Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Ariana the new Gaga?

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

FrankGutz
29 minutes ago, GEORGE GAGA said:

No. Nice try ! :trollga:

lol, im not even her fan either stream ha music so...

tumblr_mo8yxmTGW81s7pipjo1_500.gif

19 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Okay, so...

MUSIC WISE: I don't understand why people keep saying that Gaga took a "safe route" with Joanne. Music wise, that era was anything but safe. 1) It goes against her brand. Sure, she had C2C, but the general populace knows her as the "Just Dance/Poker Face/Bad Romance girl," not a rock/country/folk singer, so going against that meant that it had the potential to set people off (which it did in some cases). 2) It's not radio friendly. The most radio-friendly songs on that album were "A-YO" and "Million Reasons," and even then, they weren't "radio-friendly" in the traditional sense: "A-YO" was a country-pop song with funk influences and "Million Reasons" was a ballad, something Gaga's not very popular for. 

Sure, Ariana took a risk with her music, but it's not like it's anything new or special. If anything, she conformed to the trap/hip hop/pop trend that's happening right now. Just because you take a risk with your music doesn't necessarily mean much.

VISUALS/VIDEOS: Once again, I'm not entirely sure how making more visually appealing videos equates you to Lady Gaga...Sure Gaga's made beautiful videos, and Ariana's recent ones (except for TLIC, I absolutely hate that one) are visually appealing, but I don't see how the two correlate. 

Its her most american album to date, lets dont be delusional about it, and do an americana/countrish album it is safe, and its ok, afther ARTPOP she did C2C to clean her image, i think she made Joanne to wing the American GP, a lot of non americans and american fans jumped to Taylor, Katy or Ariana who kept doing pop :diane:

Visuals were always one of the things on Gagz career, she always tried to push and evolve with her music videos, even Eh Eh or Just Dance that doesnt have big budgers were really cute, if you look the Joanne videos were boring and JW for example had horrible editing mistakes, something would never happen in other eras (except of course for The Edge of Glory lol)

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chickens in Malibu

No she's overrated and I don't like her. No offense but all of her songs almost sound the same. It's so annoying.

Monsterish
45 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

She hasn't made anything iconic, so no 

She licked a donut :poot:

ryanripley
10 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

if you look the Joanne videos were boring and JW for example had horrible editing mistakes

PI and JW are anything but boring anyways but where are the mistakes?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Henri Bardot
12 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Joanne is NOT safe. The Cure is safe. Joanne was a risk. Is it bland? Perhaps, But it was a risk coming from her.

And Ariana did not replace LG lol. She isn't even a main pop girl. She's still on the Camilla/Demi/etc level.

If anyone "replaced" LG it's Beyonce. 

Beyoncé's been out there since 1997 :huh: (solo artist since 2003). 

Ariana is a main pop girl. Believe me, no one knows Camila or Demi nowadays, and they do know Ariana.

pooiota

Clarence
37 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

VISULAS/VIDEOS: While Gagz was one of the most creative and powerful names on Music Videos, she kinda lost it since G.U.Y., the Joanne era didnt felt that gracious or beautiful when we talk about MV

u gays are gonna drive me crazy saying she "lost it" she didn't lose anything! she's in a different mindset for each era. she wanted to connect with ppl as much as possible. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. and no. Ariana isnt the new whatever. she is the new Ariana.

