ec1d0-66ce-4d07-9d03-678918e3b

5c1ddec9b70f02131884462622184094.jpg

Pictures-Lady-Gaga-Joe-Calderone-Perform

tumblr_nk7kd6TfhD1rlt6ieo1_1280.jpg

Lady-Gaga-performance.jpg

lady-gaga-bang-bang-wallpaper-desktop.jp

Lady-Gaga---2015-GRAMMY-Awards--07.jpg

gettyimages-510513888.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

12-lady-gaga-super-bowl-feb-2017-billboa

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, Loud said:

if that's safe then what's risky for you?

She could went fully hard rock, experimental, abstract, alt, grunge, there are so many genres

1 minute ago, FrankGutz said:

She could went fully hard rock, experimental, abstract, alt, grunge, there are so many genres

genres you like you mean, because americana/folk/country are just as risky as those, more if you count the fact the conservative white old men who likes these genres are not super fans of the gays and gaga's persona

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, Loud said:

genres you like you mean, because americana/folk/country are just as risky as those, more if you count the fact the conservative white old men who likes these genres are not super fans of the gays and gaga's persona

that's why she used it to clean her image and gain other markets, im not even saying its bad, wasnt my tea or of my taste but it was lowkey safe and it worked for her, so its ok i guess

Why can’t she just be Ariana. Why does she have to be the “new” someone. They can all coexist without being compared all the time. 

Wet Fire

There are certain thought-provoking points that you raised here. Let me see. I think no one except Britney Spears and Taylor Swift in the 21st century has been able to match the height of popularity like Gaga. Even then, Gaga has been insanely popular, more than others. The media coverage at some points has been ridiculously massive. Especially the 2015 Oscars and the Superbowl performances have become crazily applauded. So, popularity wise, Ariana is far behind. Musically, Ariana has a more interesting voice, but we all know what she can do with it. I mean, there's no vocal surprise left. But in case of Gaga, vocals are more innovative, more diverse. I'm not talking about range, but style. Whether it's rock or jazz, screaming or spoken bits in a song, Gaga has been more innovative than Ariana. Gaga takes more risk, though Joanne and The Cure have not been path-breaking, some songs like Come to Mama and Dancin' in Circles and Perfect Illusion bear a uniqueness only Gaga can approach. Now, Music video wise, Ariana is a newbie, and she has no artistic vision there. GIAW is a good video and I understand the various artistic effects its visuals tried to capture. But it lacks the finesse or mastery of Gaga's. I believe, if you want to talk about artistic, reference-filled videos, Applause takes the crown. Applause is one of the most ARTPOPish videos ever. So, no, Gaga is idiosyncratic, and even when she takes extremely conventional approach, which she actually does sometimes, she still bears an identity of being a torchbearer of avant-grde pop culture.

Archived