Matangi
10 hours ago, goldenrealm said:

I think so too, other names that I can think of is rihanna and selena

lmfao a half time of selena whispering for 15 min could u imagine

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matangi

TBH its a matter of time before 1. taylor 2. rihanna or 3. drake all do the superbowl, but could be any number of other artists or bands.

luckyanderson

In my "Intro to Mass Communication" class last year, we were certain Ariana Grande would have been the one performing at Superbowl LII following Gaga but NFL decided to bring Justin Timberlake "out of the woods." Perhaps they will do something similar again and bring out the likes of previously overlooked performers i.e. Britney, Christina, Miley, Justin Bieber or Maroon 5, even. Who knows?

I can say I HIGHLY doubt we will ever see the likes of Meghan Trainor, Cardi B, Nicki Minaj or any male hip-hop artist asked to perform. J.Lo would be pushing it now, but again who knows? Minded in the case of J.T. his previous two albums HAD been quite successful so I am sure the NFL wanted to capitalize on the oppurtunity of his latest assuming it would do the same. Perhaps the election has also had an effect on performers chosen with the "return" of the Silent Majority, again, who knows?

The real question is whether the NFL was disappointed Gaga didn't perform but 1 song from Joanne, which was the original reason they had partially decided to ask her to perform, I thought? (Same goes for Beyoncé with her pre-visual album, "Grown Woman" and "Standing on the Sun" tease.) I was quite surprised Gaga didn't perform "A-Yo" despite it's chart position with its upbeat, jumpy, stadium pep-rally sound. 

Would really like for Kendrick Lamar to do it. Considering rap (and its sub-genres) is dominant right now, I think it's appropriate a rapper headline it for the first time, and I can't think of someone more worthy to be the first than Kendrick Lamar. 

If not Lamar, then I would love love love Pink. I think Rihanna getting it is inevitable, while Pink's best shot is right now considering she just did the anthem, so I'd like Pink over Rihanna for the next SB. 

JudasJustDance

Shakira deserves it. She has a nice voice and dances well :ohwell: Can’t think of anyone being more entertaining (that hasn’t done the Super Bowl)

Haroon

I want Rihanna or Taylor Swift or Adele or Britney Spears :giveup: All of them have hits under their belt and could put on great shows in my opinion :flutter: 

HookerOnAChurch

Rihanna or some basic rap group.. i didn't say Migos. :oops:

Head Empty

Muse deserves it when it comes to the shows they put on (Drones World Tour was the best show I ever saw, and I've seen BTWB, ArtRave and JWT), but they dont have the mainstream appeal that the last few SB performers have had.

I'd personally love Imagine Dragons and they have the hits to pull it off, but I wouldn't be mad if they do it later in their career. They'd pair very well with Kendrick though, as they did at the Grammys a couple of years ago.

Queen + Adam Lambert definitely deserve the spot. Saw them earlier this month and it was awesome. Plus it would be a great opportunity for a Gaga appearance :giveup:

Pablo
7 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

What's wrong with Imagine Dragons??? They're so great live....

Their discography

Don't visit my profile

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Their discography

Tell me songs that are wrong to you......Imagine Dragons have deep beautiful lyrics and songs. They have upbeat and deep lyrics at the same time in their songs.

Reality

I really want Pink to do it next year. I mean, she did the national anthem like Gaga did in 2016, and the following year she did the Super Bowl Half Time, so why not?

Also, I just think Pink's an incredible performer and singer, and she's pretty much universally well liked so I don't think people would be complaining too much about it or anything. She also has some great hits.

🃏🖤👹

aaron l
9 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I really want Pink to do it next year. I mean, she did the national anthem like Gaga did in 2016, and the following year she did the Super Bowl Half Time, so why not?

Also, I just think Pink's an incredible performer and singer, and she's pretty much universally well liked so I don't think people would be complaining too much about it or anything. She also has some great hits.

I find it weird picturing her performing a medley of her songs when she literally just did it a little while ago.

Regardless, I do think she is deserving and we know she'd pull out some crazy stunts.

LordEnigma
21 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I doubt it.

1) She is not a household name.

2) She is not perceived as a good performer (I am not saying that she isn't, it's just the way she is perceived in general)

3) She is indeed very popular on social media but lacks multi-generational power.

Where is she not seen as a good performer? I feel like that is completely made up 

Archived