Is Ariana the new Gaga?

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaron l
10 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

Last time i checked Gaga is still alive.. So you cant get rid of Gaga.. Cant replace ha.. Many will try.. None will succeed.

I hope this was intentional shade to Madge :sharon:

Eggsy
1 minute ago, aaron l said:

I hope this was intentional shade to Madge :sharon:

It was not.. But ill accept its fate.

Ryusei

idk how they're comparable tbh. And this isn't shade I love them both.

Musery

lairofhk

Pls stop with the whole “______ is the new _____” bull crap. It’s so exhausting and just dumb. Oh and Gaga’s still better than Ari. And will always be. That’s my final word :huntyga:

Reality

Okay, so...

MUSIC WISE: I don't understand why people keep saying that Gaga took a "safe route" with Joanne. Music wise, that era was anything but safe. 1) It goes against her brand. Sure, she had C2C, but the general populace knows her as the "Just Dance/Poker Face/Bad Romance girl," not a rock/country/folk singer, so going against that meant that it had the potential to set people off (which it did in some cases). 2) It's not radio friendly. The most radio-friendly songs on that album were "A-YO" and "Million Reasons," and even then, they weren't "radio-friendly" in the traditional sense: "A-YO" was a country-pop song with funk influences and "Million Reasons" was a ballad, something Gaga's not very popular for. 

Sure, Ariana took a risk with her music, but it's not like it's anything new or special. If anything, she conformed to the trap/hip hop/pop trend that's happening right now. Just because you take a risk with your music doesn't necessarily mean much.

VISUALS/VIDEOS: Once again, I'm not entirely sure how making more visually appealing videos equates you to Lady Gaga...Sure Gaga's made beautiful videos, and Ariana's recent ones (except for TLIC, I absolutely hate that one) are visually appealing, but I don't see how the two correlate. 

🃏🖤👹

BawBaw
27 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

First of all, im not an Ariana stan, god forgive me if i ever turn in one of them.  But it seems like she's rn the most loved pop girl, ive seen even some ex Gaga stans stanning for her ass while shading Gagz

Let's see

MUSIC WISE: While Gagz took the safest route to pander America with her countrish, folk, americana sound, Ariana Grande took a risk, even when i definetly didnT liked her new songs i dont think they're as safe as Gagz or as safe as any bland/teen Taylor Swift track meant to smash, idk how will sound her record but its probably gonna be a miss or hit situation, like rn everyone is praising God is a Woman while TLIC is one of the worst songs ever made.

VISULAS/VIDEOS: While Gagz was one of the most creative and powerful names on Music Videos, she kinda lost it since G.U.Y., the Joanne era didnt felt that gracious or beautiful when we talk about MV, but now, Ariana, one of the girls with the most random and meh videos are stepping up the game and already delivered 2 videos with stunning visuals, those might not be innovative or new concepts but yet she is doing what Gaga hasnt done for a long time (either for her sickness, creativity block, laziness, whatever it is)

So.... is Ariana the new MADONNA/GAGA?? Is she the new main pop girl everyone's gonna jump after ditching them faves??

:what: wut??!???!! 

Miichael

Ariana is amazing, super talented girl :golfclap:

But no, no one is the new Gaga except for Gaga :vegas:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

Andrea B

Nope, her songs don't sound like Gaga's songs, Gaga is more creative than her. The Coachella interludes alone are more interesting than Ariana's Videography so you better go away with you Joanne hate agenda cause I know for a fact that in the past(on Twitter) you have called Lady gaga ''trash'' ''lazy'' ''stup*d'' for releasing Joanne. Joanne was a simple era, did you expect crazy videos? Lady gaga proved to us with Coachella that she can still make crazy visuals so NEXT. 

and btw maybe you need to do a little research cause country music is not that popular anymore, so Joanne wasn't a safe decision, it was a risk considering that Gaga is a pop star and trap music is trendy right now. 

Thomas P

I love Ariana more than life itself but hell to the ****ing no. She’s lacking in the artistry, originality, and she hasn’t had the “iconic” moments that gaga has had. Ariana is just a very talented singer, with great music under her bealt. Gaga is a pop music icon that has solidified herself as the icon of a generation.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Joanne is NOT safe. The Cure is safe. Joanne was a risk. Is it bland? Perhaps, But it was a risk coming from her.

And Ariana did not replace LG lol. She isn't even a main pop girl. She's still on the Camilla/Demi/etc level.

If anyone "replaced" LG it's Beyonce. 

TMM90

The only similarity is that she’s the ‘It’ girl right now, Like Gaga was the first 3 years of her career.

Archived