Reality
6 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

Its her most american album to date, lets dont be delusional about it, and do an americana/countrish album it is safe, and its ok, afther ARTPOP she did C2C to clean her image, i think she made Joanne to wing the American GP, a lot of non americans and american fans jumped to Taylor, Katy or Ariana who kept doing pop :diane:

Visuals were always one of the things on Gagz career, she always tried to push and evolve with her music videos, even Eh Eh or Just Dance that doesnt have big budgers were really cute, if you look the Joanne videos were boring and JW for example had horrible editing mistakes, something would never happen in other eras (except of course for The Edge of Glory lol)

I guess you could call it her most "American" album, though that term is a little bit vague. Once again, I don't see how Lady Gaga doing a country/folk/pop album is a safe bet. She effectively did a 180 from what she portrayed herself to be (not saying that that's a bad thing, it's just an observation). I mean, if it hadn't been for C2C to make that transition, most people would be like "Gaga's doing an Americana/country album? That's weird." She's established herself as an out-of-the-box, "crazy" pop star. The last thing you'd expect from her is a song like Sinner's Prayer, which is as country as it gets. It wasn't consistent with what she did, and it certainly wasn't radio-friendly. She even stated herself in an interview that she purposeful chose not to follow radio trends. Yes, she did this album to change up her image a bit and garner a new audience, but it certain was a risk that she too. If anything, this is her most ambitious album yet.

Just because someone has nice visuals doesn't mean that they're the next "Lady Gaga." In my opinion, what defines Gaga, and what I think constitutes someone else being the "next" or "new" Gaga is the ambition, creativity, and overall unapologetic attitude. Gaga was someone who was/is bold and daring. She did things that almost no other artist did, she stood up for what she believed in and fought for it, she literally changed the music industry, she wore crazy outfits, etc., etc. In my opinion, Ariana, while an amazing artist, just doesn't have those qualities to the degree that Gaga does. That's why she isn't the "new Gaga." 

🖤👹

geopang

What a laughable statement. She could never. Ariana is just as manufactured as all the other girls on the scene right now. 

Andrea B
19 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

ignore him, I already argued with him some months ago and he doesn't really have good arguments. He just hates Joanne so much and he's not really a gaga stan 

DiwCJ0NUwAAoxBk.jpg

DiwCLLiUwAEhp73.jpg

DiwCnM5VsAADpNH.jpg

like its okay if someone doesn't like Joanne but hating on someone just for releasing country inspired music is too much  

the screenshots: 

https://imgur.com/HD1UVj6

https://imgur.com/vta5GL0

https://imgur.com/9hG8jIQ

ryanripley
4 minutes ago, Andree said:

ignore him, I already argued with him some months ago and he doesn't really have good arguments. He just hates Joanne so much and he's not really a gaga stan 

DiwCJ0NUwAAoxBk.jpg

DiwCLLiUwAEhp73.jpg

DiwCnM5VsAADpNH.jpg

like its okay if someone doesn't like Joanne but hating on someone just for releasing country inspired music is too much  

embed is broken :cryga:

post the images as links instead

FrankGutz
9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

lady-gaga-john-wayne-video-wtach-1486581

gaga-john-wayne.jpg

8 minutes ago, ClarenceCross said:

u gays are gonna drive me crazy saying she "lost it" she didn't lose anything! she's in a different mindset for each era. she wanted to connect with ppl as much as possible. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. and no. Ariana isnt the new whatever. she is the new Ariana.

At least since G.U.Y. she hasnt prove it tho

6 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Just because someone has nice visuals doesn't mean that they're the next "Lady Gaga." In my opinion, what defines Gaga, and what I think constitutes someone else being the "next" or "new" Gaga is the ambition, creativity, and overall unapologetic attitude. Gaga was someone who was/is bold and daring. She did things that almost no other artist did, she stood up for what she believed in and fought for it, she literally changed the music industry, she wore crazy outfits, etc., etc. In my opinion, Ariana, while an amazing artist, just doesn't have those qualities to the degree that Gaga does. That's why she isn't the "new Gaga." 

Someting she hasnt shown since C2C, her jazz album was more ambitious, bold and brave move, not Joanne

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

ryanripley
Just now, FrankGutz said:

lady-gaga-john-wayne-video-wtach-1486581

gaga-john-wayne.jpg

how is that a mistake? those are blurry screencaps lmao

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

What is wrong with it? What did you want from it....

Archived